The **Official** Boxing Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The **Official** Boxing Thread

LightsOut said:
hopkins wins. UD.

i didn't give tarver a single round.

i gave him 1. in which hopkins was lookin as if he was taking the entire round off.....he dominated every facet of the game plain and simple

im leaving to go watch the Wright and Taylor fight. should be a good one. i have no clue who i even think will win really.

Nappy Roots said:
im leaving to go watch the Wright and Taylor fight. should be a good one. i have no clue who i even think will win really.

i'll have it on as well - any boxing fans know what the latest is with my boy ike quartey...?

d-day said:
i'll have it on as well - any boxing fans know what the latest is with my boy ike quartey...?

august 5th ike quartey vs. vernon forrest

not quite sure how that one judge gave the last round to wright but i definitely agree with the draw - winky ****ed up though - he gave the win away - i can't believe he didn't fight that last round becuase he thought it was all wrapped up - he fights and wins that round, he wins the fight...

I didn't get to see it. Couldn't get home in time. :(

Muck said:
I didn't get to see it. Couldn't get home in time. :(

a real good fight muck - nice contrast on different fighting styles - winky was smart backing taylor in the corners - love to see a rematch - taylor ok'ed it but winky seemed against it in the post fight interview...

Def the best skilled fight of the year, my 2nd choice for fight of the year. High contact, great stuff. I thought the Winkster clearly won the fight (I had it 7-4-1) and cannot understand why HBO was railing on the 12th. Winky contolled the flow and pace and dictated the round. JT threw a lame flurry at about the minute mark and that was it. HBO(mostly Lamps) was horrendous tonight as it is clear now that they cannot be objective.

draw is fair.

i disagree that winky backed taylor into the ropes. taylor was going there on his own. i think he might have been looking for a rest cause he's not used to fighting at that pace.

i agree with DDay and lights out. Great fight, and draw was fair. though i had it 6-5-1 Winky, no way can you argue agaisnt a draw. great fight.

fins2923 said:
Def the best skilled fight of the year, my 2nd choice for fight of the year. High contact, great stuff. I thought the Winkster clearly won the fight (I had it 7-4-1) and cannot understand why HBO was railing on the 12th. Winky contolled the flow and pace and dictated the round. JT threw a lame flurry at about the minute mark and that was it. HBO(mostly Lamps) was horrendous tonight as it is clear now that they cannot be objective.

Winky controlled the flow and pace of round 12? not at all. Taylor clearly was the argesser, and thats why he won the round and fight. Winky just bounced around and tried to stay out of trouble.....

Great fight. The draw was a fair decision I thought.

ESPN had it 115-113 Taylor

AP had it 116-112 Wright

I had it 115-113 Taylor as well.

Good fight, I hope they do it again and I hope JT knocks Winky's *** out for actin like a buster after the fight.

Back
Top Bottom