The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

GreenMonster checking in..

Lester looked great last year, he has great stuff. Hopefully this didn't take to much out of him because he could be a great addition at some point. I couldn't be more happy about our rotation this year.

I agree. The thing about Lester that really impressed me was how well he pitched with runners on base (granted he put them on the bases because he was wild at times) but the pressure didn't seem to bother him much.

I hope Lester is healthy for his own sake first, but I think he'll be helping the team out in June. I think the Sox will go slow with him and should for the few couple of months.

AHHHHH.. it's (one of) the most wonderful times of the year.. Red Sox baseball is right around the corner.

I haven't been posting much lately on the website, but hopefully that will change as the Sox season gets started.

Here's to a hell of a run in 2007 fellow Sox fans. Also, let's hope we get the real Coco Crisp (the guy we all know he's capable of being as he showed in Cleveland) this year.

I can't wait to see Daisuke's first start at Fenway.

And the lineup.. Ortiz, Ramirez and Drew is the best 3-4-5 combination in baseball.. and it's not even close.

Go Sox..

Ahhh.. the bullpen scares me.. The line up is great, the rotation is great the bullpen is below average. Guys need to step up this year and show why we drafted them. We should throw Hansen into the closing role. Make it his job to lose.

Ahhh.. the bullpen scares me.. The line up is great, the rotation is great the bullpen is below average. Guys need to step up this year and show why we drafted them. We should throw Hansen into the closing role. Make it his job to lose.

Ah I think someone in ST will have to earn the spot by pitching well. After now the Top 4 guys to get the role are Pineiro, Timlin, Donnelly and Taveras. I'd like to see Pineiro take it because he has at least 3 pitches to use to get hitters out, although I wouldn't be surprised if Taveras takes the job as he pitched very well down the stretch. I'm sure the Sox will give Hansen and Delcarmen a few chances to earn the spot but I don't think Hansen is quite ready for the major leagues right now. He was rushed up too soon and it really hurt his progress. The one positive is at least he realizes that (from the quotes and articles I read about him) so it's nothing like lost confidence like a Foulke or Kim situation which is good. Hansen is still considered to be the closer of the future, along with perhaps Bryce Cox.

Good article on the Sox and their rotation:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove06/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2760117

Also: Lester, Papelbon and Beckett are in camp as of today throwing. Thank god its almost April.

Great article that stressed we could be lights out or down and out. I am pretty sure that our rotation will be a great strength this year, especially if Lester can come back healthy, he was great last year and will add a lefty arm to the staff of righties.

Matsuzaka arrived at spring training today, I honestly can't wait to watch this guy pitch.

Jason Stark from ESPN just reported on Sportscenter that Daisuke throws 6 different pitches, however their is no gyro ball

Jason Stark from ESPN just reported on Sportscenter that Daisuke throws 6 different pitches, however their is no gyro ball

Gyro ball or no gyro ball no one will care as long as he wins baseball games. I can't wait until his first MLB start.

Back
Top Bottom