The Lucas Sucks Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lucas Sucks Thread

It's hard to even talk about this game. It was like a nightmare unfolding before my eyes. I respect Lucas and totally expected him to do well. If not stand out, at least be an adequate caretaker that would not hurt us. He not only hurt us, he frigging killed us dead. The passes that weren't picks were mostly uncatchable, his decisions were horrible. He threw when he should have run and in my opinion choked in front of a sellout crowd at home. The Coaches really have their work cut out for them to get the troops to rally around this guy after such a pathetic performance. We counted on him and he left us holding our jocks. I remember Tom Matte, a halfback, sub for an injured Unitas in an emergency and play 1000% better than, somebody said Ray Charles. Today it fits. Where did he go after the first drive? Did he fall apart after he took that hit? I only hope that during the bye week and the week of practice before Green Bay we can figure out a way to instill poise, confidence and game plan that takes Lucas out of the role Mr. Do Everything (badly) to more of a caretakers role. My confidense in Ray Lucas is shattered. I've never seen one guy so totally cost his team a game. After 3 picks I'd have tried Rosenfels, wasn't it apparent it wasn't Rays day. Did we really need to see more? We better shop for a veteran fast, this guy will take us down the tubes. I see nothing to build on with him, he just sucked from stem to stern. Having vented my displeasure it is proper to congratulate Buffalo on a game well played coming into a hostile envirnment and emerging with a victory. I was vocal before the game about how we were going to kick your butts so I must give props to Bledsoe, Moulds and the rest of the Bills team,great game by Nate Clements. Jay can't come back fast enough for me.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Lucas blows, every Fiedler hater should admit that Lucas sucks.

Fine..........I'll admit it! Lucas Sucks!:evil:

I got to the board late and didn't see this thread at first. Ray really sucked and should have been pulled after some of his silly decisions. Too bad we will have to taste this awful performance for two weeks. BSQX4 said it very well for how I think most of us feel. Which I think will bring out the Dophins smoking against GB with Lucas still at the helm. Hopefully Rosenfels is prepared in the next two weeks in case Lucas starts giving a similar performance.

ray ray

Look at you fish fans give the guy a break it's going to take time for him to get ready,

he has not played sine 1999 !!!!!!!

I like Ray and was upset when he left the Jets...

who are you going to play Rosenfels get the f#@k out of here.

yea do that put in rosenfels in Green Bay u morons !!!!!!!!!!!!

desperate times means desperate measures

oh you can bring back Marino or Aikman so he can throw it to

Carter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nyrican is absolutely right (through about the first half of his thread). Some of the people on these boards are the most over reactionary football fans I've ever encountered.

Did Ray Lucas suck yesterday? ABSOLUTELY. Does Ray Lucas suck in general? No way. You have to give a guy time to work off rust. You people act as if the guy came into your house and pissed on your couch or something.

He had a bad game but he will get better. He will have bona fide starters to throw to next week, he will have 2 weeks of practice to prepare, and he will be better. The dolphins still lead the AFC East ... the season is not lost. So cool it for christ's sake.

on a side note I can't wait for all of the Carter bashers to do a 180 and start praising him after he torches GB.

Re: ray ray

Originally posted by nyrican
who are you going to play Rosenfels get the f#@k out of here.

yea do that put in rosenfels in Green Bay u morons !!!!!!!!!!!!

desperate times means desperate measures

oh you can bring back Marino or Aikman so he can throw it to

Carter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How elegant and prescient of you. Must make you feel good to post something that shows your thinking to be one whose footbal acumen is well below par. Maybe you can bring back Namath to beat us in New York. Talk about desperate times, how are the Jets going to get back into the division race???

Namath ?

For a team that finally beat us after 8 tries you have no room to yak !!!

Ray Lucas torched you remember that Marino's last game in Pro-

Player how quickly fish fans forget .... my point is that Ray is capable of doing good things ... I like a Ray and he will perform.

and for your second point about the Jets getting back in to the
race look at the schedule..

Good Luck

Folks, Lucas was pressing and he knows it. With all the strain the team was under in the last week, I would honestly have been surprised with a win. But now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

We still lead the division. We have a week to heal, refocus and integrate Cater into the offense. Miami is a devastating team on Monday Night Football, and you can bet Lucas the fiery competitor will have been coached to more efficiently channel that enthusiasm.

So everyone ... :calm:

Re: Namath ?

Originally posted by nyrican
For a team that finally beat us after 8 tries you have no room to yak !!!

After 30 to 3 we have plenty to yak about. :p

Player how quickly fish fans forget .... my point is that Ray is capable of doing good things ... I like a Ray and he will perform.

The point is if Ray starts to have a 6 turn over game again he should be pulled because we couldn't even beat the Jets like that.

and for your second point about the Jets getting back in to the
race look at the schedule..

CLEVELAND
at San Diego
MIAMI
at Detroit
BUFFALO
at Oakland
DENVER
at Chicago
at New England
GREEN BAY

O.K. Who are the Jets going to beat??? Cleveland, Detroit and maybe the Bills???

Good Luck

Thank you and back at you. :)

I dont like this thread. Come on people, dont start ripping Lucas after a rough game. Most of you guys hated the Fiedler bashers for passing judgement on him without giving him a chance. Well, I for one will not give into such blatant hypocricy. I have always been a big Fiedler supporter, yet I will give Ray Lucas a chance because hes our starting QB.

Everyone, repeat after me: I am a Miami Dolphins fan and I support Ray Lucas.

Come on people, show some resolve. I know we're in a bind due to injuries, but its nothing that we cant overcome. Show some character, dont stoop to the level of the fingerpointing Fielder bashers. Support your team and support your QB. sheesh.

Guys, relax. Nobody can play like that twice ever, PERIOD. Ray Lucas wil calm down, and everything will be better in phinland in two weeks. I feel confident with him there, he made many mistakes which will be fixed. In at least 3 of his 4 picks and half of his incompleted passes he could've ran for major yardage. I am sure that the coaches will channel that to him and make sure he recognizes it. They will coach him in the next 2 weeks to not lose the game for the team, and to ust be smarter with the ball. He doesn't have to win the game, he just has to do his best not to lose it. Take away just 2 of our turnovers and we win that game. It is a true testament to how good our team is that Bledsoe had less than 200 yards, and 70 of his yards came on one play. We held them in check. And after 5 turnovers and less than `10 minutes to play in the game we still had a chance to win. A bad team would most definitely be losing by more than 30. So I say calm down, things will get better, cause they definitely could be worst. We could be Jets fans.

Exactly Marinofan. People have to calm down.

Re: Re: Namath ?

Originally posted by Merman

After 30 to 3 we have plenty to yak about. :p

The point is if Ray starts to have a 6 turn over game again he should be pulled because we couldn't even beat the Jets like that.

CLEVELAND
at San Diego
MIAMI
at Detroit
BUFFALO
at Oakland
DENVER
at Chicago
at New England
GREEN BAY

O.K. Who are the Jets going to beat??? Cleveland, Detroit and maybe the Bills???

Thank you and back at you. :)

30-3 you are right 30-3 , will it happen again at the Medowlands in Nov we shall see..

lets look at your schedule my friend..

AT GREEN BAY
AT NEW YORK
HOME VS RAVENS
HOME VS BOLTS
AT BILLS
HOME VS DA BEARS
HOME VS THE RAYDAHS
AT VIKES
AT BEAN TOWN

who will you beat , vikes, maybe the Jets bears,

SEE YA