The official start Skylar Thompson thread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official start Skylar Thompson thread

Skyler with work could be an effective backup, but, never, ever was Tua in danger of losing his job to Skyler.

If Skyler been prepared as the starter against the Jets, and had not gone down against the Vikings, Miami might have had a chance at one, if not both of those games, but it still would not have been as stress free, as if Tua had been there.

Next year Skyler should be given a chance to take on the backup position, no more high priced backups like Brissett and Teddy that would cost us money only to disappoint.

Last edited:
Ahhhh so glad this thread came back, every time I see Skylar Thompson I think of this and have a little chuckle!
I like Thompson quite a bit, but anybody who thought that he was better than Tua is just really, really bad at QB evaluation. I can't recall who the poster was that kept calling for Thompson to start over Tua. I tend to put idiots on ignore and that guy ended up on that list long ago. But my hope, (although it's not an expectation b/c self-awareness is so rare), is that that poster recognized that he was really, really bad at QB evaluation and stopped talking like he had any clue about football.

we just need to pray for Tua's health. we are so screwed if tua can't play. i believe we don't win 5 games without Tua.

our defense certainly isn't going to win games . our running game isn't going to win games. it's funny how other teams find a way to win with backup Qb's (usually against us too) but we can't do that

Ahhhh so glad this thread came back, every time I see Skylar Thompson I think of this and have a little chuckle!

Me too! reminds everyone how right I was that Skylar should be starting over Teddy and now he is :)

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1
Skyler with work could be an effective backup, but, never, ever was Tua in danger of losing his job to Skyler.

If Skyler been prepared as the starter against the Jets, and had not gone down against the Vikings, Miami might have had a chance at one, if not both of those games, but it still would not have been as stress free, as if Tua had been there.

Next year Skyler should be given a chance to take on the backup position, no more high priced backups like Brissett and Teddy that would cost us money only to disappoint.
I just don’t see Thompson ever being a reliable backup in the NFL. With Bridgewater on a one year contract, hopefully they will sign a veteran QB to back up Tua next year.

At best, Thompson should be no more than the PS QB in 2023. The Dolphins don’t have to worry about another team signing him to their 53 man roster if they decide to cut him in training camp next year. He could either sign with the Dolphins as a PS player or sign with another team to be their PS QB.

Either way, they shouldn’t waste a spot on the initial 53 man roster in 2023 by keeping him on the active roster as they did this season.

I just don’t see Thompson ever being a reliable backup in the NFL. With Bridgewater on a one year contract, hopefully they will sign a veteran QB to back up Tua next year.

At best, Thompson should be no more than the PS QB in 2023. The Dolphins don’t have to worry about another team signing him to their 53 man roster if they decide to cut him in training camp next year. He could either sign with the Dolphins as a PS player or sign with another team to be their PS QB.

Either way, they shouldn’t waste a spot on the initial 53 man roster in 2023 by keeping him on the active roster as they did this season.

Dalton or Nick Foles come to mind.

I like Thompson quite a bit, but anybody who thought that he was better than Tua is just really, really bad at QB evaluation. I can't recall who the poster was that kept calling for Thompson to start over Tua. I tend to put idiots on ignore and that guy ended up on that list long ago. But my hope, (although it's not an expectation b/c self-awareness is so rare), is that that poster recognized that he was really, really bad at QB evaluation and stopped talking like he had any clue about football.
think of cheese with holes in it

You want to bring in a Vet, then fine, but don't make the signing too rich, and if need be, put a stipulation in there, that if he wins the backup position, his salary will increase, as he battles Skyler for the position.

If Skyler is not able to handle the backup position, and lose out, then it should be an easy increase in $$$ for the Vet.

Back
Top Bottom