The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

I think it makes sense for Texas to actually keep both guys. They have been looking for reliable pitching help literally forever and now they finally have 2 guys that when healthy are among the best at what they do. They sacrifice gaining some prospects but for the short term it opens a window of opportunity if Millwood keeps this solid string of starts going in to next year and they can find some reliable arms to surround him with. If they hadnt done that Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez deal a year and a half ago theyd really be in business.

Joel Sherman's got a list of 10 guys who could get moved. It actually has a lot less of the pie-in-the-sky speculation that marks the usual Sherman piece, so it's worth a read. Link

The Baltimore Sun thinks Jay Payton would be a perfect fit for the Mets, for some reason. They also mention that Kevin Millar will probably get moved. The article floats the Yankees as a possibility, which would be hilarious on several levels. Link

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette seems to think Jose Castillo and his .299 career OBP might get traded to the Mets. I refuse to believe that Omar Minaya is that dumb, but here's the Link.

Jose Contreras' stock is dropping like a fat guy from a tall building, but the Mets might be interested. (Please God, no.) The Dodgers turned down the Yanks overtures for Wilson Betemit, and the Wigginton/Proctor trade remains very much alive, to my absolute amazement. Link

Dontrelle Willis' value has fallen so much that the Marlins might have to keep him; they don't want to trade him at the nadir of his value. Link

However, another source says that the Marlins are trying to move Willis. Link

Jack Wilson to the Red Sox was the one I heard today

Jack Wilson to the Red Sox was the one I heard today

One of the links I posted above (I think the one talking about Jose Castillo) mentioned that the Blue Jays seem to want Wilson, too.

Today's RUMORS
Dunn to Washington

Dotel to Cleveland or Dodgers

Garland to the Yanks

Farnsworth to the Rockies

Dye to Red Sox or White Sox

Carl Crawford on the trading Block for the right price

BJ Upton to the Marlins

Reggie Sanders to Red Sox

Piazzas to Padres

Tiexeria to everyone. Although Texas wants something from NY's farm system and are trying to force a deal there.

I read the Angels were working hard to get Tex w/ a package of Kotchman and Santana but with Santanas recent struggles and demotion talks cooled. Maybe if Santana continues to pitch well in AAA talks will pick up again.

I wouldnt mind BJ Upton or Carl Crawford though.

Ervin Santana's struggles not only hurt the Angels this season, they may have wrecked the team's chances of acquiring Texas slugger Mark Teixeira before the July 31 trade deadline. According to a baseball source, the Angels, in great need of a power bat, and the Rangers held substantive trade talks this month regarding Teixeira. The Angels hoped to build a package around Santana and first baseman Casey Kotchman, two players the Rangers had great interest in, but when Santana was demoted to triple-A Salt Lake last week with a 5-11 record and 6.22 earned-run average, talks between the teams cooled.

Los Angeles Times

Im calling this now: Santana is this years Oliver Perez. Someone will be very happy they took a chance on him by the middle of next year. Kid can pitch. For soem reason his home splits are pretty good and his road splits are absolutely horrendous....

Im calling this now: Santana is this years Oliver Perez. Someone will be very happy they took a chance on him by the middle of next year. Kid can pitch. For soem reason his home splits are pretty good and his road splits are absolutely horrendous....

I'm hoping the Angels hold on to him since his value is probably so low at this point. He won 16 games last year and has lights out stuff. Hopefully he can go down to AAA and figure it out and come back in time to help for the push towards the playoffs.

i havent been following this thread so bear with me, anyone know whos interested in Miguel Tejada. I know hes injured but hes coming back friday so i was just curious

i havent been following this thread so bear with me, anyone know whos interested in Miguel Tejada. I know hes injured but hes coming back friday so i was just curious

I doubt anyone is right now. He's coming off a wrist injury (what is a very tough injury for a hitter to get back from), has a big contract and all of the contenders have decent SS.

He needs to show he's healthy this weekend for a team to be interested. I wouldn't be shocked if he was traded before August 31st over waivers though if he comes back and plays well. But most likely he'll be dealt this winter if at all.

Back
Top Bottom