The Dolphins should trade for Griese | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins should trade for Griese

PLUMMER WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE. IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ANY QB IN ARIZONA. THING IS, CAN MD AFFORD HIS CONTRACT?:confused:

if Rosenfels was here for our entire traning camp... lucas would not have started that many games... if Sage was here longer and knew the playbook as well as Lucas he would have been starting by the 3rd game... if not sooner..
The coaching staff did not want to risk putting him in because he did not know enough...
Next year I think we will move sage to #2 and bring in a few cheap qb's that will probably not make the team, and try a draft a good prospect with potential..

iF WE MAKE IT TO TYHE PLAYOFFS AND GET A COUPLE OF WINS and these guys get a tASTE of that, maybe we can come back almost intact and bring in some o-line depth lb depth and depth at safety through the draft and maybe 1 or 2 FA pick ups. I still am not adverse to trading Madison if he is not tainted goods and only if it would be something that would have a return on the trade. I am also ok if we don't trade him and he returns back to all world status.

i would like to see plummer here also... I think he could beat out Fiedler for a starting job... unless he comes real cheap i don't see it happening... I don't see the fins spending big bucks for a qb.
but jake's stock has dropped quite a bit this year... he might choose to come to someone like the fins for less $$ then going somewhere like the bungles... he has seen first hand how tough it is to play on a suck a$$ team.

Plummer would be nice....haven't watched much of him. How good is his play fake?

Originally posted by Sportsguy11
He's better than Fiedler, and he's younger. If you put him in a new setting like Miami, I think he'll be good quarterback. What does everyone think?

We probably should have drafted him, but since we didn't I don't want him. Actually, we would have drafted him if Johnson didn't want to "cut ties from the past." However, Fiedler has played well, why change that? Griese is not as good in the lockerroom as Fiedler is, is not a leader at all, and loves to get drunk.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Rosenfels can't be our future...he isn't that good,

How do you know? Did you go to all the open practices and see him 1st hand?? If you did I don't rember you posting about them. And all that I have read about him has been good, and no I don't have links.

As for BG, I don't think the Broncos can afford to trade or cut him. On ESPN John Clayton said they would take a 9+ mil. cap hit next year if they let him go, and I am not sure what that would translate into if he were traded.

IMHO Jay will be here for anouther 3 -5 years with restructering of his contract. Even without doing that he still is not that expensive for a good starting QB. He is no Marino or Elway, I think that is one thing everyone can agree about, But I think with the way he has improved each year he will come close to being more like Gannon, and I think we all could be very happy with that.

Ducken, the Donky's can ease that hit if they wait untill after June 1st to drop Greise... personnally, I think he's out of Denver next year.

The way Clayton was talking that was after June 1st. Not 100% possitive though.

i read on espn that it was 9mil before june first and 6.5 mil or so after june first. either way, they are way over the cap and will not find a noticably better qb out in the free agent market. especially someone with a low cap number.

secondly, miami would have to be the last team that he would want to play for. griese sounds like a good guy, but i think he would want to be free of the baggage that he would find here.

i would bet that they give him another year to get his crap together. he's shown potential. he had a 24 td season with 4 ints. that's what i call potential. but, something must have happenned since then.

as far as the dolphins go, i've seen guys on other sites who think getting griese is a dream come true. they say wannstedt doesn't have the guts to make this team better. who does have the guts to cut or trade a winning qb who makes less money for a qb who just got benched for a must win game. and in his place is a 16 year journeyman.

ps. i think i figured out what is up dolphin digest MB. I just read a post where a guy was saying that only a jew would want fiedler on his team. I could see it now. fiedler is part of a great jewish conspiracy to put a "jewish" jersey on the back of every christian kid in south florida. I hate to tell him that Sage is half jewish. He might start crying. holy crap. our qbs consist of two jews and a black guy. maybe it is a conspiracy.

i haven't seen a whole lot of his play.....

but i have heard rosenfels has a better than average arm, but he's smart. he could be a good backup, i just don't want to see lucas behind OUR center, opposing teams, yes! but not ours!:rolleyes:

just draft chris simms in the 2nd round of the draft and HOPE beyond all hope that he figures out how to beat the "oklahoma's" and not just the "baylor's" and "kansas' " of the world....

Originally posted by JAKE91
PLUMMER WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE. IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ANY QB IN ARIZONA. THING IS, CAN MD AFFORD HIS CONTRACT?:confused:

:lol: Are you serious? If you think Fiedler is bad, you should watch Plummer. Next to Plummer, Fiedler looks like Marino. Plummer does nothing but makes mistakes and lose. BTW, Jay is a good QB and will continue to be our QB.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
I heard Kordell Stewart might come down here though....he would fit the scheme well, he reminds me of Fiedler, except he is faster. Last year Mandich compared Kordell to Jay and said they are very similar. Kordell would be a good backup.

Slash wants to start... he will not come here as a backup...

Back
Top Bottom