The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

If we can't land Willis, I am all for Garland. Butthe M's need one more arm. I just hope we can keep Jones and still get someone.

Can't believe you guys finally got rid of him.
Now you need to take some of that hard earned Phin $$$ over the vBookie, and put it on your Pad's :wink:
Bro we need a big time hitter in this lineup, if we don't we won't go far in the playoffs. I think the pitching is starting to show signs of wearing down. Our offense needs to kick it in gear soon, or our pitching is going to be wiped out.:wink:

Bro we need a big time hitter in this lineup, if we don't we won't go far in the playoffs. I think the pitching is starting to show signs of wearing down. Our offense needs to kick it in gear soon, or our pitching is going to be wiped out.:wink:

Your pitchers are killer. When is Sheets coming back?
I'd rather go into the postseason with questions about the lineup with that kind of rotation than the other way around. I think the Padres scare me more than any other team in the NL.

I'd rather go into the postseason with questions about the lineup with that kind of rotation than the other way around. I think the Padres scare me more than any other team in the NL.
Bro I have lost count on how many runners we have left on base this year. The Padres were on the local radio show here, and I think they have one or two more moves coming. They are not done yet.

Bro I have lost count on how many runners we have left on base this year. The Padres were on the local radio show here, and I think they have one or two more moves coming. They are not done yet.
I feel your pain there. The Mets have been dreadful with RISP this year. I better not get Boik started :chuckle:

We could use another good arm in our rotation. You have to realized this. He might not be having a season like he had a few years back with 22 wins. BUT, I think a change of scenery, would be nice. He won;t have to be the man in Seattle, so he won;t be carrying the team like he had to before. We could get him relatively cheep and he already has a small contract for the next two seasons. If the M's are going to make a run, it won't be with the pitching staff that we have now, just flat out won't carry us. Is Willis the answer, maybe, maybe not. But we need to make some move for a better arm. Everyone else is going to be way inflated.
Who/what do you think the M's should do. All the talk on the radios here are pro Willis.
garland? bro giving up some prospects for someone who will be worse than washburn isnt worth it...i honestly think m's should just trade for some pitching prospects..theres not enough starting pitching to help us get over the hump

We could use another good arm in our rotation. You have to realized this. He might not be having a season like he had a few years back with 22 wins. BUT, I think a change of scenery, would be nice. He won;t have to be the man in Seattle, so he won;t be carrying the team like he had to before. We could get him relatively cheep and he already has a small contract for the next two seasons. If the M's are going to make a run, it won't be with the pitching staff that we have now, just flat out won't carry us. Is Willis the answer, maybe, maybe not. But we need to make some move for a better arm. Everyone else is going to be way inflated.
Who/what do you think the M's should do. All the talk on the radios here are pro Willis.

The Mariners need to focus on upgrading their lineup first. Start by promoting Adam Jones. Then trade for Adam Dunn. The Mariners have a whole bunch of singles hitters and desperately need some thump in their lineup. Get Dunn, put him in LF, DH Jones (or vice versa) and bench Ibanez and Vidro. The Vidro trade was high in the running for the worst move of the offseason; a DH with a slugging percentage of .365 is an absolute disgrace.

Then, if they have anything left over to trade, start looking at starters. But honestly, I'm not sure Willis is the answer. He's been lousy this year, and moving him to the league that hits pitchers even harder seems counterintuitive (to say the least). Willis IS better than this, but every time he goes out and gets shelled, I start to lose a little more confidence that he'll turn it around.

The best hope for the M's rotation is probably that F-Her will start pitching like the ace we expect.

If they're going to get a starter, the apparently available Jon Garland makes more sense. At least we know he can get AL hitters out, and he's consistently succeeded despite mediocre stuff. I don't like pitchers with low K rates, but when they consistently put up good numbers despite low K rates, I can live with it.

garland? bro giving up some prospects for someone who will be worse than washburn isnt worth it...i honestly think m's should just trade for some pitching prospects..theres not enough starting pitching to help us get over the hump

That might actually be the more pragmatic approach. The Mariners have been extremely lucky to be just 4 games out, and they're almost certainly not as good as their record. (They've been outscored on the year, for example, yet are 8 games above .500. That's a serious statistical anomaly, suggestive of a second half decline.)

That said, they are just 4 games out, and it's not like the Angels are invincible. And moreover, we all know Bill Stoneman's not going to make a deadline move to help the team. So if they wanted to try and make a run, I wouldn't blame them.

Today's RUMORS

Dunn to San Diego
Sosa to LAA or Twins
Luis Castillo to Mets
Damon to Atlanta still being talked up
Seattle the front-runner for Garland
Dotel wants an extension and wants to stay in KC (he likes it there)
Farnsworth to Detroit (ny wants him gone so bad they will pay most of his salary)
Jason Jennings to Seattle
Red Sox won't deal any prospects for Adam Dunn or Mark Texeria
Otuska to Cleveland

they should move gallardo to the rotation perrmanently. They would be scary with Sheets, Capuano, Gallardo, Bush and suppan, damn thats scary. In a series with breaks where you only need your top three starters, id be scared. Gallardo, capuano and sheets have some nasty stuff

If I was an Angels fan, I would be livid. Hell, I *AM* livid, and I'm not even an Angels fan.

Bill Stoneman does this crap every year; he sits on his hands at the trading deadline. This year, the Angels are a slugger away from locking up the AL West and being on par with the Red Sox, Tigers and Indians. So who are they talking up? Sammy Sosa and his sub-.300 OBP and his sub-.450 slugging percentage in an extreme hitters park. That's a cheap-*** band aid if I've ever seen one.

The Mariners need to focus on upgrading their lineup first. Start by promoting Adam Jones. Then trade for Adam Dunn. The Mariners have a whole bunch of singles hitters and desperately need some thump in their lineup. Get Dunn, put him in LF, DH Jones (or vice versa) and bench Ibanez and Vidro. The Vidro trade was high in the running for the worst move of the offseason; a DH with a slugging percentage of .365 is an absolute disgrace.

Then, if they have anything left over to trade, start looking at starters. But honestly, I'm not sure Willis is the answer. He's been lousy this year, and moving him to the league that hits pitchers even harder seems counterintuitive (to say the least). Willis IS better than this, but every time he goes out and gets shelled, I start to lose a little more confidence that he'll turn it around.

The best hope for the M's rotation is probably that F-Her will start pitching like the ace we expect.

If they're going to get a starter, the apparently available Jon Garland makes more sense. At least we know he can get AL hitters out, and he's consistently succeeded despite mediocre stuff. I don't like pitchers with low K rates, but when they consistently put up good numbers despite low K rates, I can live with it.

The thing is our bats, sigle hitters yes, arn't too bad. We've cooled off sense the break. We need the arms to help keep it low run games.
As far as bringing in big bats, they tried that a few years ago. now were stuck with Sexson an Beltre who were suppost to be those big bats. And don't even get me started on Vidro. That guy is a waste.
I'd like to move Ibanez to DH, move Jones up and to Left. And try to move Vidro, Sexson, or someone. But no way that will happen. Stupid Richie, hiting .204..... just kills me

That might actually be the more pragmatic approach. The Mariners have been extremely lucky to be just 4 games out, and they're almost certainly not as good as their record. (They've been outscored on the year, for example, yet are 8 games above .500. That's a serious statistical anomaly, suggestive of a second half decline.)

That said, they are just 4 games out, and it's not like the Angels are invincible. And moreover, we all know Bill Stoneman's not going to make a deadline move to help the team. So if they wanted to try and make a run, I wouldn't blame them.
I sure hope so.

Back
Top Bottom