The Dolphins should trade for Griese | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins should trade for Griese

I'm constantly baffled by the fact that everyone around here wants to dump Fiedler- a guy who's only won about 75% of the games he's played in- for every Joe Schmoe who will likely be dumped by their current teams. In this thread I've seen the names of Plummer and Griese prominently thrown about and I can tell you, without a doubt, that Fiedler is a better QB than both.

I've watched Griese play quite a bit and he has the exact same problem that Ray Lucas has, no mental toughness!! The guy has all the tools but when things get down, so does he and he can't pick himself up. Fiedler on the other hand is the epitome of mental toughness as he'll go out with the same fire and determination on every single snap regardless of what just happened on the play or series before.

As for Plummer, the guy isn't a has been, he's a never was. First off, the guy has happy feet and has a very difficult time throwing accurately on the move these days even though that's supposed to be his forte', and secondly he's been beat up more than any other QB in the league at this point. The guy studies the grass more closely and more often that Tiger Woods.

Let's make this abundantly clear, Fiedler IS the quarterback of the future for this franchise. He's only 30 years old, he's been sacked less than any other QB with the same number of snaps, and he wins- period! Why not stop all the speculation and pining for another QB and get behind the one we have right now. Fiedler is the franchise QB of the 'Fins, and he will remain so until either his skills diminish to the point of no return, or he gets seriously injured and replaced by someone off the bench, otherwise, he's here for at least the next several years so get used to it Dolfans! DEAL!!

Originally posted by Expo88
I'm constantly baffled by the fact that everyone around here wants to dump Fiedler- a guy who's only won about 75% of the games he's played in- for every Joe Schmoe who will likely be dumped by their current teams. In this thread I've seen the names of Plummer and Griese prominently thrown about and I can tell you, without a doubt, that Fiedler is a better QB than both.

I've watched Griese play quite a bit and he has the exact same problem that Ray Lucas has, no mental toughness!! The guy has all the tools but when things get down, so does he and he can't pick himself up. Fiedler on the other hand is the epitome of mental toughness as he'll go out with the same fire and determination on every single snap regardless of what just happened on the play or series before.

As for Plummer, the guy isn't a has been, he's a never was. First off, the guy has happy feet and has a very difficult time throwing accurately on the move these days even though that's supposed to be his forte', and secondly he's been beat up more than any other QB in the league at this point. The guy studies the grass more closely and more often that Tiger Woods.

Let's make this abundantly clear, Fiedler IS the quarterback of the future for this franchise. He's only 30 years old, he's been sacked less than any other QB with the same number of snaps, and he wins- period! Why not stop all the speculation and pining for another QB and get behind the one we have right now. Fiedler is the franchise QB of the 'Fins, and he will remain so until either his skills diminish to the point of no return, or he gets seriously injured and replaced by someone off the bench, otherwise, he's here for at least the next several years so get used to it Dolfans! DEAL!!
i never called for fiedlers head, i think he should be the #1 QB. i was more interested who would be his back up!;)

Yeah I'd like to see a backup that is familiar with Norv's system and won't stumble on his feet.

But I like Jake Plummer. If his market turns out to only be considered as a backup, fvck man I'd take him.

plus we got a smart qb who knows the offence and is better then everyone thinks i dont think we should go afeter a qb at all maybe one in the draft if theres a steal and put him under feidlers wing

Originally posted by t2thejz
plus we got a smart qb who knows the offence and is better then everyone thinks i dont think we should go afeter a qb at all maybe one in the draft if theres a steal and put him under feidlers wing
look at it as getting a backup, anybody would be better than mucus!:rolleyes:

Re: No Griese....

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Not only do we not need him, but I also doubt that he would want to play here regardless....

I've even read articles from Brian Griese himself where he has been quoted saying that he hates the Miami Dolphins...

Growing up being the son of former QB Bob Griese, he learned to dislike the Dolphins, and I doubt he would ever even consider coming here.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Because his dad played for the Dolphins he hates them?!?!
Uhhh, OK. Most kids would hate the team his dad played for and won 2 super bowls with. I mean obviously you'd hate that team.
Blitz.... are you blitzed right now?

Wannstedt knows his approval rating right now is in the toilet. I could see him bringing in Griese just for the PR. Not that Son of Bob would succeed here, but he is probably the one player that could be available that would win Wannstedt the most brownie points with the fans.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma

I could see it now. fiedler is part of a great jewish conspiracy to put a "jewish" jersey on the back of every christian kid in south florida. I hate to tell him that Sage is half jewish. He might start crying. holy crap. our qbs consist of two jews and a black guy. maybe it is a conspiracy.

Oh brother.... here we go again.....
Is someone going to post the Jewish athlete hall of fame link for us again? No one here says anything about the backgrounds, religions or race of the Fins players. None of us care except for a few guys who keep bringing up that they think that we for some reason have a problem with their backgrounds or religions! It's like a couple of you guys are trying to instigate some discriminatory overtones here when there aren't any......Why????

I think you better go back and read Joe's whole post and not just the little blurb that you took out of context.......maybe you are talking about the fact that he brought it up at all, but if you read the whole post he AGREES with you.

This is all total BS as there is absolutely no way that Griese ever goes to Miami! He's proven that he can't handle the Elway replacement/comparison and the pressure that goes along with that, how in the heck to any of you think he'd handle going to a place where his dad became a HOF'er??? Like I said before, while I think Griese can be an excellent QB, I believe he'd have just about a zero percent chance of doing so in Miami- too much pressure all the time.

Griese

2000-Pro Bowl selection, QB Rating of 102.9 best in the NFL. Set franchise record for completion % (better than Elway) 64.3% and his TD to interception ratio was the second best ion NFL history.

2001-Griese started 15 games, completing 275 of 451 passes (61%) for 2,827 yds. and a career-best 23 touchdowns with 19 interceptions. He also posted career highs for rushing attempts (50) and yards (173) and scored one rushing touchdown. Griese’s 23 touchdown passes were the sixth-most ever thrown in a single season by a Bronco and ranked third in the AFC (8th NFL) in 2001. He also ranked sixth in completion percentage; seventh in completions; eighth in passer rating (78.5) and ninth in pass attempts. Griese was 9-9 on 3rd-and-1 rushing opportunities, to tie for the NFL lead, and finished the season having thrown a touchdown pass in each of his past 15 games (missed one game due to injury), the longest current streak in the NFL.

2002-Griese-voted offensive captain for the second half of the season, joining Rod Smith-started 13 of 16 games and completed 291 of 436 passes (franchise-record 66.7%) for 3,214 yds. and 15 touchdowns, with 15 interceptions, for a passer rating of 85.6 (8th AFC/T11th NFL). He ranked third in the NFL in completion percentage, fifth in the AFC (6th NFL) in average gain, eighth in completions and eighth in yards.

Jay has never been in the top 10, never made a PRo Bowl and never had a "great season". Griese has the talent. Jay does not.

Re: Re: No Griese....

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Because his dad played for the Dolphins he hates them?!?!
Uhhh, OK. Most kids would hate the team his dad played for and won 2 super bowls with. I mean obviously you'd hate that team.
Blitz.... are you blitzed right now?

Blitz is wrong. He doesn't hate the Dolphins at all. Before the Denver/Miami game last year, he said he loved the Dolphins as a kid. If Griese was released, we would have an excellent shot at signing him.

If and when Griese gets cut, the Dolphins should try to sign him if he settles for less money than what he makes now. It wouldn't be a bad idea to sign him to a 2-3 year contract to either push Fiedler for the job or be the backup. I think he would love to come to Miami, and he has more talent than Fiedler. Problem is, would he perform up to par? Would be interesting if he comes here.

Back
Top Bottom