The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

Word going around right now is that Washington is talking to Dmitri Young about a contract extension which just goes to show how stupid Bowden is.

Young is 35 years old and can't play the field and would be a very useful player off the bench for a playoff team and the Nats could get something useful in return for him.

i havent been following this thread so bear with me, anyone know whos interested in Miguel Tejada. I know hes injured but hes coming back friday so i was just curious
hmm that an interesting question.

Of all the contending teams i have a hard time finding a place for him at least at SS:
NYY: Jeter (arod at 3rd)
Bos: Lugo - big contract. (Lowell playing great at 3rd)
LAA: Orlando Cabrera - having a solid year...I wonder if he'd play 3rd to come to Anaheim?
Seattle: The only obvious destination in the AL. Would he want to make the move to the Northwest?
Cleveland: Peralta playing well....There is a hole at 3rd and they can use Marte as the bait?
Twins: SS is pretty bad for them but do they have the budget?
Mets: Reyes/Wright = no room. Gaping hole at 2b if hes willing to move.
ATL: Renteria/Chipper = no room.
Philly: Rollins is secure at ss...they need a 3b so if hes willing to make the move I guess this is a possibility.
Milwakee: JJ Hardy/Ryan Braun = no room. Doubt its in the budget anyway
Cubs: Nothing great at SS...possible.
LAD; Furcal...Nomar/Betemit platoon at 3b is nothing special.
SD: Greene at SS. Kouzmanoff is replaceable at 3b and to me this makes the most sense because SD really needs offense.

Take it for what its worth. just my opinion. :beer1:

hmm that an interesting question.

Of all the contending teams i have a hard time finding a place for him at least at SS:
NYY: Jeter (arod at 3rd)
Bos: Lugo - big contract. (Lowell playing great at 3rd)
LAA: Orlando Cabrera - having a solid year...I wonder if he'd play 3rd to come to Anaheim?
Seattle: The only obvious destination in the AL. Would he want to make the move to the Northwest?
Cleveland: Peralta playing well....There is a hole at 3rd and they can use Marte as the bait?
Twins: SS is pretty bad for them but do they have the budget?
Mets: Reyes/Wright = no room. Gaping hole at 2b if hes willing to move.
ATL: Renteria/Chipper = no room.
Philly: Rollins is secure at ss...they need a 3b so if hes willing to make the move I guess this is a possibility.
Milwakee: JJ Hardy/Ryan Braun = no room. Doubt its in the budget anyway
Cubs: Nothing great at SS...possible.
LAD; Furcal...Nomar/Betemit platoon at 3b is nothing special.
SD: Greene at SS. Kouzmanoff is replaceable at 3b and to me this makes the most sense because SD really needs offense.

Take it for what its worth. just my opinion. :beer1:
thx, i was just curious since hes returning soon and hes on my fantasy team and if he moves from baltimore it could mean bigger things

thx, i was just curious since hes returning soon and hes on my fantasy team and if he moves from baltimore it could mean bigger things
that was the reason i took the time to do that post as well. Because hes returning for me in my money league.

Tiexeria to everyone. Although Texas wants something from NY's farm system and are trying to force a deal there

they want Jaba Chamberlain (which they won't get), he'll probably come up to the bigs in August

Word going around right now is that Washington is talking to Dmitri Young about a contract extension which just goes to show how stupid Bowden is.

Young is 35 years old and can't play the field and would be a very useful player off the bench for a playoff team and the Nats could get something useful in return for him.

Bowden is awful. Here's a guy who refused some pretty nice packages for Soriano because he thought he could resign him, and then didn't even attempt to talk to him. Now, when he can get some ok prospects for a guy having a fluke season, he'll give said guy an extension.

Trade just went down:

Brewers acquired RHP Scott Linebrink from the Padres for RHP Will Inman, LHP Joe Thatcher and LHP Steve Garrison.

come on, I just want the Mariners to make a move on Willis

The Marlins continue telling teams Dontrelle Willis is not up for discussion. The lack of special assignment scouts at the left-hander's recent outings suggests the same thing. If the Marlins haven't committed to trading him by now, don't look for Willis to go anywhere before the deadline.
South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Marlins continue telling teams Dontrelle Willis is not up for discussion. The lack of special assignment scouts at the left-hander's recent outings suggests the same thing. If the Marlins haven't committed to trading him by now, don't look for Willis to go anywhere before the deadline.
South Florida Sun-Sentinel

:( your killing me

Dontrelle pitched decent last time out.

He gave up four runs but other than a two run homer the D-Backs kinda just blooped the ball around and found the right spots.

Trade just went down:

Brewers acquired RHP Scott Linebrink from the Padres for RHP Will Inman, LHP Joe Thatcher and LHP Steve Garrison.
Hopefully this works out for the best. Scott has been up and down of late. He has been the center of trade rumors for the last two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom