The NFL Combine Is Here | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL Combine Is Here

I'd love to have a very Iowa draft - Laporta and Campbell ...
I’m an Iowa Hawkeye fan and can say with confidence those two are prototypical “gamers.”

FYI - Recently fired Dolphins assistant LB coach, Steve Ferentz, is son to Iowa’s long time head coach, Kirk Ferentz. If the FO has been targeting Campbell and Laporte for awhile, hopefully they gleaned some intel.

When is the actual draft? I am too lazy to Google it and wanna manage my expectations on how more more pre draft topics I can expect till then.

Meaning with FA coming I would take a wait and see approach on saying we should def draft this or that guy at 51. Don't be surprised if we trade up with someone holding multiple picks before ours and all these take him at 51 become how to say politely pointless.

I know it passes the time to speculate but there will be so many moves before pick 51 comes up that penciling in a particular guy at this point is optimistic.
In Miami the locals have been talking about this draft for over a year BUT that was when we had two first rounders.

I was impressed by Gibbs yesterday. Not sure if he makes it to 51, though

42. TE LUKE MUSGRAVE, OREGON STATE

Musgrave's 4.61 40, 36-inch vertical and 10-foot-5 broad jump all backed up his billing as one of the best athletic projects in the draft class.

Click here for advanced stats, grades and a deep-dive analysis

43. WR TANK DELL, HOUSTON

Some lost their mind when Dell ran “just” a 4.49, only to learn later that it came with a 1.49 10-yard split, the third-fastest time in the WR class. The latter is far more indicative of how he wins as a receiver.

44. LB JACK CAMPBELL, IOWA

Campbell had one of the best combines of any prospect in attendance. He put up elite explosive numbers — a 1.59-second 10-yard split, 37.5-inch vertical and 10-foot-8 broad — at a hefty 249 pounds. Not only that, but also he blew up the change-of-direction figures with a 6.74-second three-cone and 4.24-second shuttle. That's a well-rounded linebacker.

45. CB TYRIQUE STEVENSON, MIAMI (FL)

Stevenson got lost in the shuffle of an insane corner class, but he did what he needed to, posting a 4.45-second 40, 38.5-inch vert and 10-foot-5 broad jump.

46. IOL LUKE WYPLER, OHIO STATE

Center is the least athletically-driven position in the NFL, but it was still nice to see Wypler back up what we saw on tape in the change-of-direction drills. He posted quality times in the short-shuttle (4.53) and three-cone (7.64).

47. S ANTONIO JOHNSON, TEXAS A&M

Johnson's numbers were pretty rough across the board. His 4.52 40 was fine, but his 31-inch vertical, 9-foot-10 broad jump and eight bench reps are all unsightly figures for a player with first-round aspirations.

48. ED TULI TUIPULOTU, USC

Tuipulotu didn't test, but we did figure out a couple of things at the combine. First, at 266 pounds, he's going to be an edge in the NFL after playing up and down the defensive line in college. Second, the man was really light on his feet in the on-field drills.

49. CB GARRETT WILLIAMS, SYRACUSE

Williams won't get any pre-draft testing as he continues to rehab his ACL injury. In a loaded cornerback class, he runs the risk of slipping come draft day because of it.

50. TE SAM LAPORTA, IOWA

LaPorta put on a show that will give GMs a lot to think about early on Day 2. He ran a 4.59-second 40 and put up a 6.91 three cone to hit the receiver daily double. Big, fast, and able to change directions is kind of the definition of tight end play.

51. RB JAHMYR GIBBS, ALABAMA

Just a few I copied from the link who are of interest.

Back
Top Bottom