***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 917 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
icephinfan said:
Ben Wallace to the HEAT...just Kidding, the Bulls offered more than the Pistons for him.

only a million more a year for 4 years (52 million vs 48 million over 4 years).

he should stick with the pistons. have more success there.

death7star said:
only a million more a year for 4 years (52 million vs 48 million over 4 years).

he should stick with the pistons. have more success there.

Oh... see ESPNEWS didn't say what the difference was, thanks for the info.

Alex44 said:
The Bulls were going to out hustle us

New Jersey had stars that were finally coming together

Detroit was going to go Detroit on our ***** and was a great 'Team'

Finally Dallas had Dirk and there was no way we could stop him

And thats just what Greg Anthony said :lol:

Kind of reminds me what the experts said about the Dolphins last year, that we wouldn't be a .500 team. And look at us now we are gonna kick *** this year.

Caps said:
We just signed Gansey to a 2 year deal link

That is great news; this guy can shoot.

Many call him an equal to if not better shooter than J.J. Redick from three.

I wanted to move into the 2nd round for Gansey if Guillermo Diaz wasn't available, this guy is going to be a top of the line sharpshooter in this league for a long time.

www.NBADraft.net

Mike Gansey
Birthdate: 12/21/82
NBA Position: Shooting Guard
College: West Virginia
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 205
Hometown: Olmsted Falls, OH
High School: Olmsted Falls

NBA Comparison: Jeff Hornacek

Strengths: A player with great knowledge and understanding of the game ... Mr Intangibles, does all the little things to help his team win ... Out thinks opponents ... Extremely competitive, great will to win ... Hustles for every loose ball, his passion and energy are contagious ... Smart player, makes great decisions ... Extremely effective offfensive player ... Tremendous shooter, one of the top three point shooters in the country ... Has range and great form on his shot ... Quick release, which is important getting shots off against bigger and more athletic defenders ... Also has a clever mid range game ... Great attitude, works hard to improve ... Takes what the defense gives him. Doesn't over dribble, good ball handler ... Uses the dribble and ball fakes well to set up his jump shot ... Has good vision and passing ability ... Sound defender, plays smart defense, doesn't gamble ... Does a little of everything, grabs rebounds, steals ... Deceptive athleticism, he's clever at creating space for shots and getting open ... Great composure ...

Weaknesses: He'll turn 24 this year ... Doesn't look like an NBA player based on his body and athleticism ... Undersized, and not extremely fast ... What you see is what you get, his upside is somewhat limited by age and the fact that his game is as complete as it is ... Lacks a tremendous first step ... Not a big leaper or a specimen type of athlete ... Strictly a shooting guard, lacks the overall skills to play the PG position ... Free throw shooting fell off some as a Senior, but is solid ... Can be a streaky shooter, but finds ways to contribute when he's cold ...

Notes:
Played his first 2 years at St. Bonaventure before transferring to West Virginia ... Helped lead West Virginia to the Elite Eight in his junior season.

Blueprint said:
That is great news; this guy can shoot.

Many call him an equal to if not better shooter than J.J. Redick from three.

I wanted to move into the 2nd round for Gansey if Guillermo Diaz wasn't available, this guy is going to be a top of the line sharpshooter in this league for a long time.

So I am assuming he will be challenging Kapono for his spot?

Now question... with the pickup of Ben Wallace... is there any chance we can go after Chandler? or no? I dont know much about the NBA Salary Cap...

Silverphin said:
Chris Bosh, wtf?
I'd easily give Bosh the max.

I don't think Melo has any business getting the same amount as LBJ & Wade though.

FinNasty said:
So I am assuming he will be challenging Kapono for his spot?
Yup, if Kapono's not moved. I expect Derek Anderson to be moved or let go.

We're probably gonna sign a PG or too; nothing high profile. I wouldn't mind both Tony Delk & Eddie House. Tony Delk is a good defender who can shoot, and Eddie House is instant offense. Good combo of guys to have off the bench. I don't know if Riles goes after an unproven player like Marcus Banks, but we'll probably take a look at Chucky Atkins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom