The Dolphins should attempt to get Trotter!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins should attempt to get Trotter!!!

JackHammer

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I think our LB corps is average at best. As of right now, it looks like Trotter may have to accept a one year minumum deal. The problem is the Dolphins do not make these type of moves. The organization does not want to hurt the feelings of Greenwood. I think Trotter is a huge upgrade over Greenwood and the Dolphins should at least show some interest.

The Jack

Trotter is a MLB so he would not start here. He also doesn't fit our system and he probably wouldn't want to come here since he would be a backup.

Oh boy! A big name I recognize!! We should sign him right now!! Who cares about O-gun or CC or Randy.....Sign Trotter!!! :woot:

You guys are clueless. Seau used to play MLB, Where does he play now? Trotter is a helluva a LB at 27 years old and would be a huge upgrade over Morlon. We need to Win in 2004 so forget about signing Randy and Chambers for now. Thank God you two are not GM. Our LB corp is weak at best.

JackHammer said:
You guys are clueless. Seau used to play MLB, Where does he play now? Trotter is a helluva a LB at 27 years old and would be a huge upgrade over Morlon. We need to Win in 2004 so forget about signing Randy and Chambers for now. Thank God you two are not GM. Our LB corp is weak at best.
:boring: Did you conveniently leave O-Gun out of your "win now" equation?

JackHammer said:

Trotter doesnt seem like he'd fit in our system, plus I've heard he has had chronic knee problems the last few seasons. Also, I doubt he'd sign here to be a backup to ZT, which he most likely would be IMO, because he have problems trying to transition effectively to OLB (and Greenwood is underrated anyways, he cant put up big #s because he has only a limited role behind Zach and JR.). And about putting the Randy and CC extensions on hold.....ARE YOU INSANE???? :jawdrop:

JackHammer said:
I think our LB corps is average at best. As of right now, it looks like Trotter may have to accept a one year minumum deal. The problem is the Dolphins do not make these type of moves. The organization does not want to hurt the feelings of Greenwood. I think Trotter is a huge upgrade over Greenwood and the Dolphins should at least show some interest.

The Jack
So wou think Trotter would accept a cheap contract to backup Zach Thomas?

The draft to training camp is a hard time to be a knowledgeable NFL fan...on ganggreen there are posts talking about signing Zack Bronson, Trotter, and Kurt Warner(before he was signed).

It's "lets get him, I'vew heard of him" syndrome.

morlon is about to be a breakout player i think and we dont need trotter. if zach was 35 id definately consider it and have them split playing time. and as far as the transition from mlb to outside linebacker that seau did, hes a linebacker thats been one of the best in the game for years and can adjust to anything that happens around him, trotter is good and worth a few pro bowls and thats it.

Our SLB is only on the field about 35-40% of the plays. And our scheme calls for a very discipled player. The guy we've got now is extremely disciplined and is doing a good job while making a puny $628K.

You'll be hard pressed to persuade into believing Trotter makes sense. Lets overpay for a "name" who's underachieved, has a reputation for freelancing, and reportedly had attitude problems the last two years. Did Philadelphia know something the Redskins didn't?? Certainly appears so. Meanwhile, we've got Wale, Chambers, and McMichael to take care of.

Funny how you're always alone in your beliefs, yet everyone else is clueless. :tongue:

Trotter doesn't make sense. He's an undisciplined player and if he started for Miami he would have to replace Greenwood at SSLB. In our D, that position is all about discipline. He's just a bad fit even if you discount the knee and attitude questions.

It seems Trotter will have to take a huge paycut. I dont believe in this backup to Zach cant play in our scheme and cant play OLB stuff. How did Robert Jones due in our system making the transition from MLB to OLB. Greenwood could not hold Trotters jock. Trotter may be available for the veteran minimum so there is no affect on future contracts. I want to see CC and Randy perform on a consistent basis before they get paid. Randy's 2 td's are not getting it done. Lets not let our OWN SO CALLED BIG NAME players cloud our judgement. Remember, this team needs more players right? Did we make the playoffs the last two years with these same players? Have Randy and CC stepped it up when it counted and come through for us to make the playoffs? If we had Moulds and Todd Heap I think this team makes the playoffs. You pay Moulds and Heap. You wait on CC and Randy.

JackHammer said:
It seems Trotter will have to take a huge paycut. I dont believe in this backup to Zach cant play in our scheme and cant play OLB stuff. How did Robert Jones due in our system making the transition from MLB to OLB. Greenwood could not hold Trotters jock. Trotter may be available for the veteran minimum so there is no affect on future contracts. I want to see CC and Randy perform on a consistent basis before they get paid. Randy's 2 td's are not getting it done. Lets not let our OWN SO CALLED BIG NAME players cloud our judgement. Remember, this team needs more players right? Did we make the playoffs the last two years with these same players? Have Randy and CC stepped it up when it counted and come through for us to make the playoffs? If we had Moulds and Todd Heap I think this team makes the playoffs. You pay Moulds and Heap. You wait on CC and Randy.

Seau, Thomas, and the youth we have here are fine. The issues on this team that need to be addressed are on the other side of the ball. While McMike and CC have not had 1500 yard breakout superseasons, they are a necessary step forward--losing either for anyone would be a step back.

Besides your want is predicated upon Trotter playing for the league minimum, and, additionally, having to unseat Zach or Junior. Somehow I think his answer is going to be an unequivocated no.

JackHammer said:

good arguments here, if he really would be signing for the league minimum, i would say get him aboard, but this will be unlikely, i think somebody will overpay, what about the vikes or cardinals ???

LB is not a weakness on this team. All FA money needs to go to the o side of the ball first. if some money is left over, then maybe some D talent. But D is the least of this teams worries IMO....

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom