The official start Skylar Thompson thread | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official start Skylar Thompson thread

Tough injury to cut your hand on a helmet. However, he showed he's more than capable in this league. Did a lot of things in this game that were encouraging from a talent evaluation standpoint. At the very least he's a QB2, and very cheap.
And injury prone right?

I think it's obvious that a rookie in Skylar has more to offer than Bridgewater. If I was the Fins I would draft another QB in this QB rich draft. Tua is the guy, but we don't know how many games he can play a season. The fins need 2 more solid QBs, and one to push tua for the starting job imo.

Oh yeah, we also need a OL but I have been banging this drum for so long that I lost hope that Grier can fix it.

Agree. I thought he did a few lovely things today. That drive ... he made some lovely plays ... FIVE penalties. I nearly fired my laptop out the window.

Makes me wonder about the coaching, when you see that many penalties.
Makes me wonder about the refs when you see 5 on a drive where we are doing good things

I think it's obvious that a rookie in Skylar has more to offer than Bridgewater. If I was the Fins I would draft another QB in this QB rich draft. Tua is the guy, but we don't know how many games he can play a season. The fins need 2 more solid QBs, and one to push tua for the starting job imo.

Oh yeah, we also need a OL but I have been banging this drum for so long that I lost hope that Grier can fix it.
Agree, Tua has looked like a dude this year, but we need to have a solid back up plan. Another young dude with good physical traits should be added to the roster imo.

Also - going forward we need to be having all 3 QBs active on game day. It's too risky not to. For what? an extra rb or something? nah

They were all pretty egregious though. There wasn't one that wasn't correctly flagged.
The PI on Ingold was just a tad early / was timing but it was the right call. That said they don’t call that one in NE

Makes me wonder about the refs when you see 5 on a drive where we are doing good things
It's punishment for the Tua situation. It almost seemed like they would start calling penalties when we got close to scoring.

Back
Top Bottom