The official start Skylar Thompson thread | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official start Skylar Thompson thread

Hey, I was, and an one of the Skylar supporters.

However, I never wanted him to start over Tua.

It was to replace Bridgewater as the #2.

I am convinced, tomorrow, he will surprise many and have a solid game.

17-27
243 yards
2 TDS
No turnovers

Miami wins 28-17

Get your head out of your Madden football. You are clueless when it comes to the NFL. Name me one other rookie QB who lit it up in his rookie season except for Marino. He’s not ready, there was a lot wrong with his mechanics, hopefully with a week of practice he’s worked on them. Cant you actually see that. The one thing I do like is that he’s fearless but when it matters he’s not carrying this team anywhere. team needs to step up around him.
WTF are you taking about? You’re proving my point in saying no other QB lit it up his rookie season!

Comes down to semantics. IMO, saying he’s not NFL ready means you think he shouldn’t even be on an NFL roster. Not the case at all. It’s one thing to say he’s not starter material, or that he isn’t ready to start in this league. It’s another complete meaning when you say he isn’t “NFL ready”.

Respectfully disagree brother. The blessing out of all of this is the opportunity to see what the kid can do, not only now but for the future. :ffic:

And that's perfectly fine. I just think those that think there's going to be this miraculous difference between last week and this week are in for a rude awakening.

The fact remains that RT was not NFL ready and everyone knew that when he was drafted, so the comp is actually arguing against your own point.

As a side note,this is a forum where ppl reply to statements. No need to be cheeky.
Semantics. Not NFL ready, to me, means the guy shouldn’t be in the league.

Semantics. Not NFL ready, to me, means the guy shouldn’t be in the league.
What? Ever? You don't believe some players are more prepared as rookies than others?

It's fine if that's your definition, but I doubt that is what most ppl mean, when taken in context of discussing a player who is, in fact, already in the league.

I believe most NFL fans use the term to express the feeling that it takes time and coaching for many players to become proficient/effective at this level. It is, therefore, not semantics at all, rather it is two different, incompatible definitions.

What? Ever? You don't believe some players are more prepared as rookies than others?

It's fine if that's your definition, but I doubt that is what most ppl mean, when taken in context of discussing a player who is, in fact, already in the league.

I believe most NFL fans use the term to express the feeling that it takes time and coaching for many players t proficient/effective at this level. It is, therefore, not semantics at all, rather it is two different, incompatible definitions.
Sorry, disagree. When you flat out say a QB isn’t NFL ready, to me, it means he shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

If you say something like X QB isn’t as NFL ready as Y QB, or that Z is the most NFL ready QB in the draft, then I can agree with you. There are degrees to “NFL readiness”, if you will.

But when you strictly say a guy IS NOT NFL ready, you’re saying he is just not ready for the NFL… that he should stay another year in college or find another league to work on his craft.

If you’re saying he’s not ready to be a starting QB in the NFL, then just say that.

WTF are you taking about? You’re proving my point in saying no other QB lit it up his rookie season!

Comes down to semantics. IMO, saying he’s not NFL ready means you think he shouldn’t even be on an NFL roster. Not the case at all. It’s one thing to say he’s not starter material, or that he isn’t ready to start in this league. It’s another complete meaning when you say he isn’t “NFL ready”.
Dude you’re ****ing lost
You are all over the map with this guy
NFL ready means you’re ready to start or be the actual backup
He’s third string for a reason
That’s what means. So I schooled you and now you wanna perform a spin job
Get lost kid
Why are you even arguing a point that you can’t make

Back
Top Bottom