The Official Roy Williams Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Roy Williams Thread

A conditional first round pick, why not? It could be protected if we don't make the playoffs and if we don't they can have one of our 2nd rounders and a 2nd day pick. If we do make the playoffs, they can have our first rounder. We still have 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd rounder.

If we make the playoffs, we are fine with that with Roy Williams. To me a no brainer...OF COURSE YOU GIVE UP A "CONDITIONAL" 1st round pick! Duh.

Roy Williams, 2 second rounders, and a 3rd round pick for a playoff team is more than enough to enter the draft with.

If we 'don't' make the playoffs, then we still got Roy Williams, our first round pick, 1 2nd round pick, our 3rd rounder and we give up one of our 2nd rounders and say our 4th round pick.

Win win situation.

The Dolphins should be involved in this. Our WR corp sucks. I'm sure it'll reach its potential once we let Henne take over but any upgrades are welcome.

I say we lay in the weeds until 3:45, then offer a 5th round pick

You think Bill and Jeff have some eBay sniper software, eh?

And personally at this point i think the Lions need a 1st round more than we do....

Be that as it may, they can't have ours. A slightly less disgruntled Roy Williams who is catching the balls he's supposed to would be worth a first. As of now, he doesn't warrant that price tag.

What about Beck and a pick. They will lose Kitna for the rest of the season. I think tha Beck is a better QB then what they have there now.

I'd give up one of our seconds in a heartbeat for Williams. He is exactly what we need. I'd throw in Camarillo too.

Be that as it may, they can't have ours. A slightly less disgruntled Roy Williams who is catching the balls he's supposed to would be worth a first. As of now, he doesn't warrant that price tag.

Hey man I agree, but you cant judge a teammates demeanor on a team he isnt liking much to a new start..Im sure the guy still wants to play in the nfl. He'd most likely do better here than he did in DET, just my thoughts

MIA should trade 'conditional' first rounder for Roy Williams

It could be protected if we don't make the playoffs. We keep our first rounder and they can have one of our 2nd rounders and a 4th round pick. If we do make the playoffs, they can have our first rounder.

I mean we will have Roy Williams to replace that first round pick and we still will have two 2nd round picks and our 3rd rounder.

To me a no brainer...OF COURSE YOU GIVE UP A "CONDITIONAL" 1st round pick! Duh.

Roy Williams, 2 second rounders, and a 3rd round pick for a playoff team is more than enough to enter the draft with.

If we 'don't' make the playoffs, then we still got Roy Williams to 'add' to our first round pick, one 2nd round pick still, our 3rd rounder.

No brainer, really.

It could be protected if we don't make the playoffs. We keep our first rounder and they can have one of our 2nd rounders and a 4th round pick. If we do make the playoffs, they can have our first rounder.

I mean we will have Roy Williams to replace that first round pick and we still will have two 2nd round picks and our 3rd rounder.

To me a no brainer...OF COURSE YOU GIVE UP A "CONDITIONAL" 1st round pick! Duh.

If we 'don't' make the playoffs, then we still got Roy Williams to 'add' to our first round pick, one 2nd round pick still, our 3rd rounder.

No brainer, really.

i still say offer a 2nd rounder and see if they bite

Hey man I agree, but you cant judge a teammates demeanor on a team he isnt liking much to a new start..Im sure the guy still wants to play in the nfl. He'd most likely do better here than he did in DET, just my thoughts

This is eerily reminiscent of similar rationalizations regarding another player also not living up to draft expectations attributed to playing for that same Lions team: Joey Harrington.

qpjude-1.jpg

reports are that they have already been offered at least a 1st round pick from the Cowboys...

Lions | Team has offer from Dallas for Williams
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:04:17 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions have an offer from the Dallas Cowboys to acquire WR Roy Williams. The offer is believed to be at least a first-round draft choice.

This is eerily reminiscent of similar rationalizations regarding another player also not living up to draft expectations attributed to playing for that same Lions team: Joey Harrington.

qpjude-1.jpg

Come on now guy how long had harrington played with the lions for before he came here...we knew the guy was weak

I'd give up one of our seconds in a heartbeat for Williams. He is exactly what we need. I'd throw in Camarillo too.

what is it with people wanting to give up players who have played their heart out for us? Camarillo is a star in the making....to be a successful wide out im learning the hard way its really not about speed or size...but seperation, hands...and some sort of speed after the catch

I'd be happy to trade a 1st round pick for Roy Williams- specifically, the #9 pick in the 07 draft!

Back
Top Bottom