The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

Braves anty up a package for Texiera; Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Elvis Andrus, and one of Matt Harrison or Kyle Davies. The Rangers would have to include either CJ Wilson or Ron Mahay in the deal. A very nice package for the Rangers

The Dodgers are offering James Loney, Andre Ethier, and a pitcher not named Clayton Kershaw; again, another great package

maybe minaya's best move is to offer fernando martinez and Phillip Humber for Tex and Otsuka and keep them away from LAD and ATL :)

Throw Tex in LF since Alou cant stay healthy and green sucks and milledge deserves to start in one corner OF spot :)

They better not give up Loney and Ethier AND a pitcher for Tex...I think Loney has the potential to be better, and he is already performing at a pretty high level...Ethier is getting it done too...

Im more concerned about fixing our pitching with all of the injuries that we have had, then adding a big bat...

Hopefully this works out for the best. Scott has been up and down of late. He has been the center of trade rumors for the last two seasons.

Can't believe you guys finally got rid of him.
Now you need to take some of that hard earned Phin $$$ over the vBookie, and put it on your Pad's :wink:

maybe minaya's best move is to offer fernando martinez and Phillip Humber for Tex and Otsuka and keep them away from LAD and ATL :)

Throw Tex in LF since Alou cant stay healthy and green sucks and milledge deserves to start in one corner OF spot :)

:lol: Now you're in dream land bro. I'm not sure we'd get Tex for those two. I keep hearing how the Rangers want the farm for him.

Braves anty up a package for Texiera; Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Elvis Andrus, and one of Matt Harrison or Kyle Davies. The Rangers would have to include either CJ Wilson or Ron Mahay in the deal. A very nice package for the Rangers

The Dodgers are offering James Loney, Andre Ethier, and a pitcher not named Clayton Kershaw; again, another great package

The Dodgers are insane if they give up that much for Teixiera.

Honestly, I don't think Tex is getting moved. The Rangers want the moon for him, and someone's going to have to sign him long-term as well. The Braves have been in cost-cutting mode for a couple years, so I don't think they're going to make a trade for him. The Dodgers might, but if the Rangers are asking for that much, I'd tell them to take a long walk on a short pier.

Interestingly, Tim Kurkjian mentioned this morning on Mike & Mike (please don't ask for a link, it's a radio show) that the Indians were asking about Kenny Lofton, and the Rangers wanted Adam Miller, only their best pitching prospect, and one of the best in the majors. So the Rangers, it seems, have taken a course from the Jim Bowden School of Management.

Some good RUMORS today

John Garland to the Yanks or Seattle

Johny Damon to Atlanta

Farnsworth to Detroit

Helton or Texiera to Boston

Livan or D-Willis to Seattle

Javiar Vazquez told Chicago he WON'T go to Seattle so don't trade him there

Some good RUMORS today

John Garland to the Yanks or Seattle

Johny Damon to Atlanta

Farnsworth to Detroit

Helton or Texiera to Boston

Livan or D-Willis to Seattle

Javiar Vazquez told Chicago he WON'T go to Seattle so don't trade him there

Interesting rumors. I can actually see any of them happening but Damon being moved.

Interesting rumors. I can actually see any of them happening but Damon being moved.

I could see the Yanks trading Damon. They'd just have to pay some/most of his salary. I read the article from that rumor... It quoted Atlanta as saying "we like Damon, just not at that price". So I would not say that deal is squashed by any means... not yet.

I could see the Yanks trading Damon. They'd just have to pay some/most of his salary. I read the article from that rumor... It quoted Atlanta as saying "we like Damon, just not at that price". So I would not say that deal is squashed by any means... not yet.

I'm not sure why Atlanta would do that. They're not going to move Andruw Jones or Jeff Francoeur out of the lineup, despite ample evidence that Francoeur is crap, while Jones has been a black hole at the plate this year. That means they play Damon in LF and sit Matt Diaz. That's an upgrade defensively, but at an unimportant position. Meanwhile, Diaz is their third or fourth best hitter.

Now, as a Met fan, I am in favor of anything that takes Diaz out of the lineup. However, I'm not sure it makes sense for the Braves.

St. Louis getting calls about Russ Springer and Juan Encarnacion. If Springer does not want to be traded (due to him enrolling his kid into a private school in St. Louis) the Cards won't trade him, but they'll trade Enc.

The Marlins are shopping D-Train, just not openly. Several AL teams have called believing his struggles this year are nothing serious. Plus, several teams still love his talent. The Mariners are the most interested, offering Jeff Clement and Wladimir Balentien. The Marlins however, want Adam Jones, and the M's are seriously considering giving him up for D-Train.

The Tigers are scouting Rockies prospect Ian Stewart,with plans of moving him to 1B.

Rangers might keep Gagne because Otsuka might need Tommy John Surgury.

Braves are close to getting Texiera, but Angels have upped their offer. The bases for the deal reamain Casey Kotchman,Ervin Santana, and another major league player. The Angels have also offered the Rangers a prospect of their chosing (as long as its not Brandon Wood)

Yanks looking a Morgan Ensberg for 1B

wtf why do you want willis? wow are you crazy?

We could use another good arm in our rotation. You have to realized this. He might not be having a season like he had a few years back with 22 wins. BUT, I think a change of scenery, would be nice. He won;t have to be the man in Seattle, so he won;t be carrying the team like he had to before. We could get him relatively cheep and he already has a small contract for the next two seasons. If the M's are going to make a run, it won't be with the pitching staff that we have now, just flat out won't carry us. Is Willis the answer, maybe, maybe not. But we need to make some move for a better arm. Everyone else is going to be way inflated.
Who/what do you think the M's should do. All the talk on the radios here are pro Willis.

Back
Top Bottom