The Dolphins Have Id’d The Strength Of Their Offense. They Just Don’t Use It Enough | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Have Id’d The Strength Of Their Offense. They Just Don’t Use It Enough

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
621512418.0.jpg

The question we should be asking isn’t why Kenyan Drake didn’t get more carries in 2018.
That only hints at the broader issue, which is this:
Why didn’t every Dolphins running back get more carries in 2018?
The Dolphins are really good when they run.
They average 4.7 yards-per-carry, which is eighth-most in the NFL.
But they have rushed the ball just a shade over 23 per game.
That’s eighth-fewest in the league.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article223618915.html

Hes trying to trick the defense by calling plays that dont work.
In fairness, Gase is pretty good at tricking people.

He tricked an entire organization, and fan base into thinking he was an NFL HC.

Outward appearances would indicate he has still has Ross fooled.

The problem is this: Gase OUTCOACHING himself.
A Gase scenario after a successful rushing attempt: "OK, now they're thinking,that I'm thinking that they think, that they think Im thinking I'll run it again".
I'll show em………."Bubble screen"

The question I seem to always ask is why does he consistently abandon plays that are working as soon as, well, they start working. It seems he keeps trying to be the smartest guy in the room and overthinks everything. You expect me to play to my qbs and offenses strengths, ha, I’ll do the opposite and fool you.

I see John Harbaugh and how he tailored his offense to what Flacco does well and now he’s doing that same thing with Lamar Jackson. He’s coaching to his strengths and telling the opposing team to beat him playing to those strengths.

Gase likes to live his life a quarter mile at a time.....wait wrong person.

Gase likes to live his life a screen pass at a time.

He probably figures screen, run, dump off; it's all relative.

Its a shame no one watches the games. We usually run for about 3 yards on those first two carries, end up in 3rd and long and then Tannehill gets sacked or throws a bad pass and we punt. On occasion we'll have a long run like the 75 yarder by Ballage or the 50+ yarder against the Patriots by Bolden which brings the average up. But outside of Gore, none of these RBs have been consistent.

Its a shame no one watches the games. We usually run for about 3 yards on those first two carries, end up in 3rd and long and then Tannehill gets sacked or throws a bad pass and we punt. On occasion we'll have a long run like the 75 yarder by Ballage or the 50+ yarder against the Patriots by Bolden which brings the average up. But outside of Gore, none of these RBs have been consistent.

Outside of Gore no one was given consistent touches. Hard to judge Drake when he gets like 5 carries a game. Multiple games he barley got a carry.

As much as I love and appreciate what Gore brought to the team, it's an absolute crime that we didn't get him more involved.

Outside of Gore no one was given consistent touches. Hard to judge Drake when he gets like 5 carries a game. Multiple games he barley got a carry.

As much as I love and appreciate what Gore brought to the team, it's an absolute crime that we didn't get him more involved.
I suppose if Drake was better at his job he'd have gotten more carries. He failed to hit the hole, danced around too much looking for the homerun just like Ajayi. Couldn't block a two year old coming on a blitz to save his life either. Only thing he was fairly consistent at was as a receiver out of the backfield.

Right. In the Indy game there was a drive. Run for no gain, run for 10 yards, run for 5 yards, pass incomplete, pass 7 yards, run 1 yard, run 23 yards, pass loss of 3, run 14 yard td.
Next drive was incomplete, incomplete, run, punt.

Gase just doesn’t know what he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom