***The Official 2008 Summer Olympics Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2008 Summer Olympics Thread***

LOL @ this post. The Men's team sure has gotten knocked around haven't they? The Greeks and Spaniards really put up the good fight against them!!!:sidelol:

Phelps gets to 8 Medals...best Olympian ever IMO.

Hitting 3 pointers and playing like a team means big wins for USA and happy to eat crow to get gold.

Wade was really big. Came in early when game still close against Greece and took control with scoring, passing, defense. After the team gotten a little down and chippy...3 fouls against Kidd in 2 minutes:rolleyes:. Wade came in all businsess and the the team hasn't looked back since.

What's amazing to me is with all Phelps medals so far, he's still just 23. What was the woman USA swimmer's name that made team at 41? If Phelps gets in another couple olympics...wow.

I think the biggest turnaround from the basketball team is that they had to make a committment. In the past I don't think alot of the guys wanted to be there. Nobody can deny that team USA has always had the best talent. Though by making a committment the team was allowed to gel.

As good as they're playing I bet fans will complain when some of the players show after effects of having no time off.

I am sure this has been mentioned already, but is anyone else mesmerized by women's beach volleyball? I just watched the american team win the semifinals. They were awesome in several ways. :woot:

We Wuz robbed

Should have got the women's gold on the Uneven bars.

Screw Australia and their incompetent judges! (and that stupid tie breaking system)

Has anyone watch Messi from argentina in the games. He is amazing.

Watching this 2008 Olympic team makes me even more sick to my stomach remembering the 2004 team.

If we are 50 points better than Europe/Asia now, even with a team of primarily "second and third options" in 2004 how were we not winning games still by 10-20 points? Let alone LOSING games to Greece and Puerto Rico and Lithuania!

Men's team destroyed Aussies 116-85.:woot:

That Jamacian runner Bolt was awesome breaking world record in 100 & 200. At 6'5 has to the tallest sprinter I've ever seen...and what a name, his nickname has to be Lightning.

US women playing Brazil for gold. Got blown out by them last year 4-0...Marta's got mad skills. Revenge will be sweet.

:shakeno:Just found out softball and baseball are going to be eliminated...but still have shooting and trampolining.:rolleyes:

May-Walsh win beach volleyball!

I really love watching this women's sport...a lot.:d-day:

I think USA will beat Argentina. Though watching Manu Ginobili in International play really shows off how good of a player he is.

Congrats to the Women's Olympic Soccer team in beating a tough Brazil team for the gold. If only the men's version would give us something better to watch.

It was broken down that Bolt's time in the 40 would of been 3.53 if you went just by breaking down his 200 time. Obviously with the start and the time it took to get to top speed it'd be higher. Though I think still under 4.

Argentina Rules!...Olympic soccer champs again!.:woot:

Vamos Argentina!!!:hi5:

We're kickin' butt and takin' names in most of the team sports.

Goin' for gold in:

Men's basketball
Women's basketball
Men's indoor volleyball

USA!!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!

For David Stern's sake it's a good thing NBA games are officiated like International games. I think a Ron Artest incident would happen every night if that were the case. I almost expected Carmelo Anthony to sucker-punch one of the Argentinian players and the sprint down the court.

Back
Top Bottom