The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency

I bet Grier gave him a reality check when he visited with the Dolphins. Thats why he left without a contract.

I would rather spend the money on Calais Campbell, Simmons or Diggs at Safety, an interior OL maybe we bring Williams back on the cheap, hopefully he can be ready to play towards the middle of the season, when the inevitable injuries kick in.

I wish we had drafted Brenden Rice but we might still be able to sign DJ Chark.
I’ve been wanting Justin Simmons since he was coming out of college, I’d take him over Odell in a heartbeat.

I’d give 2/20-22 June 1st

I bet Grier gave him a reality check when he visited with the Dolphins. Thats why he left without a contract.

I would rather spend the money on Calais Campbell, Simmons or Diggs at Safety, an interior OL maybe we bring Williams back on the cheap, hopefully he can be ready to play towards the middle of the season, when the inevitable injuries kick in.

I wish we had drafted Brenden Rice but we might still be able to sign DJ Chark.
It sounds like you’re looking for some size at receiver ?

Hes injured all the time, hes gotten slower, year over year.

If you want another wideout I can understand that. But I don't understand why it's Odell.

Hes gonna want alot of money to sit on the bench. Hes gonna get hurt if he does see the field and he's old. He offers you nothing in the future.

Other much better FA options.

Hunter Renfrow
Tyler Boyd
Dj Chark

All these guy make more sense than Odell, they are younger, faster and might be around longer than a year.
He played in 16 of 19 games last season. It was his highest yards per catch of his career. Sure the total catches and yardage were way down but that was to be expected since he was used in a reserve role.
It could come down to money, and whether or not Miami signs him, I'm fine with it. If we do, apparently McDaniel wants him, and that is good enough for me. He knows what he needs better than I do.

I’d like to believe this is true, and I love Malik Washington. But I think this is a fairly complicated offense and a rookie might not be able to have immediate success. OBJ would not be behind Berrios on this planet. Maybe in some alternate universe.
Malik is likely the most intelligent rookie on the roster. Just listen to him talking. Look at his academic accomplishments and consider how quickly he adapted to the Virginia offense coming from the Northwestern offense.

He played in 16 of 19 games last season. It was his highest yards per catch of his career. Sure the total catches and yardage were way down but that was to be expected since he was used in a reserve role.
It could come down to money, and whether or not Miami signs him, I'm fine with it. If we do, apparently McDaniel wants him, and that is good enough for me. He knows what he needs better than I do.
LOL. Wrote that last night and then look what happened the next morning.

View attachment 169908

Sounds great, I just have one question, Where are you gonna get a time machine to go back to 2019 and get the vesron of Odell you guys think still exists?
For $3 mill, nobody is expecting the 2019 version. $3 mill is still a bargain for the 2023 version who was top 10 in efficiency and a reliable 3rd down option.

You can hope Malik (or others) can fill the need (and I'm as high on Malik as anyone), but he's still a rookie coming into a very complex offense.

For $3 mill, nobody is expecting the 2019 version. $3 mill is still a bargain for the 2023 version who was top 10 in efficiency and a reliable 3rd down option.

You can hope Malik (or others) can fill the need (and I'm as high on Malik as anyone), but he's still a rookie coming into a very complex offense.
For 3 million, I'm all for signing OBJ! I just didn't want to be on the hook for 7 or 8. Now if he makes that money, he will have earned it.

The contract he signed made this a no Brainer.

Last edited:
Since we got such a great deal on OBJ, I wonder with the 17 million from X on 6-1, if we could sign Simmons (10 Million) Van Rooten(2 Million), and all the rookies(5 million)? This would sure help in resigning Tua, and then we may do some additional cuts to free up some more money to carry over to next year.

Since we got such a great deal on OBJ, I wonder with the 17 million from X on 6-1, if we could sign Simmons (10 Million) Van Rooten(2 Million), and all the rookies(5 million)? This would sure help in resigning Tua, and then we may do some additional cuts to free up some more money to carry over to next year.

Signing Tua doesn't need additional cap.

Unless they front load it, a Tua extension would most likely increase cap space

Back
Top Bottom