the official stanford vs usc game thread ie luck vs barkley... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official stanford vs usc game thread ie luck vs barkley...

Dear god, there is so many drops in this game i thought it was Miami playing.

Liking what im seeing, Barkley has been under heavy pressure(and an absurd number of dropped passes) but has still made some nice throws. Buying into him.

barkley with some fantastic footwork there to avoid the rusher at his legs...and the ball just barely overthrown in the end zone...just barely...some guys come down with that ball

Should've been caught. Hit his hands.

Yeah, USC's line has sucked all year so no surprise there.

I'm really surprised Stanford hasn't done more PA on 1st down. The one play they did it, they had 2 guys wide open and got an easy 13 yards.

with the way they're running the ball its there whenever they want...play action roll out easy money if they keep runnin the ball like they have

with the way they're running the ball its there whenever they want...play action roll out easy money if they keep runnin the ball like they have

I don't even think they've ran the ball consistantly that great. USC is just loading the box on first down. Stanford really could throw it on 1st down whenever they want. The PA would open up some big plays for Luck.

does anyone understand why stanford which had 3 timeouts left, opted not to use a timeout with 59 seconds left, but rather let the clock go all the way down, especially knowing they kickoff to begin the 2nd half?

does anyone understand why stanford which had 3 timeouts left, opted not to use a timeout with 59 seconds left, but rather let the clock go all the way down, especially knowing they kickoff to begin the 2nd half?

Stanford is having Tony Sparano guest coach for the game.

cause vegas told em to...

it feels like the score should be higher than 10-6

I don't even think they've ran the ball consistantly that great. USC is just loading the box on first down. Stanford really could throw it on 1st down whenever they want. The PA would open up some big plays for Luck.

stanfords wrs suck...they need the playaction etc off the running game to get those te matchups down the field they want...i wouldn't br throwing the ball to owusu or whalen all that much on first down vs uscs athletic corners...i'd be setting up to bang em with the te's off the run...

i do think stanfords running the ball pretty successfully though...well enough that they can run anything they want off of it...or they've at least got uscs attention with the run

the pressure uscs generating is whats getting stanford off the field...

so to recap barkleys first half...he made one bad decision in a 5 wr spread the defense out look where he pretty much made the decision at the los he was going to the inside wr the entire way and let the lb undercut it reading his eyes...showed some really subtle but nice feet to avoid the rush and reset his feet nicely to his target...was the victim of a bunch of drops and robert woods going awol in the first half and had has zero running game to take the pressure off of which there's been plenty

Back
Top Bottom