The loss of Byron Jones the first 4 weeks kinda stings now... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The loss of Byron Jones the first 4 weeks kinda stings now...

...because I really think we could've beaten Buffalo and maybe even Seattle if we had him, and then we'd have a GREAT chance at making the playoffs. The team that we became, almost instantly, with him back in the lineup is a playoff-caliber team.
i'm basing that off what we did vs San Fran compared to what San Fran has done since, and we Blanked the Jets who had Buffalo on the ropes for a lot that game this past Sunday. The way Josh Allen has struggled in recent weeks is the way he could've been much less effective against us if his receivers weren't Wide ****ing Open against us.

We'll see what this looks like moving forwards but our last 2 weeks have been So Different than our previous games and we look like a really tough NFL team to play against.

Jones got injured so early in week 1 that I consider that a game that he missed. FYI.
Take it EZ, don’t get all excited. Woulda coulda shoulda
We don’t know that we would have beat them, Josh Allen had a game that day. And “good” teams need to overcome injuries and we didn’t that day. We weren’t a good team three weeks ago. And it’s debatable if we’re good right now. However, we are a well coached team

One silver lining that we all now know is how good Byron Jones really is and how much better he makes this defense. I really thought it was a bad signing since he started injured but I was wrong. Byron Jones is legit and transforms this defense when he and X. Howard play at the same time. We have 2 shut down corners.

While Jones himself wouldn't help directly in those regards having another corner who can go to man coverage 1 on 1 and hold his own makes it a lot easier to throw extra players at the LOS to help accomplish those things.

To the OP, I feel he would have made a difference but unfortunately we'll never know. He's got a lot of season to make it up to us and it won't matter if he's an important piece to a playoff birth.

I do believe Miami had those bodies in the box. They were just ineffective

Take it easy bro. SF was depleted and the QB was playing hurt with every pass sailing on him and then we beat the jets. Lets wait till we beat some good teams that are not missing so many players.

And the Dolphins beat the ever-loving holy bejeezus out of them, like a good team should.

Take it easy bro. SF was depleted and the QB was playing hurt with every pass sailing on him and then we beat the jets. Lets wait till we beat some good teams that are not missing so many players.
Every team has players missing. That isn’t an excuse. You learn to overcome injuries. Just like Miami had to learn to overcome the loss of Austin Jackson.

Not to mention that Noah Igbinoghene got some valuable experience. He struggled badly, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

The duo of X. Howard and Bryon Jones is outstanding, making the defensive line better, the whole unit better. I think you can argue that Miami might have won the Buffalo and Seattle games with better quarterback play. Although, I do think the coaching staff was waiting for the right opportunity to start Tua.

It's a different season now. If Tua plays as well as most of us believe, even early on, the Dolphins will have a chance to beat some teams that nobody sees them beating.

Every team has players missing. That isn’t an excuse. You learn to overcome injuries. Just like Miami had to learn to overcome the loss of Austin Jackson.

There is a narrative here. Miami has players out due to injury? Next man up. No excuse for the loss. Opponent has injuries? Miami beat a team with starters out.

Ok, now that I read some of the replays to me I changed my mind. If Jones hadn't miss any games we'd be undefeated.

Meh, let's see if we can beat some good teams with Jones before we declare Jones the difference in beating good teams.

We’ve gotten good production from JD and the rookie but it’s usually the risk that you take with big money signings that one big money player going out hurts more then when you spent on 2 or 3 solid vets. Jones seems like a big difference, as he should for his contract.

One loss. One bad loss. That's all it's going to take to make the pollyanna fan base come crashing back down to Earth.

Temper your expectations of this team. They are very lucky to be .500 right now. They've beaten nobody.

One loss. One bad loss. That's all it's going to take to make the pollyanna fan base come crashing back down to Earth.

Temper your expectations of this team. They are very lucky to be .500 right now. They've beaten nobody.

Most average to bad teams have "one bad loss." Even good teams can have one big loss. If Miami has the one big loss to a top team, that's the NFL. TWO big losses or one big loss to, say, NYJ and, yes, pessimism will return.

...because I really think we could've beaten Buffalo and maybe even Seattle if we had him, and then we'd have a GREAT chance at making the playoffs. The team that we became, almost instantly, with him back in the lineup is a playoff-caliber team.
i'm basing that off what we did vs San Fran compared to what San Fran has done since, and we Blanked the Jets who had Buffalo on the ropes for a lot that game this past Sunday. The way Josh Allen has struggled in recent weeks is the way he could've been much less effective against us if his receivers weren't Wide ****ing Open against us.

We'll see what this looks like moving forwards but our last 2 weeks have been So Different than our previous games and we look like a really tough NFL team to play against.

Jones got injured so early in week 1 that I consider that a game that he missed. FYI.
The Buff game we were a mess. We couldn't score and the rest of the d looked pitiful. It was a PS game all day. Against SEA he could have been the difference maker.

Back
Top Bottom