The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

The latest Chad Ford rumor:

Ricky Davis, J-Will, & Dorell for Wally & Earl Watson.

Yeah, I'd probably kill myself.

Seattle gets 2 expirings, Miami gets two contracts that expire after 2008-2009. On top of that, Seattle gets Dorell Wright and Miami fails to receive any young talent in return. Throw Miami a bone like Delonte West and maybe it's worthy of consideration.

The only positive I see with that is that Pat Riley is obviously linked to Elton Brand. The idea presented to me by Ira when I emailed him about it is that Miami can't sign Brand outright, but Wally & Earl will have HUGE expirings in 2008-2009, so a sign-and-trade for Brand could possibly work out since LAC may be pushing towards the rebuilding process.

In that sense, we'd still have our mid-level.

Hypothetically speaking (which probably has a 2% chance of happening),

G - Derrick Rose
G - Dwyane Wade
F - ?
F - Elton Brand
C - Shaquille O'Neal

If Boston wins the title, maybe Posey opts out. :up::up::up:

Or, maybe we get the #1 pick and land Michael Beasley.

On a side note,

Why do I see Riley dealing our potential #1-5 pick for a veteran, ala Boston's Ray Allen trade? I just see it happening because Riley is a stubborn ***** who lacks the patience as he knows Shaq's window is closing (if it didn't already close). See, for Boston I thought it was a fine trade even without the later KG addition because there wasn't a single player left on the board aside from Brewer (no, I do not like Jeff Green) worthy of the #5 selection. But for Miami, we're probably going to get around the #5 pick at the very worst.

I see a ton of players in this draft with top 5 potential:

-Michael Beasley
-Derrick Rose
-Eric Gordon
-DeAndre Jordan
-Jerryd Bayless
-Donte Greene
-O.J. Mayo (who will probably go around 8-10, but should be higher)

I told you all that Smush Parker would suck and Jason Williams was goign to have a bad year, turnover prone as he is.

Jason Williams was goign to have a bad year, turnover prone as he is.

Seems I've heard that one before. Please do elaborate. If you're going to be self aggrandizing at least have a certain measure of truth in your proclamations.

I told you all that Smush Parker would suck and Jason Williams was goign to have a bad year, turnover prone as he is.

Yeah seriously 31, you whiffed pretty bad with this one. J-Will is consistently at the top of the league in Turnover to assist ratio. If there is one thing J-Will does NOT do..is turnover the basketball.

Pretty much the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

Maybe he was referring to Smush, but even then it'd be a ridiculous statement, lol.

The more I see DeAndre Jordan play, the less I want the Heat to draft him. 75% of the time he posts someone up, he travels and ends up getting directly below the rim jacking up a shot that looks like a botched reverse lay-up.

What I really want to know is why Mickey Arison doesn't man up and go over the luxury tax threshold. What, is he satisfied with just one championship?

Miami Heat, the quintessential find a way to lose team. They should just stand in the court and let every team run around them... oh wait, they already do that. This is getting really pathetic.

What I really want to know is why Mickey Arison doesn't man up and go over the luxury tax threshold. What, is he satisfied with just one championship?
I saw in an interview his excuse was a bad lease with the AAA that doesn't allow him substantial profit.
clear.gif

The more I see DeAndre Jordan play, the less I want the Heat to draft him. 75% of the time he posts someone up, he travels and ends up getting directly below the rim jacking up a shot that looks like a botched reverse lay-up.

just remember these things about Jordan
1)He's very young
2)He's very raw
3)A&M does not run plays for him. A&M in recent years had been about Law/Wright/Jones. With 2 of the 3 now in the NBA it's Jones/Kirk/Carter. Jordan get's most of his points off garbage buckets. He has not developed his offense yet.

I see a ton of players in this draft with top 5 potential:

-Michael Beasley
-Derrick Rose
-Eric Gordon
-DeAndre Jordan
-Jerryd Bayless
-Donte Greene
-O.J. Mayo (who will probably go around 8-10, but should be higher)

Talent wise, Mayo is top 5, but he is not a PG, and he is a chucker. Heat need either Rose or Beasley, maybe Jordan.

As for why the Heat are so bad... they do not have good compliments for Shaq/Wade. WHo in their right mind thought Smush Parker would be a good signing, especially after watching him play the past 2 years.

He said that he would go over the tax for the RIGHT player. namely a superstar...a Brand type.

So in essence..he wouldn;t to just sign bench players. They were gonna go over for Mo Williams...so that tells you that Mickey doesn't mind it.

I know you saw him pour in 37 points on 50% shooting..that is all fine and all...

But he couldn't defeat the double teams again tonight..because nobody could hit a shot.

Tonight was SHAQ and Wade vs. a nice young team in the Trailblazers..not enough. But at least you saw what I was talking baout...how one GUY...JUST ONE..and we are back to the top of the east...

We need to hit that lottery BAD.

I am dead serious...Rose + a nice FA pickup...we could win it all next year.

Win it all next year?

Can't we get through this year first before we deem the Heat as next year's champ? :D

Back
Top Bottom