The New Fight Song

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
ok folks, since everyone was complaining about our fight song, my band has decided to go ahead and record a new one for everyone to enjoy. It is a seriously rockin tune as of now, but we are still working on the lyric side of things. It's kind of hard to write words about a football team and try and be serious.

When we get things done I will send up a link to an MP3 for everyone to hear. :)
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
even though the old one copies the oilers

i kinda liked it, but if you can come up with some material that is completely different, i await with abated breath!:D :D :D ;)
 

Scrap

Go Fins
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
10,241
Reaction score
450
Location
Chester,Va.
Great 87!!!I am anxious to hear your song.That old song sucks.(but it is catchy)
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
Kick ***!!! We anxiously await. I wish I had a band. I'm tired of playing with myself. Wait a sec.......:lol:
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by dolfan87
It's kind of hard to write words about a football team and try and be serious.
sounds like another contest - you write the music and we'll write the words ;)

first prize - is your words get sung on the new fight songs

Thanks - 87
 

TedDanson

Rookie
Joined
Apr 2, 2002
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by dolfan87
ok folks, since everyone was complaining about our fight song, my band has decided to go ahead and record a new one for everyone to enjoy. It is a seriously rockin tune as of now, but we are still working on the lyric side of things. It's kind of hard to write words about a football team and try and be serious.

When we get things done I will send up a link to an MP3 for everyone to hear. :)
Thank god. It's about time we stepped out of 1969! I am sure teh song rocks
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
good idea 39...let's hear some lyrics people!!

I have some stuff now, but I would love to be able to not have to think up all of them.

Actually I am completely surprised my band mates were into doing this...they could care less about football. But I told them that a lot of people would probably listen to it...so they are all into it now. lol

What a bunch of dorks huh? :D
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
Never underestimate the power of self-promotion, 87. :)
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
Re: Re: The New Fight Song

Originally posted by TedDanson


Thank god. It's about time we stepped out of 1969! I am sure teh song rocks
keep the old song, changing it now would be like changing the flag because you don't like the color!;)
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Re: Re: Re: The New Fight Song

Originally posted by dolfan06
keep the old song, changing it now would be like changing the flag because you don't like the color!;)
I agree in that - can you keep the old song's lyrics and put it to some rockin' tune ? :rocker: I could see it as a great candidate for Blink 182/punk-like cover song :band:
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
well, I can try.

06, this country has changed it's flag several times. The colors are the same, they just changed the design a bit. :)
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
well change the tune or the lyrics

Originally posted by dolfan87
well, I can try.

06, this country has changed it's flag several times. The colors are the same, they just changed the design a bit. :)
and then it will be altered just a little, LIKE THE FLAG!
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
they sure did,

Originally posted by dolfan87
well, I can try.

06, this country has changed it's flag several times. The colors are the same, they just changed the design a bit. :)
but the colors remained the same, it changed because they added more states!;)
 
Top Bottom