The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

So Foulkey is calling it a career, huh? Wow...

Yup, he was obviously burnt out from it due to injuries and his personal life. He hinted at retirement a lot last year saying he lost his passion for the sport and money didn't matter to him. Maybe someday he'll return as he's still young but either way I hope he comes back to Boston so he could get the proper send off and also to heal the old wounds from the "Johnny From Burger King" comments.

So Foulkey is calling it a career, huh? Wow...

I wish the relationship between him and the organization ended on a more positive note.

That man almost singlehandedly won the WS for us in 2004. I hope his accomplishments during that postseason aren't tainted because of the way things ended.

He was without a doubt the MVP of that team.

Some news:

According to Julian Taveras, Manny is going to be showing up to camp on March 1st (1 week late) due to his mother having surgery or something. Manny usually comes to camp on March 1st anyway so this is no big deal.

Also Schilling is in talks with Theo on a contract extension and thinks it will get done soon.

Red Sox are sporting new ST hats which are all red with the red B. They look ugly as hell, but just another way to make a few bucks as some fans will buy anything these days.

Full work outs start tomorrow.

Got my tickets today for August 7th when the Sox come to Anaheim. Hoping that luck is on my side and Matsuzaka pitches. Either way it is always a great game when the Red Sox come to town.

Got my tickets today for August 7th when the Sox come to Anaheim. Hoping that luck is on my side and Matsuzaka pitches. Either way it is always a great game when the Red Sox come to town.

I miss Sox games a ton.. I live in Atlanta so I can get my fill of NL teams, ya..

I can't wait for some games to see who all the guys in the bullpen are pitching.. Who wins the closer role will be interesting all the way to the end, since there are so many guys that could win the role..

Good stuff! I always try to catch an Angels/Sox game at Fenway at least once a year myself.

Anyway even if Dice-K doesn't pitch that game and assuming every one is healthy you'll still see a pretty good game with either Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon, Wakefield or Lester going. Come to think of it, these Red Sox/Angel games have potential to be pretty good games based on the potential of each team's starting pitching. Maybe you should get tickets for the other 2 games as well, maybe buy one for me and Green Monster and we'll meet you there :wink:

I am going to 2 games when Boston plays at Tampa during the summer(July i believe)

Good stuff! I always try to catch an Angels/Sox game at Fenway at least once a year myself.

Anyway even if Dice-K doesn't pitch that game and assuming every one is healthy you'll still see a pretty good game with either Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon, Wakefield or Lester going. Come to think of it, these Red Sox/Angel games have potential to be pretty good games based on the potential of each team's starting pitching. Maybe you should get tickets for the other 2 games as well, maybe buy one for me and Green Monster and we'll meet you there :wink:

Yeah, should be some good matchups. I'd like to see Dice-K but a lot of good possibilities. Nothing like seeing Vlad connect on the knuckle ball :wink:

Forget about you coming to LA, I want to see Fenway!

Yeah, should be some good matchups. I'd like to see Dice-K but a lot of good possibilities. Nothing like seeing Vlad connect on the knuckle ball :wink:

Forget about you coming to LA, I want to see Fenway!

I've said it a million times but every baseball fan has to see Fenway, Wrigley and Yankee Stadium at least once. But Fenway and Wrigley are by far my favorite stadiums.

Manny reported early (for him that is) to camp, as he came today. So now that everyone is there it's time to get back to business.

First game is Thursday I believe against Northeastern and Daisuke is pitching Friday night vs. BC which will be on NESN (until he comes out of the game).

Schilling looked good last night, and Lester is throwing today. Our pitching staff has a real chance to throw out a quality arm every night, ala the 05' White Sox. Injuries will add up I am sure, but atleast this year I feel we have a little depth if Lester is ready too.

Back
Top Bottom