The Miami Dolphins ‘Got Next’ in the AFC East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins ‘Got Next’ in the AFC East

Who’s the best team in the AFC East?

• Dolphins

Votes: 61 43.9%
  • Bills

Votes: 65 46.8%
  • Patriots

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Jets

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
IIRC, the Browns sucked until BB arrived, then sucked some more. In NE, BB inherited an average team and lead the team to 5? wins. Essentially, coaching his teams to about what they already were.
2001 was TB. we don't know what year he started cheating
Just to play devil's advocate, as I don't like the guy, Brady didn't play defense, and they are, consistently, a top 5 defense in pts/gm.

When he was in Cleveland, I doubt he had the pull to rebuild the team in his own image. Also don't underestimate what the old ****ard learned over the last two decades of deep playoff runs, of gameplanning against the best teams in football.

I think the Bills have the best overall talent in the division at this time. Yet the Patriots have Belichick and he has proved that he can win in New England without Brady. The Patriots and Bills have the best defenses in the division Until The Dolphins can get their offensive line situation fixed and Tua shows he can be the QB we all hope he will be, I think the Bills and Patriots are clearly the 2 best teams in the division.
‘The Jets played much better toward the end of last season, just as the Dolphins did. So it will be interesting to see whether the Dolphins or Jets are able to take a big leap forward during the season. .

Just to play devil's advocate, as I don't like the guy, Brady didn't play defense, and they are, consistently, a top 5 defense in pts/gm.

When he was in Cleveland, I doubt he had the pull to rebuild the team in his own image. Also don't underestimate what the old ****ard learned over the last two decades of deep playoff runs, of gameplanning against the best teams in football.

I did a casual search 2-3 years ago. Every year TB was IN the SB, NE had top 10 OL or D or both. Not a coincidence. IMO, he was an above average QB with an elite HC

I wouldn't discount Darnold having a good year under Gase.

Bills have to get past NE psychologically...

Actually, it's setting up like we're all primed to take down the bully this year in NE.

Every one these matchups between NE is going to be super hard for the Pats. Probably the entire league is looking for payback.

I did a casual search 2-3 years ago. Every year TB was IN the SB, NE had top 10 OL or D or both. Not a coincidence. IMO, he was an above average QB with an elite HC
I'm not going to slight Brady. He has been elite at reading, processing, and executing quickly, and be right a high percentage if the time. His physical skills? Yeah, probably not elite.

Then there's the "it factor". Great players have an innate ability to deliver under pressure consistently.

Allen iwill hold back the Bills. Both he and Fitz had NE where they wanted them with the ball and game on the line. One succeeded one failed the one with the better team mind you. I don’t believe in Josh Allen until proven otherwise.

I know it’s fun to predict otherwise but we’ll probably split with all 3 teams next year. Yes even the Jets.
The Bills don’t even believe in him or they wouldn’t have drafted that QB this year.

I wouldn't discount Darnold having a good year under Gase.

Bills have to get past NE psychologically...

Actually, it's setting up like we're all primed to take down the bully this year in NE.

Every one these matchups between NE is going to be super hard for the Pats. Probably the entire league is looking for payback.
Gase ruins QBs. Darnold might be ok but his YPA under Gase looked very, very familiar. So he’ll hold the kid back even if he is decent. More bubble screens. Gase doesn’t seem to “get it” how important YPA is.

Yeah I’m scared of the Bills this year, have no idea what to expect from the Pats, and as long as the Jets have Gase I’m comfortable

They're the better team on paper for now. More experience and they have more depth, but I ain't scurred. Their QB should be afraid of our secondary though. He's an inaccurate QB as it is.

They're the better team on paper for now. More experience and they have more depth, but I ain't scurred. Their QB should be afraid of our secondary though. He's an inaccurate QB as it is.
I thing Flo can confuse him with 6 DB fronts. If we stop the run, we win that side of the ball.

Question is, can we score? Last years numbers aren't going to cut it.

I thing Flo can confuse him with 6 DB fronts. If we stop the run, we win that side of the ball.

Question is, can we score? Last years numbers aren't going to cut it.
We need some guys that have that nose for the EZ. Ricky had it. Parker was that guy last year. Would love for one of our backs to emerge as an EZ won’t be denied kind of guy. Perhaps JH?

IIRC, the Browns sucked until BB arrived, then sucked some more. In NE, BB inherited an average team and lead the team to 5? wins. Essentially, coaching his teams to about what they already were.
The Tom Brady connection, to me, is the main reason Bellichick can't be talked about in the same breath as Don Shula. Shula won with different quarterbacks, getting Miami on the verge of a super bowl win with David Woodley at quarterback. Without Brady, Bellichick has had six losing seasons in eight. That is counting his time with Cleveland.

I think Bellichick recognizes that he needs to win without Brady to cement his legacy. If he wins another super bowl with another quarterback, then I think he has to be talked about as one of the greatest.

The Tom Brady connection, to me, is the main reason Bellichick can't be talked about in the same breath as Don Shula. Shula won with different quarterbacks, getting Miami on the verge of a super bowl win with David Woodley at quarterback. Without Brady, Bellichick has had six losing seasons in eight. That is counting his time with Cleveland.

I think Bellichick recognizes that he needs to win without Brady to cement his legacy. If he wins another super bowl with another quarterback, then I think he has to be talked about as one of the greatest.

There is no comparison. No other team in the history of the NFL has ever been as dominant as the Patriots have for 17 years.

There is no comparison. No other team in the history of the NFL has ever been as dominant as the Patriots have for 17 years.
I don't disagree, but is it Bellichick or Brady? Bellichick couldn't win in Cleveland, although I recognize that was a tough task. Still, in six of his seven years there the Browns had a losing record.

Shula won big in Baltimore, he won big in Miami with different quarterbacks.

Back
Top Bottom