The launch! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The launch!

I didn't think it would have commercials either. I'm curious to see how they're gonna keep it interesting in the dog days of the offseason. Probably just more NFL Films shows.

Is it just me, or does the NFL have stock in DirecTV? Why is the "Ticket"and now the new network only available to their subscribers? I think Tagliabue and the DirecTV CEO have got a little something on the side going. All the other pro sports leagues as well as NCAA are offered on Cable PPV or Dish Network. What's up?

Originally posted by FFiB

NFL Network is produced by ESPN.

NFL Network is produced by the NFL not espn.

It is on some cable companies but not all, they are trying to get in on all of them. The best thing to do is if your cable company does not have it to call and complain, or just get directv like the rest of us :D

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

NFL Network is produced by the NFL not espn.

It is on some cable companies but not all, they are trying to get in on all of them. The best thing to do is if your cable company does not have it to call and complain, or just get directv like the rest of us :D

You are right...I confused it with that new show coming up on ESPN (I think in december or so) which was supposed to rival the new show.

My bad....

All I know is that there supposed to be making the network available to most cable companies as well as direct tv. But direct tv owns all rights to nfl sunday ticket till I believe 2006. They pd the nfl for the contract. From what I heard they pd a pretty price. In regards to the network I think there going to repeat the programming offend, because I was watching it last night and they repated the same 3 shows over and over again. But I'm glad to have it. Channel 212 For those who don't know

Originally posted by FISHFAN57
Is it just me, or does the NFL have stock in DirecTV? Why is the "Ticket"and now the new network only available to their subscribers? I think Tagliabue and the DirecTV CEO have got a little something on the side going. All the other pro sports leagues as well as NCAA are offered on Cable PPV or Dish Network. What's up?

The NFL tends to reward it's partners with loyalty on just about everything and I really don't think it's out of order.

I don't think the NFL is losing money on the deal. I think (if anybody) Directv is losing money on the deal. Directv really doesn't have a choice other than to pay the price for the "Ticket" because I think you wouldn't see as many subscribers choosing satellite.

And if those customers did choose satellite I think these numbers would reverse as Dish is actually a better value for base and premium packages.

Directv 11 million subscribers
Dish 7 million subscribers

I think you could bet your bank account that at least the difference (4 million) is due to the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Eisen left SportsCenter for a channel that is not even available to that many people (I get it though :) ) He made a huge mistake by not signing a new contract with ESPN.

AAAhhhhh Grasshoppa'......

Do not bet against the NFL....

You'll lose.

It's a high profile job promotion and he is probably getting.....

PAID

Hell, I'd do it for free just to have access to the film.

All kidding aside....

Without the NFL, Espn is nothing..

And soon when the NFL Network is on every cable companies lineup, don't be surprised to see the Sunday Night Game on the NFL Network.

Don't forget, these cable companies have to pay the network. You can't just jump on board without rate increase. I suppose that most Cable outlets are packaging a couple of extra channels to justify their price increase.

Then of course they have to go through regulators of most states for that price increase. :rolleyes:

The NFL network is going to be big and to answer one question asked about the offseason viewership....

There is no offseason in the NFL.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
or just get directv like the rest of us :D

As Zod displayed, I think "the rest of us" are on cable. :lol:

Do you think they will air complete NFL games in the offseason?

I heard rumors that they would actually air actual Super Bowl footage (what you saw on TV).

Also, with ESPN pissing off the NFL with it's Playmakers series.....we could indeed see them taking away Sunday Night Football in the next round of negotiations.

Back
Top Bottom