The NFL Combine Is Here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL Combine Is Here

Jesus that is an impressive play

Seems like we should be in position to get 1 of the Top 3 TEs in this draft at 51?

Sadly, I don't think the position is as coveted by this coaching staff like we think.

Seems like we should be in position to get 1 of the Top 3 TEs in this draft at 51?

Sadly, I don't think the position is as coveted by this coaching staff like we think.
Absolutely should..

And you may have a good point considering Hill and Waddle are gonna get all the reps.

Absolutely should..

And you may have a good point considering Hill and Waddle are gonna get all the reps.

Unfortunately, I think that's part of the strategy that kills our offense. We say last season some teams were able to figure out how to slow down/shut down Waddle/Hill...Chargers come to mind.

Now they have to devote specific defense geared towards those two players in the secondary.

How in the world didn't our TEs and RBs feast in those games?

Unfortunately, I think that's part of the strategy that kills our offense. We say last season some teams were able to figure out how to slow down/shut down Waddle/Hill...Chargers come to mind.

Now they have to devote specific defense geared towards those two players in the secondary.

We had zero screen game in place, plus both backs don’t have very good hands.

I do think that MCD needs to change that and allow Tua to take check downs.

Here’s the issue though, Tua is programmed to throw to a spot not really to go thru reads. So there’s that

I think Ezukama can change all the dynamics though and Tua can see him in the middle of the field, once he gets the ball defenses are gonna have a hard time bringing him down with as much space that will be available.

Would love a back who had great hands so that can be schemed in as well but maybe it’s like waddle hill are just so good

McDaniel may not have trusted them.

TEs many times were held in to help block for those long developing plays. And when they did, Gesicki’s catch rate average was only 61%. Smythe was better at 76%, but was rarely schemed.

Mostert was pretty good at 75%, while Wilson really stunk at 50%.

We had zero screen game in place, plus both backs don’t have very good hands.

I do think that MCD needs to change that and allow Tua to take check downs.

Here’s the issue though, Tua is programmed to throw to a spot not really to go thru reads. So there’s that

I think Ezukama can change all the dynamics though and Tua can see him in the middle of the field, once he gets the ball defenses are gonna have a hard time bringing him down with as much space that will be available.

Would love a back who had great hands so that can be schemed in as well but maybe it’s like waddle hill are just so good

I'm not sure i completely agree with you. Mosert caught the ball just fine with the 49ers and Wilson a hell of a lot better than the guy we had before him(Edmonds).

I really think the biggest problem is between Tua/McD they're hell bent on pushing the ball down the field.

Tua is an "aggressive" QB and McD is an "aggessive" coach/play caller.

I think the offense would benefit and become even more potent once these two realize not every throw needs to be 10+ yards.

I'd love to have a very Iowa draft - Laporta and Campbell ... could we get both of those in 3rd? Seems risky

With how Laporta tested, he could be in the second round conversation now... Campbell didnt test as freakishly, but looks like a dang good lb.

Maybe a trade down from 51 could be ideal. Pick up a 4th or something

I wouldnt be shocked if we make some moves during FA to pick up a little something extra ...late rounders or something
highly doubt either of them get out of the 2nd round.....if we want either of them it'd have to be at 51 if they're even there

I'm not sure i completely agree with you. Mosert caught the ball just fine with the 49ers and Wilson a hell of a lot better than the guy we had before him(Edmonds).

I really think the biggest problem is between Tua/McD they're hell bent on pushing the ball down the field.

Tua is an "aggressive" QB and McD is an "aggessive" coach/play caller.

I think the offense would benefit and become even more potent once these two realize not every throw needs to be 10+ yards.
I know both backs had drops and I know both backs can’t catch a wheel route

Most backs can catch those little dump offs but to really be a threat you have to run deeper routes and line up everywhere

Not that speed is the most important thing for an rb but it’s a nice bonus

Curious to see Kendre Miller

Charbonnet and Bigsby mid 4.5s, not a shock but they will hurt ya on the runs

Rochon johnson and Kenny McIntosh a bit slower still but still could be good runners

When is the actual draft? I am too lazy to Google it and wanna manage my expectations on how more more pre draft topics I can expect till then.

Meaning with FA coming I would take a wait and see approach on saying we should def draft this or that guy at 51. Don't be surprised if we trade up with someone holding multiple picks before ours and all these take him at 51 become how to say politely pointless.

I know it passes the time to speculate but there will be so many moves before pick 51 comes up that penciling in a particular guy at this point is optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom