The Hits just keep on comin' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Hits just keep on comin'

Steve S said:
In a further indictment of the Florida educational system and Dolphin fans who are too young to remember Jim Jensen comes this gem- "the Dolphins screwed up by taking Ronnie Brown, Lamar Gordon outplayed him in mini camp"

Are you F'in serious????

That's what the level of discourse has come down to in here?

Mini-camp fer crissakes!!! Do some of you even know what that is??? Its where you run around untouched w/o pads. Its where players like Artie Freeman and Derrius Thompson excel. It means as much as something out of Hillary Clinton's mouth.

Its time for some of you to put down the bongs for a few days, get a job, read a book, or best case, beg NOVA to let you enroll.

Seriously, I don't want to read this Forrest Gump level crap in here again. Take your weak nonsense to the Jets forum if you feel the need to void your pathetic excuse for brains.

Lets raise the bar in here.

yeah lets raise the bar....I would rather read about the rediculous trades senario's offered in the forums. So many times i want to say SHUT THE F**K UP with that stupid trade, but i just click away. :cool:

great post. The problem with some of the posters here is they want instant results. Yes they tend to be younger, but there are older guys here who continue to expect instant results. Ronnie Brown/ Lamar Gordon and Feeley/Frerotte debates come to mind. If someone isnt playing ata pro bowl level from the first day he is instantly a bust according to these vince lombardis (if they know who he is).

Those of us who have been watching the game for twenty years or more have come to see that with each position there is a learning curve and we dont expect instant results. We evaluate their potential and then look for them making progress towards that goal. Its absurd to debate someone who is writing off players who havent played a full season let alone after a minicamp exercise.

The other aspect I suspect that comes into play is people who were against someone from the start look for any reason, no matter how ridiculous to trash them. Look at the people trashing Brown and most of them were against drafting him. They're using the minicamp as their justification for trashing him and proving how smart they were.
Its ridiculous, but that's how it goes here. So have a beer and let em talk. The smart ones will wait till the games mean something before grades are given out

I don't think the age of the person is a major factor, but the age of being a football fan. You need to be a fan for a good amount of time before you can get a realistic view on how things work in the NFL. A long term fan will realize that the salary cap will prevent us from some of these crazy trade ideas that are passed around. Also, a long term fan can actually sit down and give a real analysis of a football player. A newcomer doesn't always know every rule in the game or what is looked for in players at certain positions. Some of these short term fans look at the mini camp and see a RB(Gordon) hitting holes and looking sharp and see Ronnie Brown perhaps struggling a little and immediatley condem Ronnie. A long term fan will look at it and realize that mini camp is NOT a good way to judge a player and will be able to take the players past performances in making a good analysis of what the player will be like.

Edit: I didn't see adamprez2003 post before I made mine, but he thinks just like me.

FireWrongstedt said:
There should be a new rule: You have to be at least 18 to post on Finheaven (no disrespect to the kids who actually DO know their heads from theie a*ses).

:rolleyes: ya lets keep the next generation of Fin Fans in the dark. Im 14 and know just as much if not more about my Dolphins then a lot of the posters on this board.

Jimi said:
:rolleyes: ya lets keep the next generation of Fin Fans in the dark. Im 14 and know just as much if not more about my Dolphins then a lot of the posters on this board.
We need a FinHeaven Europe Forum. Send the young Dolphin fan prospects there for a season or two to get them up to speed. :lol: jk.

By the way you are really 14? You are actually very mature for your age.

Nublar7 said:
We need a FinHeaven Europe Forum. Send the young Dolphin fan prospects there for a season or two to get them up to speed. :lol: jk.

By the way you are really 14? You are actually very mature for your age.

I am 16. I am VERY mature for my age. :yes:

Dont you agree?

FireWrongstedt said:
There should be a new rule: You have to be at least 18 to post on Finheaven (no disrespect to the kids who actually DO know their heads from theie a*ses).

I hope this comment was made in jest. Making a parallel with the proposed NBA rule are you? Just b/c someone is under 18 doesn't mean they can't make an intelligent post. Just b/c someone is over 18 doesn't mean they will make an intelligent post. Younger kids have less years of experience as a football fan but that doesn't mean they can't make good arguments or develop thought provoking threads. You can always add someone whom you think is unknowledgeable to your ignore list.:cool:

FireWrongstedt said:

I've actually seen dumber posts/threads by people over the age of 18. Age isn't the factor. It's their maturity level.

PhinDude88 said:

Dont you agree?
Yes you are.

I actually got into a deep conversation with a sports bar host guy on the cruise I went on over Christmas(going on another on this July :D ). He was a big Dolphins fan and we got talking about everything Dolphins during the Pats and then the following week the Browns game. He guessed that I was mid 20's because he thought I was very mature for my age in the way I talked and my manners(I am not a guy who will run around the room like a fool). Anyways, I guess I am not making a very good example of my maturity by talking myself up. :lol:

Dont let posts like that skew your vision of all young people. Some of us are not so bad

PhinDude88 said:

Dont you agree?

I myself am very mature for my age, even though I don't post much. Especially w/ a full beard at age 15 and my mentality I am mistaken for seniors in highschool and often classmen in college. Kinda fun, :D.

Nublar7 said:

Actualy not a bad idea; in which case Phindude88, PopularWar and I would be first round draft picks

Easy now, it's not just the Florida education system at work here. Look at the locations for the members, it's the entire U.S. with a smattering of other countries thrown in. I think you are on the money and we will not really be able to tell anything until the pads go on and the hitting starts. It would be a great problem to have if both of the running backs play lights out.

DirtyDolfan said:
I hope this comment was made in jest. Making a parallel with the proposed NBA rule are you? Just b/c someone is under 18 doesn't mean they can't make an intelligent post. Just b/c someone is over 18 doesn't mean they will make an intelligent post. Younger kids have less years of experience as a football fan but that doesn't mean they can't make good arguments or develop thought provoking threads. You can always add someone whom you think is unknowledgeable to your ignore list.:cool:

It was made in jest. I probably should've added a smiley or something.

Back
Top Bottom