The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

Bad news it looks like Schilling will miss all of the 08 season with a major sholder injury. Good thing the Sox still have Tavaras on the team for when Wake goes down now. Maybe Coco can land us a decent 4th or 5th starter now.

Bad news it looks like Schilling will miss all of the 08 season with a major sholder injury. Good thing the Sox still have Tavaras on the team for when Wake goes down now. Maybe Coco can land us a decent 4th or 5th starter now.

Certainly depressing news, hopefully he won't need surgury. What took so long to find this. He was hurt last year with the same injury and they are just now taking a look at it and thinking surgury. Couldn't this have been done in early November. How did he pass a physical for a new contract with this? Questions people.

Certainly depressing news, hopefully he won't need surgury. What took so long to find this. He was hurt last year with the same injury and they are just now taking a look at it and thinking surgury. Couldn't this have been done in early November. How did he pass a physical for a new contract with this? Questions people.

Yeah it's a little fishy. You'd think the Sox would absolutely make him take a physical with MRIs on the arm/elbow/shoulder.

Anyway I'm off the ledge now. Yeah it hurts a little bit, but bottom line I don't think there was a Sox fan that thinks Schilling would have made 30 starts this year. Hell Clay Buchholz might even be the better option than Schilling for '08 and definitely the future. What's going to hurt the Sox is when Wakefield goes down for awhile, does Tavaras step in?

Yeah it's a little fishy. You'd think the Sox would absolutely make him take a physical with MRIs on the arm/elbow/shoulder.

Anyway I'm off the ledge now. Yeah it hurts a little bit, but bottom line I don't think there was a Sox fan that thinks Schilling would have made 30 starts this year. Hell Clay Buchholz might even be the better option than Schilling for '08 and definitely the future. What's going to hurt the Sox is when Wakefield goes down for awhile, does Tavaras step in?

even before this news about schilling i heard they were intersted in kyle lohse...some maybe there interest will now pick up..also there is no doubt that coco could land us a 4th or 5th starter for '08..i love curt but tbh i rather have clay up in the majors this year worse case scenario tavarrez starts a few games for us..donr forget masterson is not that far off..his sinker is nasty thats why u dont trade for players for santana cause u got the young pups now 2 help us

even before this news about schilling i heard they were intersted in kyle lohse...some maybe there interest will now pick up..also there is no doubt that coco could land us a 4th or 5th starter for '08..i love curt but tbh i rather have clay up in the majors this year worse case scenario tavarrez starts a few games for us..donr forget masterson is not that far off..his sinker is nasty thats why u dont trade for players for santana cause u got the young pups now 2 help us

If they can sign Lohse to a 1 year deal, sure go get him but if he's looking for 3 or 4 years forget it. Let's go to war with who we have and see who's available in July (if we would even need anyone). People forget that between Kason Gabbard and Julian Tavarez they started 30 games for the Sox in '07. The Sox can definitely compete with a rotation of Beckett, MAtsuzaka, Lester, Wakefield and Buchholz with Tavarez as 6th starter and Masterson in Triple A waiting to get called up. The Sox also have Hansack in Triple A too who they could use as an emergency.

It hurts not having Schilling because we lose 1 man in the depth chart but again who's to say Buchholz wouldn't be better anyway?

If they can sign Lohse to a 1 year deal, sure go get him but if he's looking for 3 or 4 years forget it. Let's go to war with who we have and see who's available in July (if we would even need anyone). People forget that between Kason Gabbard and Julian Tavarez they started 30 games for the Sox in '07. The Sox can definitely compete with a rotation of Beckett, MAtsuzaka, Lester, Wakefield and Buchholz with Tavarez as 6th starter and Masterson in Triple A waiting to get called up. The Sox also have Hansack in Triple A too who they could use as an emergency.

It hurts not having Schilling because we lose 1 man in the depth chart but again who's to say Buchholz wouldn't be better anyway?

We'll give you Lohse, you give my Phil's Beckett. :woot:

This sucks but I didn't expect much from him this season anyway, he should call it quits unless him returning late in the season like September is possible which right now seems very unlikely.

I concur.

Though, this could have a huge impact in the postseason (assuming we get there) where we'll need him again.

there seems to be numerous mixed reports on the severity of Schilling's injury. I've heard all of '08, half of '08 and will be ready by opening day. I guess it all depends on whether or not he opts for surgery.

there seems to be numerous mixed reports on the severity of Schilling's injury. I've heard all of '08, half of '08 and will be ready by opening day. I guess it all depends on whether or not he opts for surgery.

Good to see you around again, Rocky.

The surgeon was on the radio today. Said if Schilling doesn't get surgery, he'll never pitch again. Post-surgery, his timetable would be Aug/Sep

The surgeon was on the radio today. Said if Schilling doesn't get surgery, he'll never pitch again. Post-surgery, his timetable would be Aug/Sep

I heard that as well Fin, on WEEI. It was a pretty gloom prognosis, to say the least.

I heard that as well Fin, on WEEI. It was a pretty gloom prognosis, to say the least.

Yikes, was this Dr. Morgan they same one that they quoted yesterday saying it wasn't that bad. I wish Curt would just get the thing fixed and see how he feels at the end of August.

Yikes, was this Dr. Morgan they same one that they quoted yesterday saying it wasn't that bad. I wish Curt would just get the thing fixed and see how he feels at the end of August.

Hey GM, if you go to WEEI and the Dennis and Callahan homepage, you can listen to the interview in it's entirety.

Listening to it definitely didn't inspire much confidence in his ability to pitch this season.

Back
Top Bottom