The New QB Class! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The New QB Class!

DolphinDevil28 said:
I can't believe this guy plays quarterback.

He looks absolutely NOTHING like a QB.

http://bgsufalcons.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jacobs_omar00.html

what makes him look absolutely nothing like a qb? (just saying that some people might take your comment the wrong way). it is rare to see a qb with dreads, but that's a florida thing. i can't believe a kid from delray beach got away from the florida schools, that's interesting.

painnotpleasure said:
:yes: Omar Jacobs. I've been following since last year and I've been impressed. He has great size and extremely fast speed to go along with a GREAT STRONG ARM. The guy is just LOADED with talent and potential, I would love him to be the future QB of this team.

EDIT: Sorry about that, didn't see your second post.

did someone say, "Daunte Culpepper?"

DeeAy3000 said:
Please include why you like them and what you think they can bring to the phins. Dont just post a name.

Correct me if Im wronge but all you did was post a name.

hunter5nc1 said:
I think Vince Young may turn out to be what Vick wasw supposed to be

Vince Young can't pass any better than Vick. That put a lot of pressure on Benson this year.

bakedmatt said:
Vince Young can't pass any better than Vick. That put a lot of pressure on Benson this year.

Vince is much thinner and cant make the big throws. Would worry about missing the big chances and durability.

Kinda like Whitehurst for his mastery of an O that is somewhat similar to a Linehan O. Have seen Omar play yet so Ill have to wait for this season and catch a BG game.

Since Matt Leinart (quite possibly the #1 pick at this juncture) is pretty much out of the question, I like these guys:

p1_darrellhackney-1.jpg
p1_omarjacobs-1.jpg
clear.gif
cutler020907c-1.jpg
p1_palko_si-1.jpg

Image 1: Darrell Hackney (6-2 / 235) - UAB Sr. - reminds me of Daunte Culpepper, who will most likely HAVE to sit his first season, but has the tools to toss the deep ball and run around defenders toward a 1st down. Raw, but talented. Looks like a strong arm from this angle. :eek:

Image 2: Omar Jacobs (6-4 / 224) - Bowling Green Jr. - His numbers are too good to deny, even though the talent surrounding him could be as misleading as I think it is for Matt Leinart at USC.

Image 3: Charlie Whitehurst (6-4 / 220) - Clemson Sr. - No doubt, he was near pitiful last year, but I think he'll bounce back. His football past is too storied and talented not to. See a trend here? All strong armed, mobile QBs.

Image 4: Jay Cutler (6-4 / 225) - Vanderbilt Sr. - A later-round pick. But I had heard that he was not the reason why Vanderbilt stinks. When I finally watched him (one game), while I thought he looked just okay on the field, I thought he was the only one trying to win for Vandy (his team was doing their best to drag him down). Much of my analysis is based upon what I've read about him. Oh yeah, he's got a strong arm (throws lasers, but maybe not the longest bomb) and is mobile enough. I think he'll get better.

Image 5: Tyler Palko (6-2 / 220) Pittsburgh Jr.- Gotta admit... Never seen the dude play. But the hype has been building around him since he strut his stuff last season, and his numbers back it up. I'm gonna be motivated to see him once or twice this season, if I can manage. I hope Wannstedt's new offense doesn't stunt his growth. Another supposed strong arm.

I hope the rest of you check out some games by these guys too. We gotta find our QB of the future.

FinaticPatch said:
Vince is much thinner and cant make the big throws. Would worry about missing the big chances and durability.

Kinda like Whitehurst for his mastery of an O that is somewhat similar to a Linehan O. Have seen Omar play yet so Ill have to wait for this season and catch a BG game.

I wouldn't worry about Vince Young's size:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107

... Just his passing.

Personally... I love Leinart but we aren't going to be in a position to draft him, or even go up and draft him.

Whitehurst is my choice. He's the #3 QB behind Leinart and Jacobs but his stock will soar with a good senior. Look at guys like Rivers and Smith whose stock soared and saw them get picked #4 and #1 respectively. I like him - he's got good size and should make for a decent pro.

finsnchips said:
Personally... I love Leinart but we aren't going to be in a position to draft him, or even go up and draft him.

Whitehurst is my choice. He's the #3 QB behind Leinart and Jacobs but his stock will soar with a good senior. Look at guys like Rivers and Smith whose stock soared and saw them get picked #4 and #1 respectively. I like him - he's got good size and should make for a decent pro.

If his stock "soars", wouldn't that put him out of reach? :tongue:

bakedmatt said:
I wouldn't worry about Vince Young's size:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107

... Just his passing.

Vick is 6 foot 215 that means for 5 extra inches he is only 230. That is a bit thin for a QB that takes off and gets hit as much as he does. Just couldnt see him lasting physically in the NFL. And we all know Vick is injury prone. That one that stay healthier and run are larger. Culpepper at 6 4 265 and Mcnabb although only 10 pounds heavier is 3 inches shorter so he is much better built to take hits.

finsnchips said:

All due respect, rivers did it his whole career. Alex Smiths senior campaign was much more his selling point.

FinaticPatch said:
All due respect, rivers did it his whole career. Alex Smiths senior campaign was much more his selling point.
True... but up until the Senior Bowl Rivers was considered a high second round pick... then there was talk of us getting him at #20.

Yes, he did it over his career... but his stock went up after his career had finished prior to the draft.

finsnchips said:
True... but up until the Senior Bowl Rivers was considered a high second round pick... then there was talk of us getting him at #20.

Yes, he did it over his career... but his stock went up after his career had finished prior to the draft.

True he had been doing it but it wasnt really noticed until extremely late in his college career.

I don't know why you guys are talking about drafting a quarterback next year, Brock Berlin will lead us to the promised land.
:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom