The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

You're right, it never does work. I don't think that it will be a closer by committe type deal though. Spring training isn't over yet and deals can still be made. If not, it will be Timlin's job to lose.

Paps still needs to be the starter regardless. 100-120 pitches every 5 days. Being a closer will shorten his shelf-life.. Too much inconsistency on his arm.. A guy like Pap needs regimine.

With Timlin being out for this long, I think the job will go to Piniero who has been pitching well lately.

This rumor should make for some interesting talk radio according to the SF paper the Sox called about Benitez over the weekend. Let me be the first to say I'd rather have a closer by committe than Benitez who is terrible in big spots and hasn't been good for awhile.

BEAT NY, BEAT NY, BEAT NY.. :lol:

Seriously this whole spring training thing is getting old very fast, is it almost opening day?

BEAT NY, BEAT NY, BEAT NY.. :lol:

Seriously this whole spring training thing is getting old very fast, is it almost opening day?

I can't wait. Being a Bucks fan I haven't watched much NBA, and Uconn didn't even make the NIT this year, missing the a postseason tourney for the 1st time since 1990. I can't wait for Opening Day.

Good article on Jacoby Ellsbury:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/03/11/ellsbury_a_rare_talent/

The article mentions that scouts project Ellsbury to be like Johnny Damon with the bat and a future gold glover in CF. I must say if Ellsbury is anywhere near Damon with the bat I'd be very happy.

Also good article on Matsuzaka and his 'bad' game yesterday:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/03/12/pitcher_the_picture_of_calm/

P.S. Patsy I was wrong Pavano IS making the start tonight.

yeah, ummmm 2 whole days and not a single update here? what do you think i pay you guys for?

is anyone even DOWN THERE in Ft. Myers? how RUDE!!!! is this thing ON!?...

:cool:

yeah, ummmm 2 whole days and not a single update here? what do you think i pay you guys for?

is anyone even DOWN THERE in Ft. Myers? how RUDE!!!! is this thing ON!?...

:cool:

Sorry Press, I take full responsibility for the lack of updates, however sometimes no news is good news.

But just for you here's a few updates:

-Timlin might begin the year on the DL (maybe the best thing for the club and him).

-Kyle Synder has been pitching very well and will either make the team as a long man/spot starter or even talk of him being a 'dark horse' for the closer's role. He also looks a lot like Bronson Arroyo and actually reminds me of him a lot. Also he does have some trade value too.

-Theo came out and said the team will probably not trade for a closer before Opening Day.

-Best news of all: a Red Sox official came out and said the Red Sox have no talked to the Giants about Benitez at all.

So there you good, keep checking back for more updates Press! Sorry to have let you down.

Red Sox exploring closer options

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/ml...ed-Sox-exploring-closer-options?urn=mlb,26791

By Tim Brown
PHOENIX, Ariz. - Keep an eye on the Boston Red Sox, who suddenly are getting very active in their search for a closer.

Al Nipper on Friday afternoon scouted Milwaukee Brewers right-hander Derrick Turnbow, who pitched well against the Los Angeles Angels, and on Friday night scouted Arizona Diamondbacks right-hander Jorge Julio, who was so-so against the Oakland A's.​
The San Francisco Giants would love to dress up Armando Benitez over the next week or so, making him attractive to the Red Sox. Benitez touched 93 mph on Saturday against the Colorado Rockies, and the Giants believe he'll be at 95 by next week.​
I've also heard scuttlebutt RE: Brad Lidge...

I'd take a chance with Lidle and possibly even Turnbow but Jorge Julio and Benitez will just be a complete disaster in Boston.

Timlin is going to start the season on the DL so either Pineiro (who has been pitching very well lately) or Julian Taveraz will get the closer's job to start the season. Which in my opinion is for the best because I doubt Timlin could stay healthy and good through the whole season.

Got to watch Dice-K on ESPN today and he looked very good dialing it upto 96 and throwing some wicked breaking balls. He had pretty good location of his pitches and at one time sat down 10 straight.

Got to watch Dice-K on ESPN today and he looked very good dialing it upto 96 and throwing some wicked breaking balls. He had pretty good location of his pitches and at one time sat down 10 straight.

yea, he looked good. also, anyone notice the game was in bradenton? bradenton represent! :cooldude:

but for real, dicek looks good. cant imagine what he will do to the devil rays. :mad:

i seen the sportscenter highlight of his game, he looked dominate

Papelbon will return to closers run. Don't have a link yet, saw it on espn's bottom line

Papelbon will return to closers run. Don't have a link yet, saw it on espn's bottom line

I am watching the game. Got to love this news, our bullpen is still subpar, but Papelbon is a rock as the closer. If our rotation stays healthy we are gonna be a very tough team this year. I would think Kyle Snyder would probably be the 5th starter till Lester is ready. He has looked pretty good this spring.

Back
Top Bottom