The most official game day thread (GDT) you are likely to find. Go Phins! | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most official game day thread (GDT) you are likely to find. Go Phins!

I haven't changed my opinon of Rashard Mathews either. He's extremely inconsistent. He and Wallace need to learn to fight for the ball. Also, never heard of some of these DB's Fogg was abysmal.

I haven't changed my opinon of Rashard Mathews either. He's extremely inconsistent. He and Wallace need to learn to fight for the ball. Also, never heard of some of these DB's Fogg was abysmal.

Keep in mind that Rishard Matthews was asked to be our #1 receiving weapon tonight and he was excellent against Atlanta's 1s. That is definitely encouraging, IMO. Our starting offense looked crisp, decisive, and efficient while missing its top three pass catching weapons.

I've heard talk that Matthews might not make the 53 from guys like Omar Kelly. I'm calling bull**** on that. There's no way this team is stupid enough to cut him.

This team has weapons in WR. I think Tannehill is going to be slinging it around a lot.

Matthews, Gibson, and Landry all looked good tonight.

We get good penetration and contact in the backfield, but we miss lots of first and second tackles. We also blew two sacks from QB escapes.

3rd and 4 im testing misi"s change of speed every time.
He whiffed on Rodgers
Im not saying he cant get better im saying he is limited.. should not be in there for the nickel

Many of us wanted top talent at MLB and felt it was a bigger need than OL. We did nothing to upgrade our LB corp and they seem to have picked up right where they left off.

I like Ellerbe in coverage but he never takes the right hole in the run game.. Our linebackers always seem 2 steps behind

I actually liked what I saw out of Misi. Yes he missed some tackles in the backfield but.... Just the fact that he was in the backfield is a positive sign. Disrupting plays in the backfield when everyone is going FULL SPEED in the regular season will end in more positive results because other defenders will make the tackle. I noticed Misi, filling holes and taking on blockers and disengaging which is more than what I saw from Ellerbe last year

A few positives:
- Lazor playcalling will be less predictable than Sherman.
- Tannehill, Miller, Matthews, Gibson and the O-line all looked good on the initial drive.
- Will Davis is a very interesting CB prospect. He appears to have improved and he has the potential to make big plays.
- Some of our rookie draft picks flashed potential - Tripp, Fede, Landry. (Hazel and Aikens didn't show much). Best of the undrafted - Damien Williams (until injured) and Fogg.

I actually liked what I saw out of Misi. Yes he missed some tackles in the backfield but.... Just the fact that he was in the backfield is a positive sign. Disrupting plays in the backfield when everyone is going FULL SPEED in the regular season will end in more positive results because other defenders will make the tackle. I noticed Misi, filling holes and taking on blockers and disengaging which is more than what I saw from Ellerbe last year

He got bailed out by a formation mistake by the Falcons..
The 3rd string Rb smoked him and Wheeler to the corner

Misi wasn't the first or last middle linebacker that Rodgers put a move on. The starting defense gave up 21 yards on eight carries, with one run going for seven yards and the rest four yards or less. I've seen the defense look a lot worse.

A few positives:
- Lazor playcalling will be less predictable than Sherman.
- Tannehill, Miller, Matthews, Gibson and the O-line all looked good on the initial drive.
- Will Davis is a very interesting CB prospect. He appears to have improved and he has the potential to make big plays.
- Some of our rookie draft picks flashed potential - Tripp, Fede, Landry. (Hazel and Aikens didn't show much). Best of the undrafted - Damien Williams (until injured) and Fogg.
Hazel is in the toughest spot because of all the WRs on the roster with Jones out Aikens has a chance the LSU DT shined, Fede, Tripp, McCain, Will Smith and Laundry shined. Also the OL appeared OK which is great. With a 4th string QB playing the whole game I was happy to see how well we ended. Current worries are at Safty and LB but hope that Tripp, McCain and Freely can replace Msi, Wheeler as both Msi I expect to see on IR and Wheeler is a bit lost, so the question of depth is at safty.

Misi wasn't the first or last middle linebacker that Rodgers put a move on. The starting defense gave up 21 yards on eight carries, with one run going for seven yards and the rest four yards or less. I've seen the defense look a lot worse.

Yeah, it definitely felt worse than the numbers tell us it was. I think it was because we failed to stop them when we really needed to.

Im not counting on offsetting flags for DOuglas to be moving at the snap.
Its not his ran stopping anyone should be worried about anyway.........

Back
Top Bottom