the irony in drafting a qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the irony in drafting a qb

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
6
if you clones are right and we do get alex smith with the #2 pick, and he is the "stud" you all paint him out to be, at worst you figure him to be #2 on the depth chart right? and given frerottes familiarity with the system he could go into week one as either the 1 or 2 on the depth chart, leaving poor AJ as the same 3rd string qb we traded the 35th overall pick for. lol that would suck. i dont think we get a qb at #2 so i don't have the sour taste in my mouth yet, but if things play out like that rick is fired. he has to be. how is he not already?
 

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Miami
thecoordinator said:
if you clones are right and we do get alex smith with the #2 pick, and he is the "stud" you all paint him out to be, at worst you figure him to be #2 on the depth chart right? and given frerottes familiarity with the system he could go into week one as either the 1 or 2 on the depth chart, leaving poor AJ as the same 3rd string qb we traded the 35th overall pick for. lol that would suck. i dont think we get a qb at #2 so i don't have the sour taste in my mouth yet, but if things play out like that rick is fired. he has to be. how is he not already?

How would that sucks? A.J has every chance to compete against Ferrote.
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
You call us clones and stereotype our opinions on Alex Smith yet you have nine posts and have been on the site less than a day. Nice.
 

3P

I believe I can fly!
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
4,683
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Detroit, MI
I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith at #3 for the year if we did indeed draft him. If he worked his way higher up the depth chart this year, that would just be an added bonus. Nick Saban is looking long term.... he's not in win next year or I get fired mode like Wanny was. That's what got us into trouble in the first place. Never taking a QB because Wanny didn't have the time to wait for him to develop.... he was always one year away from being fired.
 

supertek

Just line up and kick their a$$
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Oregon
HysterikiLL said:
You call us clones and stereotype our opinions on Alex Smith yet you have nine posts and have been on the site less than a day. Nice.


He has been spending to much time in the jungle with that a$$hole Jim Rome.
 

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
6
HysterikiLL said:
You call us clones and stereotype our opinions on Alex Smith yet you have nine posts and have been on the site less than a day. Nice.


actually ive been on this site for longer than i can remember. probably close to 2 years. i havent posted though in about 6+ months because i got a router and my pc was messed up and for some reason i couldnt log in, even when i made a new name. through trial and error i think i finally fixed it by changing my internet settings and making a new name. however i had no problems using other forums so maybe i got banned before lol. i cant imagine that though because i didnt cause any trouble. so no, i havent been on this site for less than a day. i read these boards all the time and finally got motivated with the draft being so near to fix my internet problem.
 

Minnphin

I need a Mojito
Joined
Sep 16, 2002
Messages
990
Reaction score
1
Location
Sioux Falls, SD
death7star said:
we have already drafted a QB this year. we dont need another one.

By using the "we" term, I'm assuming you're referring to the collective we meaning the dolphins. However, the current "we" is not the "we" that traded for AJ Feeley. I know Rick is still here, but he's no longer in control. I would argue that "they" already drafted a QB this year, not "us." Sunk costs my friend, Nick has no reason to stick to AJ if he doesn't think he's the guy, and I just don't think he does.
 

Phinsfan1980

Second String
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Iowa
supertek said:
He has been spending to much time in the jungle with that a$$hole Jim Rome.
Someone mentioned jim rome and now I want to see Jim Everett beat his *** again!:lol: . I ****ing hate that guy
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
thecoordinator said:
actually ive been on this site for longer than i can remember. probably close to 2 years. i havent posted though in about 6+ months because i got a router and my pc was messed up and for some reason i couldnt log in, even when i made a new name. through trial and error i think i finally fixed it by changing my internet settings and making a new name. however i had no problems using other forums so maybe i got banned before lol. i cant imagine that though because i didnt cause any trouble. so no, i havent been on this site for less than a day. i read these boards all the time and finally got motivated with the draft being so near to fix my internet problem.

That's cool man. It's all good. We all have a right to our opinions and freedom of speech. I have seen people though that have been here a second and categorize us so it's kinda force of habit to shut them out.

Peace. :D
 

merlin00069

All-Pro
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami
death7star said:
we have already drafted a QB this year. we dont need another one.

And perhaps we have to face the music and see that pickup might not pan out. You dont ride the ship while its sinking, and my friend AJ has a huge hole in the mast, and deck.
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
phinphanphrommi said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith at #3 for the year if we did indeed draft him. If he worked his way higher up the depth chart this year, that would just be an added bonus. Nick Saban is looking long term.... he's not in win next year or I get fired mode like Wanny was. That's what got us into trouble in the first place. Never taking a QB because Wanny didn't have the time to wait for him to develop.... he was always one year away from being fired.

Man, that PC looks tight as hell with the new logo!!
 

3P

I believe I can fly!
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
4,683
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Detroit, MI
We also used draft picks on WR and QB this year... should we not pick those positions up either? :shakeno:

Mike Nugent at #2!!!!
 

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
6
youll have to forgive me as well because im just now coming out of the spielstedt era and i live and die miami dolphins football, and ive been dead for 5 years.
 
Top Bottom