The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

The Blue Jay's manager has some anger management issues.

KTownsDolphins said:
Halladay = a lock for the Cy Young.

He's a beast, he definately deserves it. Halladay to 20 wins is what the Jays need to shoot for this year as there playoff dreams get slimmer and slimmer.

Not sure if he's a lock for the Cy Young but with Toronto's hitting, I'd bet he gets most wins.

the bullpen news

Despite a sore back, B.J. Ryan is expected to be ready to go by opening day - not such good luck for setup man Brandon League who will not be ready by opening day - Coach Gibbons said that League will be backed off from pitching in minor-league games and instead will go on a longtoss program to build up his arm strength - League, who normally throws in the high 90s, has been clocked only in the high 80s during his minor league outing after arriving in camp with an upper muscle problem in his back - look for Jason Frasor as a candidate to assume that role

Also, Victor Zambrano, In five outings and 142/3 innings, has given up three runs on 12 hits, walked six and struck out 10. His ERA is 1.84. Vic wasn't supposed to be ready until mid-season

Wow!! theres a toronto blue jays thread on here!?!?!? awesome!! Been a jays fan since i was a kid in my ball days. Nice to see theres some other Jays fans around! I'm trying to get some tickets for the tigers home opener from stubhub or ebay to go across the river to see the jays! hopefully halladay shuts the tigers down bigtime! However, ticket prices are insane because now all of a sudden it seems everyone thinks the tigers are amazing, theyre a good team, yeah... but like.. $150 for a ticket... come on!!

Things look good for the Jays this year though. I like the addition of Thomas.. I wish we had a better catcher. Im not so comfortable with Zaun back there, while he's a good catcher... he's just not that good of a hitter I dont think. Im surprised though the Jays are leanin towards giving Towers the last starting spot over toma ohka. Towers stunk everytime he took the mound last year, at least ohka has had a good pre-season.

anyways... go jays!!

Wow!! theres a toronto blue jays thread on here!?!?!? awesome!! Been a jays fan since i was a kid in my ball days. Nice to see theres some other Jays fans around! I'm trying to get some tickets for the tigers home opener from stubhub or ebay to go across the river to see the jays! hopefully halladay shuts the tigers down bigtime! However, ticket prices are insane because now all of a sudden it seems everyone thinks the tigers are amazing, theyre a good team, yeah... but like.. $150 for a ticket... come on!!

Things look good for the Jays this year though. I like the addition of Thomas.. I wish we had a better catcher. Im not so comfortable with Zaun back there, while he's a good catcher... he's just not that good of a hitter I dont think. Im surprised though the Jays are leanin towards giving Towers the last starting spot over toma ohka. Towers stunk everytime he took the mound last year, at least ohka has had a good pre-season.

anyways... go jays!!

actually the jays are leaning towards giving that 5th spot to towers over john thomson - tomo ohka is a lock for that 4th spot w/ victor z starting out in the bullpen

actually the jays are leaning towards giving that 5th spot to towers over john thomson - tomo ohka is a lock for that 4th spot w/ victor z starting out in the bullpen

Thats not what I heard on... i think it was TSN or Sportsnet this morning. They were saying the plan is to release thomson... and that yesterdays performance by ohka should help him lock up that final spot... Then i read something today, on... i think yahoo sports saying that it was going to be towers. oh well, all I know is Towers better damn well perform this year

Thats not what I heard on... i think it was TSN or Sportsnet this morning. They were saying the plan is to release thomson... and that yesterdays performance by ohka should help him lock up that final spot... Then i read something today, on... i think yahoo sports saying that it was going to be towers. oh well, all I know is Towers better damn well perform this year

you've got it a little mixed up - towers will more than likely lock up that final spot - but that's because he beat out thomson, not ohka - releasing thomson or not - it still shakes out halladay, burnett, chacin, ohka, and towers no matter how you slice it

you've got it a little mixed up - towers will more than likely lock up that final spot - but that's because he beat out thomson, not ohka - releasing thomson or not - it still shakes out halladay, burnett, chacin, ohka, and towers no matter how you slice it

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Like i said though... as for Towers, I just hope he has a good year, he was terrible last year.

Any word on how the bullpen is going to shake out? Hopefully thats not going to be a weakspot for us

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Like i said though... as for Towers, I just hope he has a good year, he was terrible last year.

Any word on how the bullpen is going to shake out? Hopefully thats not going to be a weakspot for us

Pitching is our weak link, we don't have the payroll to have both, that being said our hitting should be great if we can get two 20 game winners out of Halladay and Burnett that would be special.

aaron hill pretty much cost halladay a win with an error in the 5th but troy glaus' bases loaded single in the 10th put em' up for good - great job by the bullpen - casey janssen pitched 2 and a third getting all 7 batters out - jason frasor with the win and bj ryan with save #1

toronto's fearsome lineup irony: royce clayton goes 1 for 2 to lead the jays after 1 game with a .500 batting average lol

This team didn't finish in 2nd place last year by mistake. They are damn good and a team to watch in my opinion

The Blue Jays I think can make the playoffs but we our thin in depth when it comes to pitching and I think a big deal for a good 3rd pitcher so it moves Chacin to 4th which he would dominate a lot of pitchers if he had to line up against 4th and 5th pitchers in rotation!

The Blue Jays I think can make the playoffs but we our thin in depth when it comes to pitching and I think a big deal for a good 3rd pitcher so it moves Chacin to 4th which he would dominate a lot of pitchers if he had to line up against 4th and 5th pitchers in rotation!

If Burnett and Halladay stay healthy then this team will be close come July and they got the money now to go out and make a move for a pitcher.

The Jays lineup kills lefty pitching. They got the back-end closer. It all comes down to Burnett and Halladay

Back
Top Bottom