The "Fish" Who Got Away | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "Fish" Who Got Away

Problem with FA is that, well, FA at the WR pos. wasn't very good. Hell pretty bad actually.

And you can't draft a player and call the position cured either.

There was some talent there but, considering age, contract, etc, the only two I saw worth "this team" getting were Manningham and Lloyd (who was set on going to the Pats).

What about the other decisions?

I wanted Winston, a debatable choice with Martin. I wanted Anderson- my mistake so far. I DID NOT want Flynn- one point for the "Blind Squirrel. LOL

I would have made WR a #1 priority in the draft and in FA. I wouldn't blatantly ignore the position, especially if I knew there was a chance my rookie QB was starting. I would have drafted Stephen Hill in the 2nd round instead of Martin, and I would have signed Manningham. I might have also did more at WR in the draft. I would not trade Marshall away (although I didn't mind the trade at the time) either. All of a sudden, that looks like a pretty good WR core for Tannehill. I believe play makers win games. Our only play maker is Reggie Bush, and he has a past of injuries. I think having a better WR core would have made a big difference in our last 3 games. Teams can easily stack the box on us. Imagine if we had play makers at WR with this running game? It would be a deadly offense assuming they would let Tannehill throw it more. I would also not trade Vontae away a week before the season starts; this secondary has been roasted every week.

Vontae showing up fat and out shape cost him his job here. Nothing more unprofessional than showing up w/ a new boss, unable to perform at a high level. And it seems so far, that Philbin was right. As Vontae has been less than avg in INDY.

As for drafting Stephen Hill over Martin. What then do you do with the hole at RT, with a rookie QB? And then Marshall. Do you people not understand that his personality is something that wouldn't mesh with Philbin? Or how about him destroying Tannehill's growth, by being in his ear and wearing him down? Or the fact...his route's are terrible. He freelances alot. Has that not been apparent so far in CHI?

As for Manningham...what makes you think he would sign here, as opposed to SF? You would throw an extra 5million at him?

Too many Candy Land people here.

the point is there were free agents that could have helped us

At this point, in hindsight, Manningham is the one I regret not getting. Naanee and others were cheap tryouts, and I have no problem with them, other than Naanee still being here taking up Matthews time.

...... Imagine if we had play makers at WR with this running game? It would be a deadly offense assuming they would let Tannehill throw it more. .....

Ah, but if we had playmakers at WR, would we still have this running game? You can't have it all - you gave up Martin for a WR, so who's playing right tackle, Colombo? To fill that gap, maybe you don't get Lamar Miller. You signed Manningham, using up free agent money, so who's deal didn't get done because of that, or what's our cap space looking like because of it?

I'm not saying you're wrong to have wanted to use resources on playmakers, but you just have to acknowledge that by using those resources, you wouldn't have the things they were used for originally. Every move has a ripple effect.

Ah, but if we had playmakers at WR, would we still have this running game? You can't have it all - you gave up Martin for a WR, so who's playing right tackle, Colombo? To fill that gap, maybe you don't get Lamar Miller. You signed Manningham, using up free agent money, so who's deal didn't get done because of that, or what's our cap space looking like because of it?

I'm not saying you're wrong to have wanted to use resources on playmakers, but you just have to acknowledge that by using those resources, you wouldn't have the things they were used for originally. Every move has a ripple effect.

Too much logic in that last sentence.

Vontae showing up fat and out shape cost him his job here. Nothing more unprofessional than showing up w/ a new boss, unable to perform at a high level. And it seems so far, that Philbin was right. As Vontae has been less than avg in INDY.

As for drafting Stephen Hill over Martin. What then do you do with the hole at RT, with a rookie QB? And then Marshall. Do you people not understand that his personality is something that wouldn't mesh with Philbin? Or how about him destroying Tannehill's growth, by being in his ear and wearing him down? Or the fact...his route's are terrible. He freelances alot. Has that not been apparent so far in CHI?

As for Manningham...what makes you think he would sign here, as opposed to SF? You would throw an extra 5million at him?

Too many Candy Land people here.

A legit option was to sign Cane Eric Winston (who really wanted to be here) to free up the 2nd round pick but, very debatable. Poster never said Manningham would not sign here, just that he wanted him to. I do agree on Marshall, not sure on VD, which is what Philbin said on Hard Knocks.

FWIW, I always liked candy much more than lemons. :)

A legit option was to sign Cane Eric Winston (who really wanted to be here) to free up the 2nd round pick but, very debatable. Poster never said Manningham would not sign here, just that he wanted him to. I do agree on Marshall, not sure on VD, which is what Philbin said on Hard Knocks.

FWIW, I always liked candy much more than lemons. :)

If we signed winston we wouldn't have a 23 yr old potential futre pro bowler at RT (which I know doesn't matter because apparently the Dolphins suck because we have over invested in oline LOLOLOLHAHAHBAHAHA) also we don't resign either, Long, Bush, Starks, Smith, Hartline , Fasano, Clemons (if he even gets a new deal), jusk saying.

No reason to bring cap space into the discussion, as it did not matter at all, and no signings were affected by it in any way, shape or form. We have $50-60M in cap space next year, and players could care less which year their guaranteed money is paid. They trust the NFL will be good for it. LOL

Remember, we were very hot and heavy after Peyton. Think Manningham was even worth a blink?

But if you go by the Gonzo's logic than we should have drafted da PLAYAKAAAAA (ari wr forgot his name) in the first and PLAYMAKKAAAA Alshon Jeffry in the second because that's so SMRT (whatever the **** that means) and it's how u win in this league, LOLOLOL. Yea **** ya'll, gimme dat ban again LOLOLOL.

If we signed winston we wouldn't have a 23 yr old potential futre pro bowler at RT (which I know doesn't matter because apparently the Dolphins suck because we have over invested in oline LOLOLOLHAHAHBAHAHA) also we don't resign either, Long, Bush, Starks, Smith, Hartline , Fasano, Clemons (if he even gets a new deal), jusk saying.

Your "just saying" makes no sense, as one was not connected with the other. We can still re-sign all of the above with a bunch of money left over to sign a high priced FA or two. Just saying. :)

Your "just saying" makes no sense, as one was not connected with the other. We can still re-sign all of the above with a bunch of money left over to sign a high priced FA or two. Just saying. :)

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Ur logic is inferior. The new cap allows u to "roll over" the cap from the previous year. So how (logically speaking BAHAHAHA) is signing Eric Winton not connected to the cap space we have going into the 2013 offseason? really? And oh by the way that's ignoring the fact that Martin has the athleticism and age to play LEFT TACKLE inthe league for a long time evewn though hopefully he never will have 2 with us. BAHAHA, i win, again.

But if you go by the Gonzo's logic than we should have drafted da PLAYAKAAAAA (ari wr forgot his name) in the first and PLAYMAKKAAAA Alshon Jeffry in the second because that's so SMRT (whatever the **** that means) and it's how u win in this league, LOLOLOL. Yea **** ya'll, gimme dat ban again LOLOLOL.

Sounds like a GREAT HAPPY HOUR!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom