The Eye-opening Dolphins Data About Adam Gase And Third Downs And What Must Change Read More Here: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Eye-opening Dolphins Data About Adam Gase And Third Downs And What Must Change Read More Here:

I completely agree with that.
In all honesty, I think Gase has hurt Tannehills ability to "reach his ceiling", so to speak.
I know what I would have Tannehill doing on a regular basis to put pressure on a defense, but our GURU hasn't figured it out yet.
Get Tannehill moving with designed roll-outs, bootlegs, etc. make it part of his game, and get him under center more.
It will be interesting if they go there separate ways this off season who has success first.

Gase may have a lot of coaching experience but some of the best coaches in the NFL played the game.

Gase As coach:
  • LSU (2000)
    Graduate assistant
  • LSU (2001–2002)
    Recruiting assistant
  • Detroit Lions (2003–2007)
    - Scouting assistant (2003–2004)
    - Offensive assistant (2005–2006)
    - Quarterbacks coach (2007)
  • San Francisco 49ers (2008)
    Offensive assistant
  • Denver Broncos (2009–2014)
    - Wide receivers coach (2009–2010)
    - Quarterbacks coach (2011–2012)
    - Offensive coordinator (2013–2014)
  • Chicago Bears (2015)
    Offensive coordinator
  • Miami Dolphins (2016–present)
    Head coach

Gase may have a lot of coaching experience but some of the best coaches in the NFL played the game.

Gase As coach:
  • LSU (2000)
    Graduate assistant
  • LSU (2001–2002)
    Recruiting assistant
  • Detroit Lions (2003–2007)
    - Scouting assistant (2003–2004)
    - Offensive assistant (2005–2006)
    - Quarterbacks coach (2007)
  • San Francisco 49ers (2008)
    Offensive assistant
  • Denver Broncos (2009–2014)
    - Wide receivers coach (2009–2010)
    - Quarterbacks coach (2011–2012)
    - Offensive coordinator (2013–2014)
  • Chicago Bears (2015)
    Offensive coordinator
  • Miami Dolphins (2016–present)
    Head coach
Was his promotion too soon? Would he have been better served to have more time as a OC first?

That's one thing that gets me pi$$ed.
How can you coach a team when you have hardly ANY interactions with the players.
It's like he's in his own little world somewhere, and there's a football game going on around him, and he's oblivious too it.
This is a true statement imo..It really is the same way in practices..completely hands off, no teaching on the field, now that was four practices in camp that I saw, but that’s all I have to go on, along with how he looks completely focused on just play calling during the game..

Peyton Manning made Adam Gase a very rich man.

Ironically enough, it blows my mind Gase is so beholden to Ryan Tannehill when premier talent at the position got him his job today.

I love when one of the poindexter stat nerds runs twenty years of stats and basically confirms what Joe Sunday football watcher has been saying all along based on his impression from watching the games. Tannehill has always been ok, never was going to take it to another level. The Dolphins are soft, undisciplined, poor tacklers, inconsistent, can’t score, injury riddled, even the famed conditioning from practicing in the heat hasn’t really been the same since the bubble was built. The franchise is too laid back and has been infected with south Floridaitis of privilege and living for after hours. The work ethic here is non-existent. I’d clean house including that do-nothing Marino. Nice PR thing but what is he really doing that makes this team better? Enough feel good hires I want people who work hard in every phase of the organization so that it filters down to the last man on the roster. This whole organization needs a boot camp. Or maybe just the boot.

Was his promotion too soon? Would he have been better served to have more time as a OC first?

Yes too soon, I think his ceiling should be offensive coordinator. And I question some of his offensive play calling.

IMO he doesn't fit my vision of a head coach. He may be better suited for college.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom