The OFFICIAL "Jumping off the bandwagon" Thread.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The OFFICIAL "Jumping off the bandwagon" Thread....

Stoops...

Originally posted by RikWriter
...which is why I want Wannstedt and Bates fired.

DITTO! Let's hope Stoops wins the National Championship this year and finally tires of beating up college coaches that can't keep up with him... AND so he steps up to being the Miami Dolphins head coach AND defensive coord.!

THAT... would get me back on the bandwagon.

You know...

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
This one time on the Bandwagon I stuck a flute in hie A$$ :lol:

Wanny DOES have that look like he has a flute... (stupid ****!) :yell:

Wanny, that is - not you, PhinPhreak (as a matter of fact, I'm thinking that you and about a dozen other fans on this board could do a better job coaching... and that goes for Bates, too [another "stupid ****!" - no, actually, he's an even BIGGER stupid ****!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by justafan
Some fans can be too emotionally hyped. It's tuesday now and the initial shock would have subsided a bit.

Overreaction by fans of both the positive and negative side happens a lot.

Bills fans, the less realistic ones are shouting Superbowl after one game. They forget that the fins of last year got of to a great start and missed the playoffs. (no smack intended) I guess beating a team hyped up by media with their new aquisitions help in making these fans think we are a great team after 1 game. It probably could could just be that the Pats are not as good as we thought they are.

Finfans. The sky is falling after 1 game. Some forget how the Jets were left for dead last year . Up until the 15th week the bills, fins and Pats were still in the playoff race. The jets came from behind to take the division.

Finfans are mostly in shock. After consistently having great starts and not being beaten at home in the last 11 openning games , you guys are spoiled rotten forgetting that the fins are not invincible. It was only a matter of time when the fins were gonna get beat in the first game at home. This year was it. It's just the first game.

You got it JAF, It's amazing what emotion does, but once people calm down it's back to normal till the next game. I have heard so many opinions on teams after week 1 that it amazes me.

I have seen Bills fans talking about their D being the best ever, to Fin Fans quitting to People saying Kordell Sucks (Well that one has always been said).

Truth is it's only one game good or bad, now that the smoke has settled the true fans will be ready for next weeks kickoff, We as Fin Fans should know better then anybody it's not how you start the season it's how you end it.

While we have every reason to be upset, (IMHO there is no way after how they ended last season they should of lost that first game no matter who they were playing, they should have been so blood thirsty that the other team should have been begging for the game to end).

There are still 15 more games to go, so let's see what we get the rest of the season.

Re: I'll bite (and, no, it's NOT a case of reverse psych.)

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
I'm off the wagon, people... OFFICIALLY. My guess is we'll finish anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6. In any event, we miss the playoffs AGAIN.

And you heard this here FIRST: we WILL lose to the Jets... AND the Bills will smell blood and we WILL lose to them to start the season 0-3. From there, who really cares? The wheels will have come off.

Sorry everbody, but I'm going on "FEELING". And what I felt from the team on Sunday is... that THEY are NOT "feeling" it. That could change - yes - but, right now, I seriously doubt it.

Again, sorry. But I've wasted enough time with it. I can't keep watching a team that is SO undisciplined and SO lacking in heart. It's not about the loss... it's about HOW they've been playing dating back to the Minn. game from last year.

Maybe Sunday's loss was the BEST thing that could have happened to the 'Fins. Perhaps. I haven't given up ALL hope. But, as a fan, I've definitely lost interest. These guys are losers.

Boy with fans like you I'm sure the Phins don't want any enemies! I fully expect to see a turnaround from them...being a Jets fan I would rather not...but realistically I can't see them having such a stinker repeat performance...odds are against it. Great post JAF! If more teams' fans had that outlook it would be a much nicer place...especially on all the various boards! ;)

The Mezz

81.....I aint letting you go!

If you can't bare to watch the games......then cover your face with both hands and peek through your fingers but, make sure you hang onto this bandwagon with your toes because you're going to want a seat when the wagon starts rolling again!......Hang in there man.

For real 81, I know you can't possibly be serious. Hang in there buddy we are going to be fine..

Without its fans this team ain't sh**! Even the players know this.

I watched the game again and ended up feeling much better about the loss. Derrius Thompson missed a catchable deep ball early on, he's got to catch those or J.R.Tolver will. Also, Derrius just let that pass get picked in front of him. He's got to battle for that football and I didn't like his route running. I believe he'll play much better or he'll be watching from the bench. Tolver is very good. Houston outcoached us by going 8 in the box and man up on recievers. Their corners are very good players. No embarassment to have good players make plays against you. Ex-Jets, Yuch!! On O the 3 step drop was working for them, as a result no sacks. Even Taylor couldn't get in there. Jay wasmissing open guys badly, I have to believe he'll play better. Cris Chambers was awesome so now we have to find another wideout thats a good mix with CC, Tolver? I think we'll do better with Dixon in there, we always do. I feel a big rebound game coming this week.

The thing i dont uderstand is.. how could a fan quit being one?? this is your team whether you go 16-0 or 0-16 ... you dont just "quit" .... i cant beleive im reading this stuff after ONE game.. one game people.. unbeleivable.. the Jets started 1-3 last year and won the division.. you've got more talent than they did last year except for QB.

Man, people cannot really seem to diffrentiate between criticizing your team and "jumping off the bandwagon." People miss the point. They say well if you are going to piss and moan about the game, why not quit being a fan? Well, they fail to realize that the criticism, for the most part, comes from caring a whole hell of a lot about this team.

Secondly, people who "quit" being fans? :lol: If only it were that easy. Being a fan of a team, if you truly are one, is a terrible habit to break. There are so many times I have not wanted to be associated with a team and/or player, but for the life of me, I always watch.

The only time I would have been screwed was this passed SuperBowl. I bet that if the Raiders won the SuperBowl, I would not watch another NFL game until there was a new champion (I really hate the Raiders). You never seen someone root for the Bucs so hard in your life. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom