The impact of Suh on the Dolphins' cap; A Dolphins LB twist; Steve Ross opines. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The impact of Suh on the Dolphins' cap; A Dolphins LB twist; Steve Ross opines.

People worry about Cap.

Wake, Grimes, Wallace restructure/release will clear maybe 20 million.

Cap will continue to rise yearly.

In 3 years suh's hit will be a bargain.

Yep...Even Wallace's money doesn't seem to crazy when Maclin is getting 11 mill per...

MIami can also convert part of that salary to a signing bonus and lower the cap hit. They have many options.

One thing is certain. We are not drafting any developmental prospects.

We now need polished rookies that can step in and start day 1 because once that rookie contact expires we cannot afford to re-sign them. We will have too much of our cap tied up in Suh, Tannehill, Wallace and Albert.

When GM's and coaches are in their last chance years they do stuff like this mortgaging the future for a chance to win today. Let's hope it works out.

Thats true for most teams...however Wallace will be gone after this year.....or at least he should be and the cap savings realized.

I haven't looked at Alberts Deal lately....but I assume it was designed so we could get out after 3 years as well.

We will be fine....but having some elite players does require paying them.

The bottomline is...you have to draft well for this to work....but you have to anyway to win in this league.

So whats the big deal?

If we can't draft well.....it won't matter whether Suh is here or not.

I have faith in Hickey based on last year....and I think it was smart to have Tannenbaum steer free agency.

Hickey did well last year evaluating college players....drafting and signing undrafted free agents.

Hickey didn't fare as well in free agency....Hence the hiring of Tannenbaum.

People worry about Cap.

Wake, Grimes, Wallace restructure/release will clear maybe 20 million.
Cap will continue to rise yearly.
In 3 years suh's hit will be a bargain.

Ok so we don't worry about the cap and instead worry about releasing good players. So yes the is an element of worry right.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buf...lphins-charles-clay-offer-sheet-buffalo-bills

According to Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun, Suh will receive a $25.5 million signing bonus, as well as the league minimum salary of $985,000 in 2015. Prorating the $25.5 million over the maximum of five years creates a 2015 cap hit for Suh of only $6.085 million (one-fifth of the bonus, $5.1 million, plus base salary). Miami clearly structured the deal to maximize their 2015 cap space as much as possible, with Suh's 2016 salary jumping up to an enormous $23.485 million in 2016.

What this means for Bills fans awaiting the long-reported offer sheet for Clay is that Miami is going to have a much greater capacity to possibly match an offer for Clay than was most likely being anticipated at One Bills Drive.

Back
Top Bottom