The OFFICIAL Dolphins VS. Texans Prediction Thread..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The OFFICIAL Dolphins VS. Texans Prediction Thread.....

237-3
It will be close to a shut out, but no dice

Dolphin 39
Texans 3

We score on the second play of the opening drive with a BOMB to Chambers for 65 Yards and the TD.

ST - 1 TD
D - 1 TD (3 INT's and 1 FF)

You Gotta Believe!:fire:

I cannot see the Texans offense scoring a touchdown on us, unless their defense gives them good field position. However, I think we'll stick to the ground game with Ricky most of the day, limiting turnover opportunities.

Ricky will rush for one score, and catch a swing pass for another. Look for McMichael to come in and prove that he's among the elite tight ends in the league. He has a good shot at catching a TD pass. I don't see much action out of our WRs; we'll use them for sure but no deep bombs, just some high pecentage passes. We shouldn't fall behind in the game, so having to hit Chambers on the deep ball won't be neccessary. However, just to give the Texans a surprise, we could try a deep bomb on the first play of the game, when they'll probably be expecting Ricky to run it.

The defense will dominate. Our defensive line and linebacking corps will make running the ball impossible, given Houston's weak offensive line. When they're forced to pass, look for JT and O-gun to put some serious pressure on Carr, hopefully getting a few sacks, or forcing some bad throws to put our DBs in a position to make a pick. The Texans receiving corps is very raw, and our veteran DBs will have no problem making life hell for them.

The Texans do have a strong suit on defense though, and their secondary isn't all that bad. That's why I think we'll go with Ricky and the ground game to control the clock and field position. We won't score a lot of points, but all I care about is the win.

Final score, 27-6. The Texans might score some field goals, but that's about it.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Couldnt wait here's my prediction

Dolphins 28 - Texans 10

Dolphins 30 - Texans 3

I like that scores Jets fans :evil:

well you don´t have to trail, to throw the deep ball, i think one long ball over 40yds is a possibility, besides ricky, i think McMichael has a big game with a TD and the D will just be swarming all over the place, i have a tough time to think houston could score 10 points on us, so i think it´s

34-3 Dolphins

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
I disagree. You don't think Dave's learned his lesson from not finishing before??? He's said so many times this offseason that finishing is their first priority.

Dave will send a message on opening day.

Every years someone says "You don't think Dave's learned his lesson from not finishing before?" I've said it myself, and then the season starts and the answer is always nope not yet. But hey it's a new year lets see if he's learned anything this year.
:eat:

Originally posted by inFINSible No, I mean when they count up the W's at the end of the season it's not going to matter how bad we beat the Texans. We should stay in our base D from last year and don't show our new schemes, if the Texans can come back in garbage time and make the score look respectable , so be it.

I doubt that the Texans will even be able to do anything against our bread and butter D anyway.

Let there be questions and rumblings until they NEED to be answered, then bust out the surprises.

I see your point, but I don't agree with it. I feel if in the 4th Houston starts to comeback, step on them and put them away. Eventually every team throws the cards on the table. Yes at the end of the years it doesn't matter, but it does matter during the season, and at the end when teams are tied for 1st and the tie breakers come into play, especially in the AFC east where it will be tight.
Not only that but I think there's a confidence in beating a team down that you are superior to, I meen sneeking out a 23-21 win agains the Cards, Lions or Bengals doesn't exactly boost the confidence of a superbowl contender, and the Fins need all the confidence they can muster going into December. This team has a history of blowing leads in big games, so anytime it's in the fourth quarter and the the Fins go into it's shell I cringe, the offense goes three and out and the defense plays soft, well it hasn't worked in the past so lets learn from our mistakes already. I tend to agree with former players/coaches that hate when teams do that. But everone has an opinion on how football should be played and we're no different.
:)

Originally posted by xiidaen
But I agree, the win is what's important, not the score.
Couldn't disagree more, I don't think that the Fins should be looking to blow every team out by 30 or 40 points, but if they do have a large lead keep it. That "play soft defense with a big lead" may have worked somewhat in the 70's 80's and early 90's but all it does in todays NFL is promote confidence and momentum in the losing team. especially if it's in their house with the crowd getting involved.
:eek:

Ok, call me a homer...

Texans 19
Dolphins 10

But to be honest, I would go to message boards from other teams every game last year and I would see similar predictions, but it seems like after every game they would tell us how we put such a scare into them and that we were better than they thought we would be. That's what I actually predict. We hang around until the 4th quarter then Miami gets a couple of quick scores to make it look like they beat the Texans worse then they did.

We beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and beat the Giants (both Playoff teams). We had a chance to win in the 4th quarter against the Titans in both games, the Eagles, and Browns (all Playoff teams) and several other close games against decent teams. The only games where we really looked bad was against the Bengals (go figure) and the Chargers. And we had a stinker in Indianapolis when we had no offense.

I think it will be closer than you think, but the Dolphins win.

Back
Top Bottom