The Eich Factor | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Eich Factor

Great post. Don't know if Eichenberg will get better and be a solid starting guard or not. But have to give him a lot of credit for moving around and helping out wherever he's needed.
This is such a funny thing to say.

You give him credit for literally doing the bare minimum to not get fired?

It’s not like he’s helping his friends do their chores. He is getting paid to listen to directions and the directions keep changing cause the team isn’t sure what he’s good enough at to keep paying him.

Are we all hoping he gets better - obviously - and it’s more common to see OL develop later in their careers then probably any other position… it’s just history tells us with this guy, it’s unlikely… but not impossible.

It’s not like he’s helping his friends do their chores. He is getting paid to listen to directions and the directions keep changing cause the team isn’t sure what he’s good enough at to keep paying him.

Are we all hoping he gets better - obviously - and it’s more common to see OL develop later in their careers then probably any other position… it’s just history tells us with this guy, it’s unlikely… but not impossible.
Well, he has moved around a lot which is especially hard on young players who are trying to establish themselves.

Fans were down on Jackson and he had a similar start to his career. So, you never know.

Personally, I would have drafted a guard. Probably fairly high too.

What y'all don't know is Eich is paying half Risners future salary with us to help take some of the heat off him.

Many years working in PR taught me this. When bad news breaks, buy time until some different bad news breaks and takes the eyeballs off if you.

Agreed. I think many will be eating crow about Eich.

I'd love to be wrong about Eich. I've been hoping he'd get better over the last couple of years. I just don't see it happening.

Well, he has moved around a lot which is especially hard on young players who are trying to establish themselves.

Fans were down on Jackson and he had a similar start to his career. So, you never know.

Same about guard… and yeah but Ajax was a totally different situation - high talent / Athleticism but young, raw, and had a crazy last year w surgery prior to coming out… Eich was supposed to be a finished, older, technician… just two totally different projections/arcs coming in.

Anyways, here’s hoping!

I see this quite a bit, it's an interesting narrative comparing the two. Jackson played in 3 games of 2022, but for all we know without the injury could have broken out that year. He also hasn't played as poorly as Eich consistently. Hell Jacksons worst year is still better than any of Eichs.

Jackson:
Screenshot_20240501-084822.png

Eich:
Screenshot_20240501-084848.png

I have to favor Jack Driscoll to start. His work at OG for the Eagles in 2021 was significantly better than anything Eichenberger has done.

Year one we can throw away because it was a horrible offense.

Even though he had different OL coaches he played in the same offense with the same blocking scheme the past two seasons. And by all accounts Barry did a fine job with all the injuries. However, Eich did not really improve.

I am rooting for Driscoll to start. As I think he’s a better player at OG. I’d love to see the level he put up with the Eagles at OG. And hopefully solidify the RG spot.

I have to favor Jack Driscoll to start. His work at OG for the Eagles in 2021 was significantly better than anything Eichenberger has done.

Year one we can throw away because it was a horrible offense.

Even though he had different OL coaches he played in the same offense with the same blocking scheme the past two seasons. And by all accounts Barry did a fine job with all the injuries. However, Eich did not really improve.

I am rooting for Driscoll to start. As I think he’s a better player at OG. I’d love to see the level he put up with the Eagles at OG. And hopefully solidify the RG spot.
Other poster(s) have provided statistical substantiation that Eich was just fine at RG in the 2 games he played there. That should be his job to lose. Driscoll is a nice depth add having experience at G and T (albeit much better at G). In any event i am sure the best group of 5 will start and depth behind them will be much improved this season.

What y'all don't know is Eich is paying half Risners future salary with us to help take some of the heat off him.

Many years working in PR taught me this. When bad news breaks, buy time until some different bad news breaks and takes the eyeballs off if you.

Distract, deflect, distance.

for those who want Eich cut, who'd be the backup center if he does?.....need to have an option there. he said before that RG is his best position and at this point I think he's the starting RG unless he gets beaten by someone in camp but even if that happens, it's hard to find a guy that can play anywhere along the line......last year he was on a walking boot after games and yet he'd play the next game which is more we can say for some of the other players we had.

We signed two interior OL UDFAs and one hopes they can be better than what Eich brought last year at C. If Eich is the C due to injury we are in trouble. One started multiple seasons at C at UTEP. The other, Matthew Jones, was a good player for Ohio St. and played his last entire game at C for them and performed well.

If they flash in the preseason, Miami could save $3.4 million if they cut Eich.

If that's your justification of bare minimum, you will no doubt be happy to know he did much more than that. - LOL

Scenario:
1. You are an apprentice brick layer in the construction industry. After your apprenticeship ends you are hired part time by a construction company with a new Foreman. Your first building season isnt easy with limited action, but you are "paying your dues getting experience.

2. The next season you have a new Foreman who asks you to do concrete work. Its new to you but you happily agree. Its not easy and you make some mistakes but you learn and by seasons end realize your work is pretty good for a novice.

3. The next season, yet another new Foreman, allows you to continue as a concrete worker. Then suddenly, the framer next to you gets hurt and you are asked to be the Framing expert for the entire project. You have no experience framing, but you accept this and try your best. Learning as you go.

This has been Eich's experience as a Dolphin! I realize that Eich has become the latest polarizing lightening rod of opinions on FH, but I don't think he deserves the **** that many toss at him given the circumstances. And I do think he can be a quality G if given some stability.

Respectfully disagree with that comparison. I think this version is more accurate :chuckle:

1. You're an apprentice brick layer in the construction industry. After your apprenticeship ends you are hired part time full time by a construction company with a new Foreman. Your first building season isn't easy with limited action 17 big jobs, 16 of which you worked in full, but you are "paying your dues getting experience.

2. The next season you have a new Foreman who asks you to do concrete work structural brick work. Its new to you but you happily have to agree because there is only 1,696 brick worker jobs in the world. Its not easy and you make some a ton of mistakes but you learn and by seasons end realize your work is pretty good absolutely atrocious for a novice an experienced brick worker who now has 4 years of apprenticeship and two full years on the job.

3.The next season, yet another new Foreman, allows you to continue as a concrete structural brick worker. Then suddenly, the framer Foreman next to you gets hurt and you are asked to be the Framing expert for the entire project. hires a better structural brick worker. He says he's going to move you into structural tile work, You have no experience framing with structural tile, but you accept this and try your best, because the basic fundamentals are the same while the techniques vary. Learning as you go.

I've stated it before, Eichenberg main issues have been a lack of strength, with no ability to anchor down. He ends up on his ass far too often. I don't need or want to see him rolled up on the legs of Armstead (again), Jackson or Tua.

I want him to prove me wrong, but going into year 4 @ 26 years old it's hard to see it happening. He has yet to fix his biggest weaknesses and imo that has nothing to do with position change. He needs to be drastically stronger to stand any chance of turning his career around.

If he walks through the door looking and carrying himself like Jackson did last year I'd happily reconsider my outlook on him. We'll see what Eich looks like when August rolls around. I posted this last August:
IMO Eichenberg is on borrowed time. He won't win the battle out of camp, and will slot into a backup role. I can't handle another season watching our starting LG be turned into humpty dumpty by the DL. :NUTS:

Austin Jackson wins the RT job. If he can stay healthy I believe he will have a good year. He showed up to camp in shape, ready to compete, and saying all the right things.

Back
Top Bottom