The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

Jermaine Dye has been good since the break. He's a .230 hitter right now who IMO doesn't have a position to play in Boston. The one team I thought he could make a difference on was SD. I was watching the White Sox vs Yankees and their is not a worse pitcher in the majors than Contreras.

LOL Pointless move of the day: Matt Morris to Pitt

I guess Pitt is going all out to finish 5th? Only logic there is that Morris can probably get through waivers and maybe get them a half useful prospect?

Not only that, but the Pirates are eating the rest of Morris' contract in the deal and gave up a decent prospect to make it happen. Completely bizarre move; they probably could have had Morris for a song if they wanted to pay his salary, or could have gotten the Giants to go halfsies on his salary to give up a decent prospect.

Last year, they made the Shawn Chacon trade, which no one understood either.

Speaking of bad teams, I do NOT understand the Nationals, at all. They sign Young and Belliard to long-term (well, multi-year, anyway) contracts instead of trading them for prospects. They ask for the moon for Cordero and don't move him, even though there's really no games to save in DC. If I were a Nats fan, all I'd be saying is "thank God Redskins training camp just started".

I'm interested to see what players move after the 7/31 deadline. There's going to be a LOT of guys that clear waivers. The White Sox will surely be hoping that Jose Contreras gets hot, for example, and that they can pawn him off on someone, for something. Kyle Farnsworth might be another, although the Yankees bullpen is ultra-thin as it is, now that they've traded Proctor.

Jermaine Dye has been good since the break. He's a .230 hitter right now who IMO doesn't have a position to play in Boston. The one team I thought he could make a difference on was SD. I was watching the White Sox vs Yankees and their is not a worse pitcher in the majors than Contreras.

Of course he did. He would have played 5 days a week, mostly in RF.

Not only that, but the Pirates are eating the rest of Morris' contract in the deal and gave up a decent prospect to make it happen. Completely bizarre move; they probably could have had Morris for a song if they wanted to pay his salary, or could have gotten the Giants to go halfsies on his salary to give up a decent prospect.

Last year, they made the Shawn Chacon trade, which no one understood either.

Speaking of bad teams, I do NOT understand the Nationals, at all. They sign Young and Belliard to long-term (well, multi-year, anyway) contracts instead of trading them for prospects. They ask for the moon for Cordero and don't move him, even though there's really no games to save in DC. If I were a Nats fan, all I'd be saying is "thank God Redskins training camp just started".

Pittsburgh has one of the nicest if not the nicest park. It's a shame they can't put a decent product on the field.

Back
Top Bottom