The Dolphins should attempt to get Trotter!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins should attempt to get Trotter!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trotter is not that good. His past production was a product of the aggressive defense that the Eagles run. If he was that good would the redskins of let him go? His knee is shot, he's slow, and he gets pushed around on the interior by lineman, just want the game last year when we played the Skins. Show some intelligence people, our LB core is solid.

Trotter is a fat, run stopping LB too, why would we bolster our run-defense. The only problem I could see with our linebackers is their pass protection, and Trotter would be a liability there. There is no way we would or should get him.

if the phins pick up trotter or attempt to bolster an already powerful defense in some other way, whilst leaving the o-line status quo...i'm running out to foot locker tomorrow and picking up a tom brady jersey :goof: .

please dont take the previous statemment seriously, the very thought gives me chills.

What has Trotter done the last two years?? Underachieve and freelance.

Morlon Greenwood is fast, athletic, and disciplined. And he's coming off his best season. We're just fine at SLB.

Trotter is damn good. He's less of a product of the system than Zach is, & if we wouldn't take such an outragous cap hit by getting rid of his slow aging butt I'd make the switch in a minute. How has Trotter underachieved? His tackle #s have not dipped much(less than .5 tackles a game) since he left Philly. It's amazing he put up the #s he has with a horrible dline in front of him. You guys should know that it takes more than a year for an ACL to completely heal. He tore his at the end of the 02 season so naturally he wouldn't be 100% last year.

Our starters are solid without question. The big question is the depth but lets not be naive to think that Trotter would sign here to be a back up when he can sign to be a starter with contenders like Seattle or Philly or start on the Giants.

JackHammer said:
I think our LB corps is average at best. As of right now, it looks like Trotter may have to accept a one year minumum deal. The problem is the Dolphins do not make these type of moves. The organization does not want to hurt the feelings of Greenwood. I think Trotter is a huge upgrade over Greenwood and the Dolphins should at least show some interest.

The Jack
Yeah bro, I think Greenwood sucks. Trotter would be a good choice but we know that the fins front office wont pay that kind of money for him!

Muck said:
What has Trotter done the last two years?? Underachieve and freelance.

Morlon Greenwood is fast, athletic, and disciplined. And he's coming off his best season. We're just fine at SLB.
Greenwood has not made any impact plays of any sort....

AquaAssasin said:
Greenwood has not made any impact plays of any sort....

7 posts so far, and of them, 7 are trashing the fins.

Anyone else smell a troll?

midwest_phinfan said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trotter is not that good. His past production was a product of the aggressive defense that the Eagles run. If he was that good would the redskins of let him go? His knee is shot, he's slow, and he gets pushed around on the interior by lineman, just want the game last year when we played the Skins. Show some intelligence people, our LB core is solid.
How many sacks has greenwood made and how many Ints has he made? Also he hasnt made a impact play of any sorts. Seau doesnt make too many ints but I've seen him blow up plays at the line of scrimmage many times!!!!!!!!!!

Snickersbps said:
7 posts so far, and of them, 7 are trashing the fins.

Anyone else smell a troll?
hahah, your funny..I love the fins and just dont think greenwood and fiedler is any good..

Far from troll but nice observation though!

AquaAssasin said:
hahah, your funny..I love the fins and just dont think greenwood and fiedler is any good..

Far from troll but nice observation though!

ill believe you for now, as we all bleed aqua and orange here(even clumpy :lol: ) but i'll expect some positive talk eventually

Snickersbps said:
ill believe you for now, as we all bleed aqua and orange here(even clumpy :lol: ) but i'll expect some positive talk eventually
I post all my messages on the miami herald. Ask any of them on the board about AquaAssasin. I love my team and most of my talk is good but im just getting tired of certain players. Mainly the QB situation.

Question? Are you the admin here....

you should see the sunsentinel. I had to stop posting..that site has the most bashing around on any fins site that I know of....

Dude, its seriously depressing...

SMadison29 said:
Trotter is damn good. He's less of a product of the system than Zach is, & if we wouldn't take such an outragous cap hit by getting rid of his slow aging butt I'd make the switch in a minute.

whoa whoa whoa buddy, hold yer horses there. I'd LOVE to hear your support for Zach being a "product of a system". I'm sorry, but he's NOT a product of a system. The "system" don't put him in a position to make big plays, HE leads our defense, studies his *** off, and knows EXACTLY what plays the defense is running. I remember an interview a few years back where Testeverdie was praising the hell out of Zach. He said the player he hated facing the most was Zach. They'd get out of hte huddle, and line up, and Zach would look at their formation, and yell out exactly what play they were running. To a tee he said. That's not a product of a system, that's exceptional knowledge of the game of football.

Muck said:
Our SLB is only on the field about 35-40% of the plays. And our scheme calls for a very discipled player. The guy we've got now is extremely disciplined and is doing a good job while making a puny $628K.

You'll be hard pressed to persuade into believing Trotter makes sense. Lets overpay for a "name" who's underachieved, has a reputation for freelancing, and reportedly had attitude problems the last two years. Did Philadelphia know something the Redskins didn't?? Certainly appears so. Meanwhile, we've got Wale, Chambers, and McMichael to take care of.

Funny how you're always alone in your beliefs, yet everyone else is clueless. :tongue:

What does Trotter freelance? Is he a part-time street pharmacist? haha

Back
Top Bottom