The Official 2006 Seattle Mariners thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 Seattle Mariners thread

chris84chambers said:
i know im not the only one.....................(silence)................................damn i guess i am

Nope Im a rare breed of Dolphin, Mariner, and Knicks fan!!

I look for the M's to win the west this year Hernandez is gonna be a beast!

Winning the west is a stretch, but I feell 3rd is very possible, and it is my goal, maybe 2nd but I cant see it. Hernandez is going to be something special, Moyer still getting it done somehow. Ichiro is always amazing even with the off year last year he still was better then most, just not Ichiro numbers. Sexon is a beast, and I am really loking forward to seeing how Kenji Johjima turns out, all I have been hearing is how he is going to be great. Well here is to hoping all turns out well.

culpepper2chambers said:
my goal is 3rd........im lookin for beltre to do something this year.

Ya it would be nice if he stepped it up this year.

Just thought that I would through in a congrats to Ichiro for winning the WBC with Japan last night. It is nice to see someone from the M's have some success.

Kthurmus23 said:
Just thought that I would through in a congrats to Ichiro for winning the WBC with Japan last night. It is nice to see someone from the M's have some success.

Hey Beltre had a pretty good WBC. He hit 3 or 4 home runs. Hopefully he has a better season this year.

DBoston80 said:
Nope Im a rare breed of Dolphin, Mariner, and Knicks fan!!

I look for the M's to win the west this year Hernandez is gonna be a beast!

Win the West?

The Mariners finish fourth...MAYBE third if the Rangers pitching does'nt hold up.

Hernandez is a great young arm but he is'nt the best young pitcher in the division...that title belongs to Rich Harden.

The West will be an interesting division. My A's look great...if they get production from the middle of the order consistently (unlike last year) and Crosby and Harden stay healthy they win the West.

unifiedtheory said:
Win the West?

The Mariners finish fourth...MAYBE third if the Rangers pitching does'nt hold up.

Hernandez is a great young arm but he is'nt the best young pitcher in the division...that title belongs to Rich Harden.

The West will be an interesting division. My A's look great...if they get production from the middle of the order consistently (unlike last year) and Crosby and Harden stay healthy they win the West.

Count me in on the Oakland A's 2006 AL West Champion bandwagon. I really do believe that if Harden stays healthy the whole year the A's will win the West. I personally think Harden is in the Top 3 pitchers in the AL (Halladay and Santana are the other 2).

The A's might even have the best staff in baseball:
Harden, Zito, Blaton, Haren and a pen with Street and Justin Duchscherer. They have some tough pitching.

Ray Finkle said:
Count me in on the Oakland A's 2006 AL West Champion bandwagon. I really do believe that if Harden stays healthy the whole year the A's will win the West. I personally think Harden is in the Top 3 pitchers in the AL (Halladay and Santana are the other 2).

The A's might even have the best staff in baseball:
Harden, Zito, Blaton, Haren and a pen with Street and Justin Duchscherer. They have some tough pitching.
As long as they don't get off to there usual 8-20 start they'll be alright.

If Bradley keeps his head on straight (a big IF) and they get anything from Frank Thomas they'll score enough.

I agree with the best staff in baseball thing...Harden HAS to stay healthy though because he is electric when he's right. I remember a start last year when his 100th pitch of the night, in the 8th inning, was a 99 MPH moving fastball. Since he added the changeup last year he has become a complete pitcher.

On top of Blanton, Zito, Haren and Harden they have Esteban Loaiza. I know they overpaid for him but he's the best #5 starter in baseball in my opinion. He's decent insurence if Haren or Blanton regress.

My biggest concern is the bully though. Duchscherer, Colero and Street are money but they have no one to pitch to lefties in situations. Joe Kennedy is there only left handed option out of the pen but he is more of a long relief guy.

Sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread Mariner fans. :wink:

**** they played a good game and lost it in the 9th

kohjima hit one hr and one warning track so that was nice.

ichiro choked in the 6th :nono:

moyer pitched good besides the hr to vlad in the first.

but it was nice our offense could get intresting.

well today we are playin the a's loiaza vs meche

A's have the edge on pitching but bobby crosbey is hurt right?

im still lookin for beltre to do soemthing and betancourt was cold last game im lookin for him to get 2 hits and let ichiro get him in.i think its goin to be a good game but our bullpin could kill it for us again:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom