The difference between the fins cap and the bills cap | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The difference between the fins cap and the bills cap

Re: Re: We have had this wrong all along!!!!

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

We've averaged 6 wins a year the past 4 years, you've averaged 10, and all you have to show for it is 1 playoff win(which was quickly a distant memory once you played oakland)

What we have to show for it is 41 wins.

If you want to really follow your argument to the end, you have to admit that only a SB win is a successful season. Why is getting into the playoffs and then getting eliminated successful?

In the harshest view, there is only one successful team each year.

Guys, can you look at this objectively for a second?

Bills went 6-10: Got rid of their two worst coaches(gilbride is gone for sure), and got a good draft position(13th).

Miami went 10-6 missed the playoffs: finished good enough to KEEP their coach(mistake), and draft 20th.

Yes, we both would of much rather had a playoff berth, but now that we don't, who ultimately won?

You're right the Bills moved a step closer to their goal of picking #1 while the Fins moved closer to their goal of picking #32.

Good job Bills! I hope you have and 'even more successful' season next year. ;)

Re: Re: Re: We have had this wrong all along!!!!

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

What we have to show for it is 41 wins.

If you want to really follow your argument to the end, you have to admit that only a SB win is a successful season. Why is getting into the playoffs and then getting eliminated successful?

In the harshest view, there is only one successful team each year.
I agree and disagree.
Yes, there is only 1 true winner, and 31 losers, but making the playoffs perenially, and improving is impressive as well.
Bills have been nowhere the past 4 years(although 3 of 4 of those years we were expected to suck).
Dolphins had Lamar Smith, and no great receivers, and went 11-5 in back-to back years. Then they get Ricky and miss the playoffs twice.
Dolphins:
2000: 11-5, 1st place afc east, 1-1 in playoffs
2001: 11-5, 2nd place afc east, 0-1 in playoffs
2002: 9-7, 3rd place afc east, no playoffs
2003: 10-6, 2nd place afc east, no playoffs

Bills:
2000: 8-8, 3rd place afc east, no playoffs
2001: 3-13, last place, no playoffs
2002: 8-8, last place, no playoffs
2003: 6-10, 3rd place, no playoffs

As sad as it is, not much separates us these last few years except a playoff win from 3 years ago.

You're right the Bills moved a step closer to their goal of picking #1 while the Fins moved closer to their goal of picking #32.

Good job Bills! I hope you have and 'even more successful' season next year. ;)
you'll never get anywhere near the 32nd pick with wanny at the helm:D
we got rid of our cancer, you still have yours:tongue:

Originally posted by Spikes
"Wrong. What we got was the opportunity to celebrate 10 times during the year, hope for the playoffs until after the 15th week of the season, and the satisfaction in knowing that we improved over last year"

Technically...you were eliminated a week earlier than last year. Since everything stat wise in sports can only be compared against stats at the same time...you got worse.

In fact...you've been eliminated from the playoffs a week earlier every year for the last 4 years.

2003- week 16
2002- week 17
2001- Wildcard game
2000- Division game

So when were the billy goats last in a playoff game ??????:roflmao:

And it doesn't count if they needed tickets to get in !!

Get REAL .....

:wave:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983

So when were the billy goats last in a playoff game ??????:roflmao:

And it doesn't count if they needed tickets to get in !!

Get REAL .....

:wave:

Marino1983
4 years ago...and your last one was 2 years ago...congrats, you suck less than us:sleep:

Re: Re: Re: Re: We have had this wrong all along!!!!

making the playoffs perenially, and improving is impressive as well.

Why? The goal is to win the SB. Up until 2002 the Fins had made the playoffs 5 straight years. Only team in the league to do that over that stretch ('97, '98, '99, '00, '01). Does that make them the best team in the league over that stretch?

Bills have been nowhere the past 4 years(although 3 of 4 of those years we were expected to suck).

And expecting to suck makes it ok? Well, you should be ok next year too.

As sad as it is, not much separates us these last few years except a playoff win from 3 years ago.

and 16 wins.

I certainly agree you've got a better chance at getting to #1. Although you'd probably pick a DE that can't play. He could form a club with Flowers, Denney, and Kelsay.:lol:

:spit: Yeah and rumor has it as J Fassel will be the new billy goat fan savior !!

The goats have picked higher then the Dolphins for the last 4 years and what has it gotten them ?

Last place AGAIN !!

You always like to brag about how much cap room your goats have c-JERK ,,,, where has it gotten them ??

:lol:

Marino1983

"Why? The goal is to win the SB. Up until 2002 the Fins had made the playoffs 5 straight years. Only team in the league to do that over that stretch ('97, '98, '99, '00, '01). Does that make them the best team in the league over that stretch?"

once again, read my whole post--when did i say that was better than winning a superbowl?...but keep making **** up as you go along if it helps improve your argument.
"And expecting to suck makes it ok?"--no, but do you really think the 00-02 Bills teams were even near as talented as the 00-02 fins teams?

"and 16 wins"
and what has that gotten you?...falsified hope in Wanny and Fiedler...and you guys got baited into wanting them again for next year

:D

Originally posted by Marino1983

:spit: Yeah and rumor has it as J Fassel will be the new billy goat fan savior !!

The goats have picked higher then the Dolphins for the last 4 years and what has it gotten them ?

Last place AGAIN !!

You always like to brag about how much cap room your goats have c-JERK ,,,, where has it gotten them ??

Marino1983
the same place it's gotten you--NOWHERE!
but now we will be getting a new HC, who undoubtedly will be better than the last 2 abominations(Manboobs and Bum's son)...and you still have your lousy a$$ head coach for 2 more years:lol:

I certainly agree you've got a better chance at getting to #1. Although you'd probably pick a DE that can't play. He could form a club with Flowers, Denney, and Kelsay.:lol:
we won't need a DE in the draft, cause TD will snag O-gun from you guys:tongue:

once again, read my whole post--when did i say that was better than winning a superbowl?...but keep making **** up as you go along if it helps improve your argument.

And when did I say it did? I merely asked if they were the best over that stretch because they were the most consistent. You brought that up as a measure of success, not me.

but do you really think the 00-02 Bills teams were even near as talented as the 00-02 fins teams?

No I don't. But you are the one claiming that the teams accomplishments are nearly equal.

and what has that gotten you?...falsified hope in Wanny and Fiedler...and you guys got baited into wanting them again for next year

Geez. maybe I need to type slower so you can follow along....

it got us 16 more wins that we could celebrate

while you get the chance to watch your team rebuild AGAIN.

Wouldn't it just be cheaper for Ralph to not try to build a team that can win?

we won't need a DE in the draft, cause TD will snag O-gun from you guys:tongue:

That won't stop TD from drafting one. He didn't need a RB last year either....

the same place it's gotten you--NOWHERE!
but now we will be getting a new HC, who undoubtedly will be better than the last 2 abominations(Manboobs and Bum's son)...and you still have your lousy a$$ head coach for 2 more years:lol:

Oh please there you go again making predictions.. :shakeno:

How do you know that having a GM won't HELP Wanny/ the coaching staff ?

Whether YOU will admit this or not your goats are going to have to start ALL over again as far as installing a new coaching staff...

And Fassel or whoever is fool enough to collect a paycheck from 4 CHOKE drive,, is going to have a mountain of b-s to wade through to fix that pathetic offense that YOU posted would be soooo dominating this past offseason !!!!

So save your wildebeest rhetoric for bfz !!!

:pirate:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom