The Great Debate- Draft an OL or a RB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Debate- Draft an OL or a RB

it may or may not................

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
I think that is a good thing cause now the dolphins front office HAS to get new running backs.
if time gets short they might just grab whoever is a vailable.:D :(

Re: who ever he ends up with..........

Originally posted by dolfan06
isn't a little strange to tell a guy to test the market without having another back lined up!:(
there are lots of backs that are UFA and a few good ones in the draft Tshimanga Biakabutuka is now even available Not that there are any great ones out there that have proven to be better than Lamar, but I just think they feel they cannot give a big contract after his 2001 season.

What's really strange is that JJJ is still on this team - maybe we do have "another back lined up" :rolleyes:

and...

after we sign a RB, we can draft on the line and hopefully get OG Andre Gurode this guys is exactly what we need to make our weak interior line stronger and we just cut Irwin and may not get Dixon back so we're hurting there...

i can play runningback!

you'd be surprised how fast i can move when it looks like a 300lb lineman is gonna nail my ass!:D :p

Something tells me that if we dont trade for Williams, and there are no 1st round worthy offensive lineman or running backs,Dave Wannstedt will select somebody nobody expects us to take.

I recall Dave Wannstedt saying that if there opportunity to improve the team, he will take it. I believe him. He'll make moves both good and bad that you wouldn't expect him to do. I like that philosophy of taking the best prospect available(unless if its a CB, we have enough CBs)

Thats why I wouldn't be suprised if we take someone like Edward Reed, Larry Tripplett, Jabar Gaffney, or Jeremy Shockey. That is IF there is no trade for Williams, and there are no 1st round worthy offensive lineman or running backs.

I agree with 39 i would love to have Gurode he is a beast im tellin you. But i wouldnt be mad if we the best prospect availible unless its a WR or CB but i would prefer a LINEMEN!

I agree with 39 i would love to have Gurode he is a beast im tellin you. But i wouldnt be mad if we the best prospect availible unless its a WR or CB but i would prefer a LINEMEN!

If there aren't any good lineman, why not take a reciever? A new talent next to Chambers could form a Duper-Clayton like Combo. Although a lot of things may change b/c of FA. I hope we get Olin Kreutz in FA.

I really think that the coaching staff is committed to upgrading the O-line in this draft,, lets face it, if Dixon does not retire the chances of him coming back at even 80% of his performance before the injury are very remote!! Other than T Wade, the Phins have continually neglected to upgrade the O-line through the draft (except for lower rnd picks) and it has cost them IMOP ... Marino1983 :( :( :(

as far as Lamar testing FA market....

who in their right mind would sign him after the year he had!!
If anything, I expect him back as a back up.

If there aren't any good lineman, why not take a reciever? A new talent next to Chambers could form a Duper-Clayton like Combo. Although a lot of things may change b/c of FA. I hope we get Olin Kreutz in FA.

I just dont see that taking a risk on a WR early is goin to make us better next season. WR just might be the hardest thing to come in and produce early, in the last few years Randy Moss and Chris Chambers are the only two rookies that really produced. And if we keep neglecting that we have an old beat up weak line it will continue to bite us in the butt, so if there isnt any linemen worthy of a first trade down to get more linemen, the more prospects the more they compete for playing time and the better the chance of getting some good ones.

I just dont see that taking a risk on a WR early is goin to make us better next season. WR just might be the hardest thing to come in and produce early, in the last few years Randy Moss and Chris Chambers are the only two rookies that really produced. And if we keep neglecting that we have an old beat up weak line it will continue to bite us in the butt, so if there isnt any linemen worthy of a first trade down to get more linemen, the more prospects the more they compete for playing time and the better the chance of getting some good ones.

What if there are no 1st round offensive lineman, but there is a 1st round DT?

I personally think the Defensive line is just as bad if not worse so i think i would take the DT and go OL in the 3rd and just keep drafting Linemen.I will be mad if miami doesnt come out of this thing with atleast 4 BIG NASTY LINEMEN

Back
Top Bottom