The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

If I was an Angels fan, I would be livid. Hell, I *AM* livid, and I'm not even an Angels fan.

Bill Stoneman does this crap every year; he sits on his hands at the trading deadline. This year, the Angels are a slugger away from locking up the AL West and being on par with the Red Sox, Tigers and Indians. So who are they talking up? Sammy Sosa and his sub-.300 OBP and his sub-.450 slugging percentage in an extreme hitters park. That's a cheap-*** band aid if I've ever seen one.

I'm holding out hope though I'm not sure why. Everything I've read is that they're pushing for Tex hard. They got turned down for Dye and Konerko so Tex is who they're focused on. Other teams seem to be turning the Rangers down so maybe the Angels have a chance with him. As long as they dont want Brandon Wood or Ardenhart I'm hopeful something can get done. To be honest though, I wouldnt be pissed if Wood was part of a deal as long as it wasnt Wood and other top prospects.

I'm hoping with the way the team has been struggling lately it will convince Stoneman a move is needed. I could see the injuries making him more cautious though. :(

The Rangers continue to sift through trade offers for first baseman Mark Teixeira, but Thursday passed with no significant movement. The Los Angeles Angels, one of three teams in the mix for Teixeira, were the most recent to tweak their offer.

One of three teams and we just upped the offer a bit. Just bite Texas!

Paul konerko isnt playing for the white sox today. Any chance he got traded and the details havent been released?

The Angels essentially abandoned their pursuit of Texas slugger Mark Teixeira because of the Rangers' steep asking price Friday, leaving them very few options to bolster their offense before Tuesday's non-waiver trade deadline.

According to baseball sources, the Rangers wanted three players from the Angels for Teixeira, and the teams apparently agreed on the first two, first baseman Casey Kotchman and left-handed pitcher Joe Saunders.

Texas spent a day or two scouring the Angels' farm system this week, and the Angels were hoping the third request would be for a mid-level prospect or major league reserve such as Terry Evans and Nathan Haynes, both outfielders.

The Rangers gave the Angels a list of four names to choose from Friday. On that list were infielder Brandon Wood, the organization's top position-playing prospect, double-A right-hander Nick Adenhart, the organization's top pitching prospect, starting second baseman Howie Kendrick, who is on the disabled list because of a broken finger, and recently demoted right-hander Ervin Santana.

The Angels' response: No way.

So Saunders/Kotchman and another top prospect? Cant blame Stoneman for telling the Rangers no on this one.

Dan Wheeler traded for Ty Wiggonton (lame)
Jorge Cantu to the Reds

The Cubs are prepared to give up Felix Pie for Gerald Laird and either Eric Gagne or CJ Wilson (?!?)

Several teams looking at Al Reyes.

The Cubs are prepared to give up Felix Pie for Gerald Laird and either Eric Gagne or CJ Wilson (?!?)

Gagne is involved in several rumors....Yanks are talking about acquiring him as a setup man to Rivera and much need bullpen reliability.

konerko not playing again today. He just had a day off, any chance he got traded because i dont think hes ever had two days off in a three day period before and hes healthy too. Any word

konerko not playing again today. He just had a day off, any chance he got traded because i dont think hes ever had two days off in a three day period before and hes healthy too. Any word

I doubt the ChiSox trade him. Angels are the only team that has tried as far as I've read and they were shot down pretty quickly from the looks of things.

I doubt the ChiSox trade him. Angels are the only team that has tried as far as I've read and they were shot down pretty quickly from the looks of things.

I agree, however, why PK sat today after taking friday off is a strange situation...I have no answer.

For selfish fantasy reasons, I would love PK and Vlad back to back in the Angel Lineup with Figgins at the top! :D

Paul konerko isnt playing for the white sox today. Any chance he got traded and the details havent been released?

Konerko has been white-hot since the break. They planned on sitting him out saturday and I thought they were thinking of using him as a DH on Sunday but I guess that fell through. If the White Sox were to trade him which I don't think they will. Somebody would have to give up the farm. Nobody is "untouchable," on any team. Though Buehrle/Konerko are the cornerstone players for the White Sox. I'm still pissed that I can't put Chris Young in that statement. Considering the great OF production the White Sox have had i'm sure they couldn't use a 5-tool guy.

Is it me, or does it seem any team that puts a player on the block wants stud prospects for him? I mean, the Rangers wanted two stud prospects for Tex... They want a stud prospect for Gagne (who when healthy and on is GREAT, but has injury history AND out of his contract after this season)!? :shakeno:

I know you always try to get the most for your players, but I think some teams are just being silly. They really want to get rid of a player, but yet want to get a premium for them! LOL.

Is it me, or does it seem any team that puts a player on the block wants stud prospects for him? I mean, the Rangers wanted two stud prospects for Tex... They want a stud prospect for Gagne (who when healthy and on is GREAT, but has injury history AND out of his contract after this season)!? :shakeno:

I know you always try to get the most for your players, but I think some teams are just being silly. They really want to get rid of a player, but yet want to get a premium for them! LOL.

I can understand why teams would have to get up 2 prospects for Tex or Gagne, because both of them could really help a team.

However it's when GMs ask for stud prospects for the Jeff Suppans, Salmon Torres and Jack Wilsons of the MLB that it gets laughable.

Gagne real close to going to Boston according to Buster Onley

Seattle as an inside tract for the wild card spot, will be interesting if they open the check book and go get a starting pitcher that might put them over the top

Back
Top Bottom