The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Some of the good ones out there right now are......

Teixeria to the Braves, LA, LAA, or Orioles

Dan Johnson to the Twins

Tejada to somebody (if he is healthy)

Gagne to the Tigers

Buherle to everyone in a playoff hunt

Abreu to San Diego

Adam Dunn to San Diego

Last night they were sayin A-rod could be moved

I'm big on the Marlins and follow the Mets due to family.

However, I don't watch enough baseball to know:

What type of deal do you think the Marlins can get in return for D-Train?

I know that most Marlin fans want to trade with Seattle for two of their best minor league guys Clement and Jones.

Jones is a center fielder who is just about MLB ready and Clement is a catcher who is just about major league ready.

The reason Seattle could give them up is that they have a great center fielder in Ichiro and a really good catcher.

Buerhle on the move again. I thought he signed that contract so he could remain with the White Sox. Even with the trade kickin year at 17 million I would still make a deal for this kid.

Buerhle on the move again. I thought he signed that contract so he could remain with the White Sox. Even with the trade kickin year at 17 million I would still make a deal for this kid.

Yeah he just signed an extension, I don't see him being moved.

Also, why would Texiera go to Baltimore when they are almost 10 games under .500?

Yanks should accept their fate and deal away A-Rod for some much needed young talent. A-Rod isn't coming back next yr anyways and Yanks aren't making the playoffs, so I don't understand why the Yanks would keep A-Rod.
Also, Buerhle just signed an extension; he isn't going anywhere. Tribe needs to land some pen help before this deadline, hopefully Gagne.

I'm big on the Marlins and follow the Mets due to family.

However, I don't watch enough baseball to know:

What type of deal do you think the Marlins can get in return for D-Train?
Probably 1 top prospect and a mid-level throw in.

Over-valuation is the biggest downfall at the deadline. Thats what happened with Buerhle. They asked the Mets for a package of 3 top flight prospects (from Fernando Martinez, Pelfrey, Humber, Gomez, Milledge) and Omar hung up the phone. It happened 2 years ago when the Mets were close to getting manny. Its not the only examples and a lot of times its the reason why nothing happens.

In this era, small market teams want to rape the bigger teams farms and lately it hasnt happened aside from Oakland taking haren/Calero/Barton from the Cards for Mulder. As tough as it is for the small market teams to shell out big dollars to guys like Willis, its equally as hard for big market teams to shell out those dollars AND give up multiple prospects.

So if I'm a Marlins fan, or a fan of any team exected to be a seller, id temper my expectation to an A level prospect and if im lucky get an additional C+/B level guy at a team's lower levels. Thinking you'll get more is setting yourself up for disappointment. If you actually do get more, be happy.

Also, why would Texiera go to Baltimore when they are almost 10 games under .500?

Tex is a MD boy (Annapolis area). Always wanted to play for O's, etc - his team growing up, etc. He has stated many times, once he is a FA the O's have an advantage cause thats where his heart is.

I don't think there is any way the Mariners include Jones in the deal for Willis.

My A's could be big time sellers. If they don't come out and win 12 out of 15 or something like that after the break Billy Beane will start unloading looking towards next year.

Kurt Suzuki is already taking at bats away from J. Kendall and Kendall is a goner after the season because he's a free agent. The A's also have Landon Powell on his way up. A team with no depth or a team wanting another catcher (he's been hitting well over the last few weeks) could look at him as a stop gap measure. I think if Beane got offered anything for him he'd bite.

MikeO mentioned Dan Johnson at the beginning and I can see that as a sure bet almost. Daric Barton is the future at first base, he's hitting over .320 in AAA. I think Beane wants a long look at him at the end of the year. Johnsonm has no where to go. Barton is the future and if he is not quite ready Swisher can play first base.

A couple of other A's names that could come up if they struggle after the break are Shannon Stewart, Esteban Loaizia (he'll be back in the rotation in 2 weeks), Joe Kennedy (a spot starter and a bullpen lefty), and Alan Embree.

The A's are thin at the top of their prospect list. After Barton, Suzuki and Meyer it drops off big time until you get to single A. After graduating guys like Swisher, Blanton, Street, Buck and with Barton, Suzuki and Meyer on the rise it is expected to have a drop off for a year or two.

Billy Beane has not made a "splashy" move for a couple of years, I think he'll do whatever he can this year to add some mid prospects to the organization.

Back
Top Bottom