the o line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the o line

mike_vee

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
is it me or did ricky run through bigger holes when yates and jerman where playing than when nails and perry where playing. i think since the o line is so bad , we try starting these two guys and see what gives it can't be any worst than who they're playing right now and if they pan out maybe our qb's will have some time to throw . and dt should be benched in favor of mknight or newsom we need someone to stretch the field a bit so the safety's can back off the line ...

Yes he did. He should gain more against the Redskins. That makeshift line actually gets some leverage. Let them play together and next season with Wade Smith getting more experience and size and signing John Tait, combined with a gelled group of guys in the center will make our line atleast average. Add a guy in the draft, Whitley, and a backup LT and we should be just fine.

Originally posted by mike_vee
is it me or did ricky run through bigger holes when yates and jerman where playing than when nails and perry where playing. i think since the o line is so bad , we try starting these two guys and see what gives it can't be any worst than who they're playing right now and if they pan out maybe our qb's will have some time to throw . and dt should be benched in favor of mknight or newsom we need someone to stretch the field a bit so the safety's can back off the line ...

Yes he did, and the only thing i can figure out for the moment is that the new guys techniques are a little different, etc., causing a bit of hesitation perhaps on the D, just enough to make a difference.

I wonder should we go Smith, Yates, McKinney, Whitley, Wade. Would give a young line much experience for Dallas and New England, plus it would make the interior OL comfortable knowing that they are playing with the same guys they played with for three years.

The best performers deserve the playing time. When Yates and Jerman were in, the holes were bigger. They performed better, and they deserve playing time. The offensive line has been horrible this year, so we have to try something. Hopefully Yates and Jerman get a lot of playing time in the next game.

You can't put Jerman in there by choice because he is our only backup at both tackle spots. While he's very strong and would make a better guard than tackle, it's just not possible right now because we're about as deep as a baby pool on the OL.

as with overpursuit, belated problem solving, overdriving your headlights...

i'm sure we will have a better o-line next year, maybe a better coach or QB, or whatever. just in time to watch our aging defense losing another step.

hmmm, guess i'm feeling negative today.

I say put Whitley at RG for Muck's point, plus the fact that those three will be used to playing with each other.

If healthy you will see Ruddy, Nails and Perry. I know everyone thinks are coaching staff is extremely weak and stupid but if Yates, McKinney and Whitley were that much better don't you think they'd have been starting all along. The pass protection in the Ravens game was pretty good despite popular belief Brian just didn't make the throws (or they were dropped).

Who cares what they did in practice. They played well and deserve to start against the Redskins.

I gotta agree here. Ricky seemed to run better behind them. Maybe he kicke dit into a higher gear when seieng the srd stringers come in but I doubt it. Perhaps it was the defense or perhaps these guys were underestimated. Whatever the case, Ricky gained 100 and those guys deserve a chance to see if they can do it again.

Originally posted by Samphin
Whatever the case, Ricky gained 100 and those guys deserve a chance to see if they can do it again.

Do what again? gain 105 yards on 36 carries? that's 2.91 yards per carry. He's done better than that in previous games. Just because he got 100, doesn't mean it was better than a game where he got 40 on less carries.

Nah but that was because the starting OL palyed. When the starting OL played the rushing was 25 carries for 60 yards. When those young guys played it was 45 on 11 carries against a Baltimore tough defense.

Originally posted by Jaj
Nah but that was because the starting OL palyed. When the starting OL played the rushing was 25 carries for 60 yards. When those young guys played it was 45 on 11 carries against a Baltimore tough defense.

Oh ok....that makes more sense. I didn't realize they switched them and he did better with the other group. I only saw bits and pieces of that game during breaks from the saints game. I did see a nice 16 yard run...early on in the game.

Back
Top Bottom