The Minka trade from the other side | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Minka trade from the other side

My bigges the issue with the Minkah pick was passing over Lamar Jackson. Other than that we are better now without him.

passing James for Fitzpatrick I get why one could be upset but passing Jackson for Fitzpatrick Is not something to lament. Jackson is fun to watch because he’s an electric athlete but he simply is too limited as a passer. He went to one of the few places that could maximize his talents (San Fran and Tennessee being the others). He needed solid coaching with a good online, defense, and running game. He would not even sniff the success he’s had so far if we drafted him. My guess is that we’d still have drafted Tua this year even with Lamar Jackson on the roster. So in my opinion we lucked out because we ended up with the right QB and the right Jackson.

My bigges the issue with the Minkah pick was passing over Lamar Jackson. Other than that we are better now without him.
No one wanted him in the first round dude. Unless you had a crystal ball, you wouldn't have picked him at 13 that year. Hell didn't the ravens pick someone else (TE Hurst), then trade back to get him at 32?? Even they weren't sold on getting him early.

He had a ton of questions and he's far from perfect. If he doesn't have a lead he essentially falls apart

Minkah is a good player, no doubt! But anyone that watch last years games has to admit a lot of balls just came his way.
When you ask him to sit back there and watch he's a fine player.
However, when you ask him to tackle and cover he can and has been exploited.

Could just be a case where Fitzpatrick was being over valued which turned into overrated?

Certainly his play last portion of 2019 has continued into 2020. Time will tell, but it's not looking good for Pittsburgh or Fitzpatrick.

I can't imagine a scenario where Lamar Jackson would have come into Miami and became the player he is. He became an MVP last year because a team had the talent, willingness, and competence to reimagine its entire philosophy to enable him. Miami doesn't have any of those things.

LOL at the comments section. Reads like a game prediction thread here filed with homerism.

His bitching and such aside, Minka did absolutely nothing in his time with us. Regardless of the position he played, He was on the field a lot. Last year his turnovers they always tout came in bunches and other than that he was JAG.

I think Minkah will always be starter material, but I don't see perennial all pro/OMFGzer he is the bestest evar!! in his future.

If you're JAG who gets lots of turnovers, you're not JAG.

Minkah is a good safety but last year was a bit of a mirage.

he had multiple tipped interceptions land right in his hands.

He is not the ball hawk his stats made him look like.

Steelers got Fitzpatrick, Fins got Austin Jackson. How is this not considered a big win for us? We got a better player and person.

Don't be so sure, Jackson is regressing so far back to his rookie year play. He'll always be a talented runner, but I think he has hit his ceiling as a passer. IMO he's destined for Mike Vick status, which isn't bad, but not something I'm hitching my wagon to in this day and age (no dog fighting thoughts implied)

Don't be so sure, Jackson is regressing so far back to his rookie year play. He'll always be a talented runner, but I think he has hit his ceiling as a passer. IMO he's destined for Mike Vick status, which isn't bad, but not something I'm hitching my wagon to in this day and age (no dog fighting thoughts implied)
Indeed. The greg roman offense is a strange case of super good one year, to predictable the next. Even with kaep and Taylor running it, this was a trend. Lamar is not a bad player but he needs to be able to make some throws with more consistency. Still a hell of a player, but one that would have been a massive reach at the time.

Back
Top Bottom