The Great Debate- Draft an OL or a RB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Debate- Draft an OL or a RB

Originally posted by bigbry

All true, but thats why there are college coaches and pro coaches. They will solve the fumble problem. I guy like Foster was trying so hard to impress that he often left the football where he should'nt. Now lets get Harrington AND Foster on the Dolphins;)

BB

How the heck could we get both Foster and Harrington? We could work on fixing the run game in this year's draft, and next year draft a young college QB in the 1st(Leftwich, E. Manning, etc.)

I'm worried that Duckett = Ron Dayne. Also, I think it's unfair to judge Fonoti on former NU linemen. Being from Nebraska, I know that a lot of lineman have enjoyed NFL success if you want to make that comparison. Fonoti is mean and nasty and would make a good 1st round pick. I predict he will not fall to #25. Foster is the most complete back and he would be a gift at #25. As long as they address both areas via the draft and FA then I don't care what position we take (RB or O-line), as long as it's a good player!

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I'm worried that Duckett = Ron Dayne. Also, I think it's unfair to judge Fonoti on former NU linemen. Being from Nebraska, I know that a lot of lineman have enjoyed NFL success if you want to make that comparison. Fonoti is mean and nasty and would make a good 1st round pick. I predict he will not fall to #25. Foster is the most complete back and he would be a gift at #25. As long as they address both areas via the draft and FA then I don't care what position we take (RB or O-line), as long as it's a good player!

Duckett has a lot more speed then Dayne but they are both power backs. Duckett also doesn't have the line that Dayne had at Wisconsin.

Originally posted by booyeah_

How the heck could we get both Foster and Harrington?

Well ,obviously this is "fantasy" at this point in the thread. But it could happen.
Here goes; trade our #1 and a 2nd (next year). There is Harrington.... Now Foster, in IMO will fall bigtime to the 2nd. Okay ,so how do we grab a 2nd that we do not own now? Easy(fantasy)Trade up! give two thirds. we will have plenty of 3rds.
Okay ,how do we solve the OL problems? Our OL is not as bad as many think. Get-um healthy and we are not as bad as advertised.
However , FA, could bring OL help in plenty.
U asked I answered;)

BB

Re: might as well!

Originally posted by dolfan06
seems like most of our #1"s have been busts anyway!:D

We haven't taken great backs in the 2nd lately either.(JJJ)

But why should we not take a chance on a player this year, b/c of previous busts?

Gurode would be a nice pick.

Re: Re: might as well!

Originally posted by booyeah_

We haven't taken great backs in the 2nd lately either.(JJJ)

But why should we not take a chance on a player this year, b/c of previous busts?

Gurode would be a nice pick.
i'm just saying, instead of using our picks on unknowns, trade for proved veterans!:confused:

Re: Re: Re: might as well!

Originally posted by dolfan06
i'm just saying, instead of using our picks on unknowns, trade for proved veterans!:confused:
there is, however, a big problem with that called "The Cap". Rooks make a lot less than vets are in a different pool. Though don't ask me to explain how the rookie pool fits in under the cap ;) :o

On trading draft picks for vets.

I can see where you are coming from but i hate the idea (no hard feelings). I love the draft because its so risky. Plus vets retire sooner than rookies.

actually..............

what ever runningback we get, will not have a good season if they don't do something about that swiss cheese O-line!:p

I still think we should trade out of the first, unless there is some really tasty pick sitting there

Back
Top Bottom